Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

VAL VENIS AND THE RIGHT TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Don’t know what I would do if I was waiting in the post office only for Val Venis to walk in and start harassing the employees.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/val-venis-post-office-video/

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never heard of this First Amendment Audit stuff but it sounds like the kind of crazy shit that's all too common now out on the fringe. I remember Val back in the day on Off The Recond on TSN talking about being a Libertarian but I didn't think he'd descend this far into nuttiness.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What is the issue with filming inside the post office? Do they think he's going to sell their secrets to those German Commies in North Korea?

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Because everyone is freaked the fuck out about terrorism is part of it, people showing up and filming government buildings gets everyone worked up. Addin the obnoxiousness of a first amendment rights type shoving their camera in everyones face and people get even more worked up. Whether he was actually breaking the law or not is a debatable because state's have different laws about consent to video taping (especially the audio portion) among a number of other issues.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
There's actually a ton of these kinds of videos on YouTube from different people. There are people who get stopped at speeding traps and sobriety checkpoints who directly disobey officers' orders and say "they have rights" and other such nonsense.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Epic Reine said:
There's actually a ton of these kinds of videos on YouTube from different people. There are people who get stopped at speeding traps and sobriety checkpoints who directly disobey officers' orders and say "they have rights" and other such nonsense.

I've had roofers film my inspections before or record me for whatever reason. I guess they think they're going to catch me doing something wrong or committing to something I shouldn't have. They never have. And one time he tried to get me to argue with him if something was damage or not while filming me and I just told him we were done and left.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's terrorism to film a gov't building? It's 2018. People film everything.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't saying it is terrorism, I'm saying people get nervous. There's a billion stories of people getting arrested for filming government buildings or landmarks. It isn't right generally but it happens. The more important aspect though was being a douche and getting in people's faces and being a general nuisance when someone is trying to do their job.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
That's what bugged me about Val's and other people's videos. However "in the right" they are, common sense dictates that when someone makes a polite request, it's best not to be an asshole back to prove some stupid "point".

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Epic Reine said:
That's what bugged me about Val's and other people's videos. However "in the right" they are, common sense dictates that when someone makes a polite request, it's best not to be an asshole back to prove some stupid "point".

That's where I'm at. Yeah it's not technically illegal for you to film me, but why do you really need to?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Oh man - I knew I should've made this its own thread. Mods, please split and call it VAL VENIS AND THE RIGHT TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT or something glorious

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been filmed in the course of public business. Right or wrong, it's unnerving. Even if you're doing everything 100% above board, things can be taken out of context. To date, nothing has ever popped up on youtube, but still, I remember looking up mid sentence and seeing an iphone in my direction and losing my train of thought.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Dude's been pretty out there since at least 2008 (we were Facebook friends!) so this isn't surprising. Pretty much everyone's lost their minds in the last few years, and the people who were already crazy went balls out.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
This pisses me off more than a message forum has ever pissed me off before. Even though it's just text from someone that I will never meet, it pisses me off. Not just because I'm a Morley mark, but because people are so dimwitted they have to always use the same excuses for everything.

His matches are repetitive? Fuck you. Alright. Just straight fuck you. This is the WWE. EVERY match is repetitive. Every fucking one. That's what happens when you only get four minutes to work. I think, no fuck that, I KNOW Val is the best wrestler on RAW. Yeah, that's right. Better than Jericho, better than RVD & better than Lance Storm. You can call me crazy all you want, but I know what I have seen. Morley always...ALWAYS entertains me. On the stick, in the ring, everywhere. He should be a main eventer by now. Especially after having to go through all the "Val Venis" bullshit.

He is WAY above average in the wrestling department. "Average at best?" Fucking please. Rodney Mack is average at best. Test is average at best. Morley is better than half the roster (including Smackdown). Average at best means that when he has his best nights, it's only average. Or, it could mean if you added up all of his matches and rated them on quality, then divided by the number of matches you would end up with a number that was "average" based on a scale that would have to be made up as well. Fuck that. Did you even think before you typed that?

His offense is rather dull aside from a few moves like the Blue Thunder? Why's that? Because not every single move he uses is exclusive to him? I beg to differ. He executes all of his moves well. He has a great finisher. The 'Money Shot' is highly underrated. Everytime I see it I just have flashbacks to Jimmy Snuka days. Just because he doesn't do twenty moonsaults and six corkscrews before hitting a body splash doesn't mean that it can't still be impressive.

I swear, it's like people have selective viewing habits. If you don't think Morley is talented, you shouldn't be allowed to form an opinion about wrestling on a wrestling forum. The same people that preach about Chris Jericho, Booker T. & The Hurricane had better damn well see something in Morley.

Now I'm bitter. I can't believe that someone would go out of their way to call Morley average. I've never even seen Morley botch a spot! Remember his feud with D-Lo way back when for the IC title? Yeah, he was even good back then. I've also never heard about Morley being hard to work with or causing problems backstage. In fact, whenever I do read something about him, it's usually just something like him going to another wrestlers wedding. That just shows that he's a nice guy with a lot of friends. I guess we all know where nice guys finish.

