Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Virus Help...

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a virus known as the "WinPC Defender" virus on my log in for windows XP. I also believe a poster from here cough*Twisted Intestine*cough sent it to me.

Cowboy #'s has tried to help, but for some reason the program he reccomanded isn't working. Can anyone else help?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
My answer to every major computer problem is to format the harddrive.

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DrVenkman PhD said:
You need to buy a new PC. That's what I did.

I don't think thats an option. Plus I have 2 computers(including the one with the virus) and 3 lap tops.

Plus this computer is perfectly fine with the other log in's aside from mine.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Well, I suggest using something called "Safe Mode" when using a program to remove it. Apparently me not doing this is why my previous PC got destroyed.

EHME

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DrVenkman PhD said:
Well, I suggest using something called "Safe Mode" when using a program to remove it. Apparently me not doing this is why my previous PC got destroyed.

Tried it, it didn't work.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Anytime a white Ontario man is blamed of a hate crime, it is my business.

I don't rememeber what virus I had exactly, but it was the one that kept demanding you do a virus scan or download some patch or something, then causes havoc with your e-mail, then your wallpaper is changed. I removed a lot of it via Norton, but it ended up deleting key operational files and removing my internet connection. The whole thing became unusable - I'm sure it could have been fixed, but it was an excuse to get a better PC so whatever.

Twisted Intestine

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had a virus that kept bringing up popups saying to download some anti-virus program. I got a program called "malaware" or something like that and it took care of it.

griffinmills

I finally changed this.
Reaction score
EHME said:
DrVenkman PhD said:
I am curious about this accusation as well.

Mind your own business.

I recommend removing the accusation from the first post if it's still possible to edit it or you'll probably continue to get inquiries from time to time, it's only a suggestion though. GL with the virus removal, I personally use AVG free and safe mode when needed.

Reaction score

Twisted Intestine

Integral Poster
Reaction score
lol, I really couldn't remember what it was called, and it was on my old computer.

*Gives people viruses and then shady instructions on how to get rid of them*

Thanks though! I'm going to download that now.