Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Utah school allows students to “opt-out” of Black History

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I don't know how these things work but can the US government step in here? Because we had a bit of a dust up a while back and the fallout was that "being racist" was not a valid states' right.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I saw this earlier, in somebody's timeline, and was too annoyed to even react. What the fuck does "opt out of Black History Month" even mean? That the parents don't want their children to learn that Black people have actually achieved shit, in this country? That we're not ignorant, lazy, violent savages?

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shit like this wants me to contact every black relative, classmate, friend, coworker, et al, and apologize for the rest of these dumb fucks. Call it white guilt, call it Jessie Spano, I don't know. The depths racism stoops to in the god damn modern world is still some how astounding. But then at what point does embarrassment leak into overcompensating and pandering to the aforementioned people?

I'm just going to keep plugging away in my little bubble hoping to set a good example for the younger kids. My best friend's little boy is sweet on the little girl that lives next door, she's black, and my friend's dad is pretty damn racist so my friend is thankfully making sure that shit ends with his generation.

fuck Utah

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
@BruiserBrody Country
“They’re creating strife between people labeling us as racist and privileged because we’re white,” Supervisor Arnold Schlei, a 73-year-old retired veal farmer who has been on the county board for 11 years, said in an interview. “You can’t come around and tell people that work their tails off from daylight to dark and tell them that they got white privilege and they’re racist and they’ve got to treat the Hmongs and the coloreds and the gays better because they’re racist. People are sick of it.”

:eek: :oops:

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
also the implication that the groups he referred to aren't also "work[ing] their tails off from daylight to dark", while simultaneously dealing with fucks like him

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd bet my next 50 paychecks that Mr Schlei has never worked a day in his whole life and has had literally everything handed to him.