Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

What Are You Playing?

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Right now I'm messing around with a new F1 mod in Motorsport Manager on Steam. It's a resource management sports sim. This new modification is decidedly mean, however.

Oh, and I might play some GTA Online since they have some interesting bonuses this weekend. But the game keeps releasing freemium DLC content that just encourages soulless grinding and/or buying of their overpriced shark cards for in-game purchases.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Finished Horizon. That's a good ass game. Yakuza Kiwami is coming next week so I'm going to chill in No Man's Sky (another pretty good ass game) in the meantime.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I liked Horizon a lot. But when I was near the end I was really ready to wrap up. I left a lot of side missions open and knew I'd never head back to them.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Trying to play Football Manager 2017. Failing spectacularly.

I just don't get this football stuff.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
With Football Manager, the first thing you have to realize is that the AI isn't great on match day and there are certainly exploits to worry about. I don't know what the current exploits are, but checking out some Steam discussion threads are a good start.

Secondly, I'd decide upon a formation early. If you want to attack, think of a 4-3-3 (which is fashionable these days). They do have free tactical guides to check out online, but I'm somewhat removed and don't remember the location of those. But those can give you a guide idea on positional roles. When it comes to the instructions in the tactics, try to keep it simple and not select too many or the squad is going to be confused all season and you'll get fired.

As for transfers and scouting, always start the game with the largest database of players that you can handle. Then you can, once again, go online and find out who the right young players are to sign. As for training and sending people away on loans to get experience, it always feels somewhat random to me.

Also, don't be afraid to start with a powerful club if you haven't.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Until I got my new graphics card, I couldn't run anything major. Just waiting for the install to work here. So I was just working with barebones. It also isn't easy working with these restrictions the game gives on payroll. Stupid payrolls.

So the more instructions you have the worse it is. Ugh, I figured to run more to get more what I wanted. Ugh, I'm just screwing up my team then. Bah. That explains why they don't do well.

As for a formation, I'm thinking a 5-3-2 for defensive, a 4-4-2 for a balanced approach and a 3-4-3 for a more attacking approach. Would I have that right? That would seem like the best basic formations I could run.

BTW, I've noticed that the game seems to shy away from positions like WB, WM, DM, or AM. Seems weird that the game says no one really plays those positions. I would think many people do.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Took me long enough, but I think I finally found a set up that works in this stupid game. And yes, I've been up all night trying to find the right set up for my team in Football Manager 2017. Actually was more up because I have a really bad headache, feels like my head is on fire really. So decided to make the most of it.

Game corrupted my save, but I'm hoping my set up works with whichever team decides to hire me in this new game I've got going. Looking like I might be signed by either Accrington or Worchester. I've run Worchester a few times so I know them pretty well. Accrington would be my first time.

Also, anyone know how much I need to pay attention to my wages budget? I really want to sign my own staff, as the staffs you get to start with suck so badly...

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I was starting to enjoy Hearthstone again until everyone started using the same Druid deck so now I'm relaxing with some Australia in Civilization 6.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I started Witcher3 a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying it a lot. Seems a good deal more difficult than Witcher 2 was. Much harder to level up and it's way easier to wander into fights with opponents that are numerous levels above you.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
I liked Horizon a lot. But when I was near the end I was really ready to wrap up. I left a lot of side missions open and knew I'd never head back to them.

That's how I feel. I spent wayyyy too much time dicking around at first - trying to get all the artifacts and shit. Now I'm level 25 and my main story mission is only 12 - so I think I done goofed. Either way I think I'm going to mainly just work on the story now and try to wrap it up.

The expansion is out now, though, so maybe I will also do that.

Staff member
Reaction score
cobainwasmurdered said:
I started Witcher3 a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying it a lot. Seems a good deal more difficult than Witcher 2 was. Much harder to level up and it's way easier to wander into fights with opponents that are numerous levels above you.

The best game I've ever played and I think I'm going to say by far. Nothing I've played since has been able to hold my attention because of how good it was.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I finished Fractured But Whole and have been playing Dragonball Xenoverse 2 on the Switch. I never finished Xenoverse 1 so I like that I can play through that story as well, but I still suck at the game so I don't know if I'll finish this one either.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I got the Ratchet and Clank remake that came out last year. That game looks really great and brings back memories of me playing the shit out of the first three PS2 ones.

