Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Vintage Independent Wrestling Thread: Discuss the Stars of Today Yesterday When They Were Stars of Tomorrow

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Scoot was pretty good. I think he even got a pretty decent tryout on Heat once.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw Spellbinder still doing his schtick at my friend's high school in like 2008. Less than a year prior to that I saw him doing a generic muscle guy gimmick, but he came out to the Numa Numa song.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All time career highlight was when everyone was excited that Scott Steiner might show up at the first TNA PPV then Spellbinder shows up dressed exactly like Big Poppa Pump and everyone boos the shit out of him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Check out THE YET-TAY’s debut. Featuring Big John Studd in a Cosby Sweater with a dad hair cut & glasses, a fluffy haired rookie Triple H warming up in the back., and Bruce Prichard and Pat Patterson (and Louie?) scouting him.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Necro Butcher is still the only independent wrestler to get a shout out at the Academy Awards.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
James Franco was the one who shouted him out so maybe he can float him a loan. Disgraced performers have to look out for one another.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
That kind of shit is why ICW and Progress were able to make such big splashes, because they focused on harnessing and developing local talent.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I always loved reading and following the Super 8 results in the early 2000s especially as EWR was really gaining prominence and spotlighting all these Indy guys.

Look at a 20 year younger Danielson taking on Reckless Youth