Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Val

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
1628515218460.jpeg

Has anyone seen this? Val is a guy that was always ragged by the media and people I knew irl didn’t seem to think he was a serious actor but I always thought he was under appreciated. Apparently this doc is really good and an intimate look at his life through old footage and his creative ways of processing it all. It’s on Amazon Prime, I’m definitely gonna check it out.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It's on my watchlist but haven't gotten to it yet. Very intrigued.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Watched this last night. I was aware of Val's condition but had no idea it rendered him unable to speak. It was tough watching him try to blurt sentences out. The comic con scene really resonated with me. Also had no clue he turned down Batman & Robin to do the Saint (which I know I've seen but don't remember). I always read that he just wasn't invited back.

It's worth noting that Richard Stanley, the screenwriter and original director of The Island of Dr. Mureau, had such a negative experience onset of that film dealing with Kilmer (and Brando) that he basically quit the business right after and didn't make another film for over 20 years later.