Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WandaVision

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
there is so much to talk about from that last episode but omg that ending. "And I killed Sparky too!" can't stop laughing. This show is a delight.
Loved it and the ending. I did
think something was up with the Agnes character considering she was the "best friend neighbor" conveniently involved in situations at just the right times.
but they did a good job with it too.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I think most people saw this coming, and they did the reveal PERFECTLY knowing that. The song was amazing.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t think nearly enough has been discussed about how delightful Kat Dennings has been on this show.

Also the sitcom era specific spoofing has been absurdly on point to the tiniest of details.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah I thought Kat wasnt good in the thor movies but she has been great here. The Sitcom stuff has been perfect. I got all the older ones because I grew up watching Dick Van Dyke and Bewitched but I know a lot of people didn't. The more modern references I think are easier for people to get.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All the little things are what makes this series incredible overall. I'm really glad they are doing these series' to compliment the movies now, as it will give these actors/characters way more screen time to flesh out their characters, especially the minor ones like Darcy. Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany have been ridiculously great, showing their acting chops especially.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was there a specific show they were spoofing for this last one. Maybe MTV reality shows, or mockumentaries like The Office? We quickly realized while dissecting it after the fact that there's this TV void I went into from 1999-2011 (due to work/school/marching band) and I could only name 3 shows I watched in that entire span (House MD, Psych, and South Park). A lot of the thematic stuff was flying over my head like Quicksilver on cocaine. (I was aware of things that existed in pop culture)

I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Finding out Agatha killed the dog made me for real gasp :confused:

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah and Wanda was basically doing a pitch perfect imitation of Julie Bowen.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
Yeah. @SFH that must have been one hell of a void. I've seen like half of an episode of Modern Family ever and I knew it instantly - though in fairness, Mrs. Hoff also did not know.

I'm curious if Agatha Harkness eventually becomes a mentor for Wanda as she apparently does in the comics. I'd put a large bet on Wanda and Agatha ending up working together to stop Hayward from killing them/everyone in Westview, and then Vision, Darcy and Woo teaching her the 'true meaning of Christmas' paving the way for the face turn. Which I don't abjectly hate, but it's so predictable that I kind of hope they say "fuck the comics" and keep her a villain.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a little bit of The Office in there, too, I think. Vision did a bit of a Jim Halpert look into the camera at one point.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was actually more impressed at how they completely nailed the Malcolm in the Middle send off.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
There was a little bit of The Office in there, too, I think. Vision did a bit of a Jim Halpert look into the camera at one point.

the opening credits this week were very office-ish.

From what I’ve seen, it feels like Kathryn Hahn would have fit in just about any era of sitcom tv.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Someone asked how so many people are aware of events that only the Avengers experienced, like how Vision died, and got this as a response:

Luis-Ant-Man-meme.png

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I was actually more impressed at how they completely nailed the Malcolm in the Middle send off.
I noticed this the most as I didn't really watch the other shows referenced ITT.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
no reactions to the finale yet? I know some people are mad because they didn't get whatever insane cameo (reed richards, magneto) they were expecting but I think they delivered a lot here and set up some big possibilities for the next phase.

"A" vision is out there somewhere, billy/tommy will be back. The darkhold is around, Monica is set up for space shit, Wanda is one step from "No More Mutants" mode IMO. Just needs a push.

Dandy

Reaction score
I just finished watching it. I loved the whole show. I was disappointed in

Doctor Strange not showing up, but that is a very minuscule disappointment for me. It is not necessary to set up his movie. I just wanted it.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
when Paul Bettany said he got to share the screen with an amazing actor

was he talking about himself

EDIT: apparently he confirmed that he was trolling on I think GMA this morning? Little scamp

Last edited:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
when Paul Bettany said he got to share the screen with an amazing actor

was he talking about himself

EDIT: apparently he confirmed that he was trolling on I think GMA this morning? Little scamp

Just got done watching and that’s exactly what I was thinking tonight when watching.
I think him and Elizabeth Olsen saying they had a cameo on the same level as the one in The Mandalorian Season Two finale really ended up setting expectations too high for many watching, especially since it was a joke. I think similarly Teyonah Paris teased a payoff to the engineer line. I think if Disney told them to play up things with no true payoff, more harm than just ignoring them.

I really enjoyed this series and will enjoy going back and watching again at some point. I‘m assuming this is a series that is better upon rewatches. As many things I loved, there were some things I was really hoping for and twists I’ve come to expect that didn’t really happen. Everything ended up being very straightforward in the end.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can they be setting up a Civil War type scenario between Wanda and Strange?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Can they be setting up a Civil War type scenario between Wanda and Strange?
I think there is a good possibility of that with the kids‘ voices at the end maybe being Wanda cracking open the Multiverse (for the Multiverse of Madness) or they may be allied if Karl Mordo keeps his promise from the first Dr. Strange film and hunts down all magical beings.

Outside chance we kinda find out what’s next through Loki this summer. If not there, maybe Spider-man since Strange is in that and it seems like the Multiverse concept will be present in early rumors. Black Widow and Eternals this year I believe were both supposed to come out prior to this series before the pandemic and I believe unlikely to tie in. I am also not expecting any tie-in with Shang-Chi.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Here’s one I found interesting. A recent interview with the show runner states they never intended there to be red herrings for Mephisto nor he was ever considered for inclusion as she had no idea of his existence in the Marvel world until she started doing press for the show.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I saw either that same interview or one like it. They also said that they wanted to use Evan Peters as Pietro as a nod to it being her brother but Wanda knowing it wasn't, the same way we would know it wasn't really the same guy, but apparently never considered that fans would go nuts with theories about an X-Men crossover or the multiverse or any of that. Which, I kinda wanna call bullshit on, because if you've met comic fans and/or MCU fans ever, you know they analyze every little thing to death and speculate on *everything*. But that was what they said.

I still think this is BS and it's gonna turn out that Ralph was the guy in witness protection Jimmy was checking on, on account of him traveling through dimensions or some such. If he's not *a* version of Quicksilver I'll be at least a little surprised.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I saw either that same interview or one like it. They also said that they wanted to use Evan Peters as Pietro as a nod to it being her brother but Wanda knowing it wasn't, the same way we would know it wasn't really the same guy, but apparently never considered that fans would go nuts with theories about an X-Men crossover or the multiverse or any of that. Which, I kinda wanna call bullshit on, because if you've met comic fans and/or MCU fans ever, you know they analyze every little thing to death and speculate on *everything*. But that was what they said.

I still think this is BS and it's gonna turn out that Ralph was the guy in witness protection Jimmy was checking on, on account of him traveling through dimensions or some such. If he's not *a* version of Quicksilver I'll be at least a little surprised.
my buddy was telling me the other day he was a bit disappointed if this is it for Peters in the MCU, considering how much of a fan he was of his performance in the Fox series

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
He's 100% a highlight of those movies, and if the MCU can loop him in in a way that makes sense, they're fools not to.

It occurs to me it's been a week. What's the statute of limitations on spoilers around these parts?

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I held off on watching this and just binged the 9 episodes. I may of teared up near the end.