Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

US Olympic Gold Medalist Gable Stevenson signs with WWE

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Really excited for Stevie Gabeson to debut on NXT.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Will he even go to NXT at this point? I mean he probably should. I don't think he'd be as bad as Dominik Mysterio if they hotshotted him to the main roster but dude's just 21, no need to rush.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Will he even go to NXT at this point? I mean he probably should. I don't think he'd be as bad as Dominik Mysterio if they hotshotted him to the main roster but dude's just 21, no need to rush.
They probably need to send him to NXT, just to teach him how to take something off, for the camera.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Both his trainer Dr. Tom and the guy who signed him Jim Ross said Angle picked up wrestling quicker than anyone ever. But even in that case Angle spent damn near a year between his initial training and his run in I believe Memphis. So, realistically even if Gable is an all time great in terms of picking wrestling up quickly he really shouldn't be on WWE tv for around a year.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar actually (sort of) had the same deal, unbeknownest to Brock. The University of Minnesota Wrestling coach told JR that he would let WWE offer Brock a contract as soon as he won a NCAA Championship. Idk what would have happened if Brock lost. Maybe he would've went to WCW and been a Natural Born Thriller!

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Brock won as a senior so I don’t think he would have been allowed back. I could be wrong though.

I don’t know why Gable would wanna go back to wrestle for an NCAA title when he has two and just won the Olympics, but to each their own. I feel like he wants new challenges and will do MMA when he wants to satisfy those competitive urges down the line.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He also said he can wrestle for WWE while competing in the Golden Golphers season which doesn't seem possible?
He’s not likely going to touring but surely he’s quite capable of making TV once a week, especially if he works Mondays which would probably be less hectic with his collegiate schedule.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was saying it more as it seems like something that'd be an NCAA violation but I guess those rules are changing everyday now.

Dandy

Reaction score
Name/Image/Likeness is surely different than, “Sure, you can go pro at the same time.” Buuuut, I guess since “Exposed! The Secrets of Pro Wrestling” aired, everyone knows it is more like acting than actual professional wrestling.