I just think it's a case of the good old TSM double standard again. I have no doubt in my mind that if people talked about Morley as much as they talk about some other 'Smark Darlings" everyone would act like they liked him. Why? Because this place is full of fucking sheep. Just a bunch of damn bandwagon jumpers. It makes me sick. It's like everyone just tries to fit in. Everyone likes the same five wrestlers...and I know that they are talented, but I guarantee half of the people that act like they like Guerrero or Jericho only say that to try and fit in here. The reasoning is because they don't want to be "ran off" for having a different opinion. Don't act like it wouldn't happen either, because it's happened in the past.

It's not just a difference of opinion either. You might not like Morley as much as me, that's fine. You might think other wrestlers are better than him, that's fine too. Those are opinions, I'll admit that. Saying the man is not talented or is average is not an opinion. Not to me. To me it's false information. It's bullshit. He obviously has talent. OBVIOUSLY. If you can't see that, quit watching wrestling because you wouldn't know talent it it took you out into the middle of the street and blew your brains out.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I just peeked at Val's Twitter and it's horrible. I'm not gonna link anything but in addition to being transphobic, he's a Sandy Hook and Parkland truther.

Just stay in your house and smoke a bowl, Chief Morley.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
This pisses me off more than a message forum has ever pissed me off before. Even though it's just text from someone that I will never meet, it pisses me off. Not just because I'm a Morley mark, but because people are so dimwitted they have to always use the same excuses for everything.

His matches are repetitive? Fuck you. Alright. Just straight fuck you. This is the WWE. EVERY match is repetitive. Every fucking one. That's what happens when you only get four minutes to work. I think, no fuck that, I KNOW Val is the best wrestler on RAW. Yeah, that's right. Better than Jericho, better than RVD & better than Lance Storm. You can call me crazy all you want, but I know what I have seen. Morley always...ALWAYS entertains me. On the stick, in the ring, everywhere. He should be a main eventer by now. Especially after having to go through all the "Val Venis" bullshit.

He is WAY above average in the wrestling department. "Average at best?" Fucking please. Rodney Mack is average at best. Test is average at best. Morley is better than half the roster (including Smackdown). Average at best means that when he has his best nights, it's only average. Or, it could mean if you added up all of his matches and rated them on quality, then divided by the number of matches you would end up with a number that was "average" based on a scale that would have to be made up as well. Fuck that. Did you even think before you typed that?

His offense is rather dull aside from a few moves like the Blue Thunder? Why's that? Because not every single move he uses is exclusive to him? I beg to differ. He executes all of his moves well. He has a great finisher. The 'Money Shot' is highly underrated. Everytime I see it I just have flashbacks to Jimmy Snuka days. Just because he doesn't do twenty moonsaults and six corkscrews before hitting a body splash doesn't mean that it can't still be impressive.

I swear, it's like people have selective viewing habits. If you don't think Morley is talented, you shouldn't be allowed to form an opinion about wrestling on a wrestling forum. The same people that preach about Chris Jericho, Booker T. & The Hurricane had better damn well see something in Morley.

Now I'm bitter. I can't believe that someone would go out of their way to call Morley average. I've never even seen Morley botch a spot! Remember his feud with D-Lo way back when for the IC title? Yeah, he was even good back then. I've also never heard about Morley being hard to work with or causing problems backstage. In fact, whenever I do read something about him, it's usually just something like him going to another wrestlers wedding. That just shows that he's a nice guy with a lot of friends. I guess we all know where nice guys finish.

I just think it's a case of the good old TSM double standard again. I have no doubt in my mind that if people talked about Morley as much as they talk about some other 'Smark Darlings" everyone would act like they liked him. Why? Because this place is full of fucking sheep. Just a bunch of damn bandwagon jumpers. It makes me sick. It's like everyone just tries to fit in. Everyone likes the same five wrestlers...and I know that they are talented, but I guarantee half of the people that act like they like Guerrero or Jericho only say that to try and fit in here. The reasoning is because they don't want to be "ran off" for having a different opinion. Don't act like it wouldn't happen either, because it's happened in the past.

It's not just a difference of opinion either. You might not like Morley as much as me, that's fine. You might think other wrestlers are better than him, that's fine too. Those are opinions, I'll admit that. Saying the man is not talented or is average is not an opinion. Not to me. To me it's false information. It's bullshit. He obviously has talent. OBVIOUSLY. If you can't see that, quit watching wrestling because you wouldn't know talent it it took you out into the middle of the street and blew your brains out.
Was this a Jingus post from the old board?

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
It was Coffey. That post didn't include any claims of inventing the Money Shot.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I want people like that back so I'm not the only one causing a scene.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Epic Reine said:
I just peeked at Val's Twitter and it's horrible. I'm not gonna link anything but in addition to being transphobic, he's a Sandy Hook and Parkland truther.

I'll link it. It's a doozy.

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995754384674799616
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995745044836462592
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995686416083439616
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995674797718712320
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995450375380520960

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
Epic Reine said:

I'll link it. It's a doozy.

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995754384674799616
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995745044836462592
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995686416083439616
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995674797718712320
https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/995450375380520960
Being Libertarian: Not even once