Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Umbrella Academy/Juno star Elliot Page comes out as transgender

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's only mildly surprising in the sense that they were somewhat recently on Marc Maron talking about how they didn't come out as a lesbian until their late 20s cause of fear of public backlash.

I'm glad that they did it though. This definitely feels like biggest respected, liked celebrity (sorry Caitlyn) to come out as trans.

Staff member
Reaction score
That takes a lot of courage from him because in today’s society, man, he just opened himself up to the worst kinds of targeted, massive verbal abuse imaginable.

Even just a few years ago, while transphobic comments would be a normal response from some, now you have internet trash with millions of followers who will whip them up into harassing people over just about anything that triggers them.

While a lot of things have gotten better about society, I feel like vocalized transphobia is actually getting worse specifically for that reason.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I feel like this was a bunch of conversations where he came out to people in his life and they were like "Yeah. We know."
Yo, I had, like, exactly the same thought. Like, every conversation he had with his friends and family must have included some variation of, "Bruh, we were waiting on you to be comfortable enough to tell us."

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I remember seeing a video where he was really going after Ted Cruz at one of his rallies and after that I've always liked him. He cemented being a celeb I will always root for when he started calling out Chris Pratt for his homophobic church he supports. He's definitely going to spread awareness and help people struggling with coming out. Elliot Page has been one of the hardest working and genuine Celeb activists around for years now.

Last edited:

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of my favorite celebrities on twitter, advocates for the right causes, and just an inspiration for the gay/trans communities and allies. In a world with so much hate, like 909 said, Elliot has put a very positive face on the struggles for people going through accepting themselves and getting acceptance from their loved ones.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Glad for him. Been a fan since Hard Candy and loved him in The East.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Glad for him. Been a fan since Hard Candy and loved him in The East.

Hard Candy was such a great movie, but one where you need a shower after watching watching it.

At first when I saw the name trending I was wondering who that was. I know I'm getting older and not hip on the young talent, so I thought it was a new star, but was happy for their decision. Then I saw WHO it was and was very surprised, but still happy for them. He's going to help out a lot of people.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I'm glad for him-both for coming out as trans and for not having the last name Smith or Rogers.