Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Uh Oh! Daddy's in Trouble! The Andrew Cuomo Scandal(s) Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So in addition to scandal RE: underreporting COVID deaths in nursing homes and assisted facilities and verbally abusing his peers,
(Here's it broken it down by the delightfully whimsical and British John Oliver)

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is now facing multiple sexual harassment allegations!

With Trump vanquished (hopefully permanently), has the mainstream media found a new, brash, lying, loud mouthed New Yorker to try and take down?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If he did these things (and the accusations are credible) he should resign. But what will probably happen is this: he will be driven out like Al Franken while every Republican that instigated/led the deadly attack on the capitol will remain in power without consequence. Trump will remain rich and privileged and unrelentingly coddled despite having done far worse than Gov Cuomo. And worse things will continue to happen to even more people because this is how things go in this country.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Working Family Party of New York, the center left party which endorsed Cuomo in 2010 and 2014 (but Cynthia Nixon in 2018---man it feels like 20 years ago since she ran), has demanded Cuomo's immediate resignation.

I don't imagine Cuomo has humility to resign unless someone like Biden tells him to, which I can't imagine happening. I totally see him trying to power past this ala Ralph Northam. Realistic best case scenario from his end, is he decides not to run for a 4th term next year.

Also I guess New York is a state which can't recall elected officials. Sorry @Brooklyn Zoo and @Winter Epicland

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know much about NY politics. How's the Lt Gov over there?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is he just insanely popular in Upstate and the suburbs, @Brooklyn Zoo ? It seems like everyone I know in NYC hated his guts long before any of the scandals but I'm also me and am in a far left bubble so.

Reaction score
Is he just insanely popular in Upstate and the suburbs, @Brooklyn Zoo ? It seems like everyone I know in NYC hated his guts long before any of the scandals but I'm also me and am in a far left bubble so.
It’s more the other way around cause there are more Republicans in those areas than in NYC. He’s generally more popular in NYC.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I've been to upstate New York (like, "Canadian border" upstate New York) many times and the people are basically southerners with northern accents.

I mentioned this story before but I have some friends who took a work trip a few months ago to upstate NY and the gibberish people were spouting there unironically ("the vaccine is just the left's way of tracking our movements! I'm not getting the microchip implanted!") was ridiculous.

Reaction score
I mentioned this story before but I have some friends who took a work trip a few months ago to upstate NY and the gibberish people were spouting there unironically ("the vaccine is just the left's way of tracking our movements! I'm not getting the microchip implanted!") was ridiculous.

How things have changed

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Andrew should resign and CNN should fire Chris Cuomo.

I don't think either will happen cause if Ralph Northam is any indication, I think liberals are going to see if they can get away with just forging ahead when their horrible behavior is brought to light like right wingers. Politics truly is a race to the bottom.