Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Unexpected pop culture references in professional wrestling

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My friend just texted me that he received a survey from WWE asking him which pop culture figures he'd like to see show up on WWE programming. The suggestions were Chris Pratt, Mario Lopez (already been on WWE TV albeit it was so long ago that I believe it was one of the early episodes of Sunday Night Heat), Megan Thee Stalion, Steve O (Again already been on WWE TV albeit decades ago), Martin Kove (where you at, @BUTT ?), some online influencers we hadn't heard of, and QUENTIN TARANTINO!

Imagine how awesome/weird QT in WWE would be! We'd get @Incandenza watching WWE for the first time in 20 years probably.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are any of the Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance guys washed up enough to be on the next Rock Of Love? Maybe get a washed up wrestler looking for love instead.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Are any of the Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance guys washed up enough to be on the next Rock Of Love? Maybe get a washed up wrestler looking for love instead.
Please. JA RULE is right there for the job my dude.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bill Hader was a production assistant on the Surreal Life and I can remember him saying how sad and pathetic the set was.

Corey Feldman cussed him out once

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hearing Conrad and Bruce talk about the “Boar on the floor” episode of Succession on a recent STWW was a real weird merging of my interests. Disturbing to think Bruce probably thinks the show is a relatable slice of life workplace comedy.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The divas locker room COULD have gone to the moon had they talked to the big Val Bowski. He had the rocket, they just needed the desire to ride.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All he has to do is the Dusty and show up at Willies hotel wearing a cowboy hat, boots and nothing else.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Good thing the HORNY JAIL is shuttered cause I've spent all day wondering whether Big Poppa Pump got to piss on Shirley Manson.

I'm only happy when it rains, indeed.

Dandy

Reaction score
You know he kept her in that position backstage and spun her around. Then promoed everyone about it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
87CA4DA0-8620-42F1-84C0-61D8B0101CD9.jpeg
yeah going to AEW would be great for Sami but staying in WWE would give him more opportunities to be yelled at by ‘90s pop icons.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Even she knows the heat he'd get for coming out to "All I Want For Christmas Is You" for just one night.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Even she knows the heat he'd get for coming out to "All I Want For Christmas Is You" for just one night.

yPczDcna_400x400.jpg