Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Veggie Burgers/Catch All Vegetarianism/Veganism thread.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Road trip for mountain vacation with a break in Atlanta for the night. There's a place called, "The Slutty Vegan" near our hotel. Check out is 11, they open at noon. Hoping to check it out. Their menu looks like everything I can dream of eating without getting sick. I will literally sit in their parking lot for an hour based off their menu.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to lower my cholesterol a little bit by cutting out saturated fats and picked up the Gardein brand as I continue my exploration of plant-based products: https://www.gardein.com/

Got the Spicy Chik'n Filets, Original Chik'n Strips, and f'sh filets.

I tried Jack & Annie's Breakfast Sausage Patties several weeks ago and they were pretty solid too: https://www.jackandannies.com/our-products/breakfast-sausage-patties/ Trick was to brown them/heat them a little higher and longer.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
We may as well own stock in Gardein, with how much we use it. The strips are used for dinner 3-4 nights a week, the nugs and tenders are favorites for the kids, and the filets are perfect weekend lunch sized.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Gardein Chik’N strips are staple for us, still the best imitation chicken product I’ve experienced.

I’m all the way out on Beyond. Impossible has cleared them by leaps and bounds in that feud.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
We may as well own stock in Gardein, with how much we use it. The strips are used for dinner 3-4 nights a week, the nugs and tenders are favorites for the kids, and the filets are perfect weekend lunch sized.
May have to try out the nuggets and tenders (the 7 grain tenders are appealing too). Haven't tried the f'sh filets yet though.

The Spicy Chik'n Filets was good but at some point, it just became pure heat over taste/flavor. Great for a one-time buy but I'd rather go for the Simulate Nuggets if I wanted that kind of spicy.

But GOD DAMN were the Original Chik'n Strips fucking fantastic. They were like chicken french fries! I ate an entire bag in one go and could've eaten more easily, which is rare for me to admit.

Reactions: Laz

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I had my first Impossible Whopper the other day. I had to check after a few bites because I literally couldn't tell the difference, but about halfway through I felt the texture. Definitely the closest thing to a real burger patty out there.

Simulate is okay. My son and niece go wild for the Dino nugs, and we've found that cooking them a little longer makes all the difference in flavor and texture. They've upped the game within the last year.

HQ, take the Gardein Strips and season them with a little garlic salt and black pepper in the pan, maybe a dash of soy sauce or some Sriracha and a little water. Fucking fantastic.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey Impossible don’t change your branding from light green to bright red!

Stick with what you brought you to the dance, stared at a god damn freezer for more time than I’m comfortable divulging looking for the familiar light green bags I’ve come to expect and you god damn pulled this hoarseshit.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
May have to try out the nuggets and tenders (the 7 grain tenders are appealing too). Haven't tried the f'sh filets yet though.
Picked up the nuggets so looking forward to that. I really enjoyed the f'sh filets, more densely packed although felt a bit on the smaller side (compared to say the Gorton's brand) but virtually identical in flavor IMO. Recommended.