Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WCW Monday Nitro: 2000

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
@Baby Shoes and @The Art of Postin' should know that Lex Luger rocks a sweet San Antonio Spurs baseball jersey at the top of this show. I miss that ‘00s trend of sports jerseys for teams in entirely different sports.

I knew I should have bought a Boston Red Sox football jersey when I had my change.
A couple years ago one of the sports stores was selling baseball jerseys of football players for the team in the same city. So there was like a Tom Brady Red Sox, Larry Fitzgerald Diamondbacks, Aaron Rodgers Brewers and a few others. This very much seems like a collection you need @King Kamala

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scott Steiner sneaks down like a cat burglar and whacks Booker T with a lead pipe to get Kronik the win. Ain’t that some shit?

I used to think Adam Bomb & Crushberte underrated but rewatching those shows. These guys tucking suck.

“IT’s 4:19 AND YOUR MINUTE IS UP!” Has to be up there for most forgettable catchphrase ever.

Kevin Nash and Lex Luger in neck and neck competition for which ‘00 WCW wrestler had a haircut that most looked like one of my aunts haircuts in ‘00.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pre 9/11, inexplicable anti Canada symptom is something else.

Wait a minute why are they doing a USA VS Canada match in London anyway?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Major Gunns betrays bootleg ‘98 DX. And rips off her American flag bikini top to reveal a Maple Leaf flag bikini top. Hell yeah! Sexy t shirt turn!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Kronik were fine as a powerhouse squash team. Anytime they came out and destroyed people was entertaining. They only blew when they worked any team longer than say, 5 minutes, and went full APA.

"Breakin' Necks and Cashin' Checks" is the forgettable Kronik quote you're looking for.

The less said about their WWE "run" the better.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bryan Clarke said “It’s 4:19 and your minute is up!” At the end of the promo.

Undoubtedly best part of this show was Stevie Ray on color commentary. Suckas gots to know.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Stevie still holds up. I love how he kept trying to mess with Tony the entire time and actually got 2000 not giving a fuck Tony Schiavone to laugh a few times.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tony and Mike seemed motivated and they were having fun. Having Straight Shooting Stevie Ray instead of Mark Madden and a sold out crowd instead of 1,500 people probably helped too.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm a defender of both Adams and Clarke but Kronik fucking sucked. Five years too late in the wrong company. Clarke could have legitimately been a big deal, too.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bryan Clarke seemed noticably older and slower from just two years ago when he had that cool winning streak gimmick as Wrath. WCW might of had something, but they just used him as a stepping stone from Nash.

I never was an Adams fan. Crush was cool as a kid, but I don't have the reverence for him a lot of other 90's Wrestling kids had. Crush/Adams after 1995 is up there with 1999 Rick Steiner as one of my least favorite wrestlers.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Count me in on enjoying Clarke as Wrath. The mini-streak should have built to a solid Nitro title defense by Goldberg, at the very least, and he was made to be a goddamn powerhouse in a company that, oddly enough, didn't have many of them.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wasn't a Crush kid, but I was a big Adam Bomb kid. I enjoyed him right from the first time I saw him squash this dumpy jobber wearing Lime Green spandex tights and a white top on Superstars.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Count me in on enjoying Clarke as Wrath. The mini-streak should have built to a solid Nitro title defense by Goldberg, at the very least, and he was made to be a goddamn powerhouse in a company that, oddly enough, didn't have many of them.
WCW had a lot of big hosses but they didn’t really book anyone special except for Goldberg and NASH.

I feel like WWE gets shit on too much for boffing making Big Show the next Andre when WCW really set the template for disappointment.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
A guilty pleasure from latter day WCW was Coach Kevin Nash. Him and the NBT singing "I Want It That Way" in a vignette got a big chuckle out of 14 year old me.