I'm also working through the first three Uncharted games (I'd only played 4) The first is kinda rough but you can see the potential that was there to make a couple good sequels.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I just started playing Danganronpa (the PS4 rerelease) and I'm REALLY liking it. It's 90% a visual novel, but if you enjoy either the Zero Escape or Phoenix Wright series, it's a very good mashup of the two and it's definitely holding my attention so far.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i've seen the animes based on that and i've thought about trying the games at some point because it seems like a fun concept.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From my (small) knowledge, the anime is based on the games, so if you've seen the entirety of the anime, the game might not be of much use to you because you already generally know the way the story goes.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm debating between buying Shadow of War or Wolfenstein II tonight when I go out. I loved the first LOTR game and this one seems like it's more bang for your buck in terms of play length but goddamn does Wolfenstein look like a ton of fun and it's getting stellar reviews.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
For Danganronpa, the anime that calls itself the 3rd is actually the finale of 1 and 2. The Danganronpa 3rd game, is after that. I won't say more to anyone who hasn't played them, as it is a spoiler.

Curry, go with Wolfenstein. Shadow of War isn't as good as Shadow of Mordor. You'll still get your worth though, but it kind of falls short of the Mordor.

Now then, as for games I'm playing: finally got off my arse and decided to try finishing off Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations. I keep forgetting to finish it up, and I'm not exactly sure why. So I'm getting that accomplished.

Still playing Final Fantasy XIV and finally got my main character to 305 ilvl so that I could Rabanastre. Fun dungeon though when you are a lead tank, not so much. Especially not of a group in which they keep f'n wiping and you are doing everything possible. Looks like 4.2 will release with more housing, so if maybe I'll be able to move to Shirogane. The director of FFXIV is also looking into housing in Ishgard and Ala Mihgo. If Ishgard gets housing, I'm moving there instead.

Got back into Star Trek Online and I was dreading that. I changed main characters to my Federation character from the TOS-era and I'm still not caught up on the main storyline. It really starts becoming more of a pure Trek experience the farther you go and it has been fun. Just had the Lukari introduced and they are a nice race who will be one of the factors in the Temporal Accords of the 25th century.

Let's see what else. Oh, right. Think I'll start up a new game of Sun and Moon. Need to get myself ready for USun and UMoon, since I won't be able to get those until next year. Think I'll try putting some thought into my Pokes instead of just going "meh, that'll do".

And I guess I should add I've managed to get myself to Gold Competitive in Rocket League. Not really that big of a deal, but I'm having fun with it still. Though I'm tempted to just only play Competitive because some people really don't know how to play in Casual. :/

That's about all I'm playing right now.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Flik said:
Still playing Final Fantasy XIV and finally got my main character to 305 ilvl so that I could Rabanastre. Fun dungeon though when you are a lead tank, not so much. Especially not of a group in which they keep f'n wiping and you are doing everything possible. Looks like 4.2 will release with more housing, so if maybe I'll be able to move to Shirogane. The director of FFXIV is also looking into housing in Ishgard and Ala Mihgo. If Ishgard gets housing, I'm moving there instead.

I moved servers a few months ago specifically to get a house. Never saw one plot open on Ragnarok, moved to Goblin which at the time had a fuck load available, just no mansions. I wanted the lavender beds, but they only had cottages so I went with the Goblet and got a house and bought my wife the cottage next door. I don't have a great view or anything, but when 4.1 added swimming pools the Goblet one is right in front of my house so that's kind of neat.

Just wait until you get one and you realize how expensive (gil or materials) it is to furnish the fucking things.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Oh, I already know that one. I managed to purchase a house in Goblet, by paying the bare necessities to do it. Bought a cruddy piece of land for like 2.4m (with building supplies).

I pretty much have to start crafting to get things cheaper, because holy crap are those prices outrageous.

And yeah, all the land on all the servers is currently bought up. Hence why they are trying to get more land for everyone. I'm surprised though that they are thinking of adding housing in Ishgard and Ala Mihgo. That might be more of a 5.0 thing than being released in 4.2 or 4.3.

Also thinking that 5.0 will be setting the stage for 6.0 Garlemald, since Rabanastre deals with that. We'll also be on the western side of Ilsabard and dealing with Dalmasca and the like.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just beat Bioshock 2.

Now I'm going to start playing Shadow of War on PS4.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Been playing the crap out of the new Everybody's Golf game, based off the Hot Shots Deluxe engine. Just a blast to play and 'easy' in a sense (Serious Mode definitely changes this though) but I love that the ability to increase club abilities (e.g. distance, touch on the green, etc.) is completely reliant on your ability with the club and the meters in general.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shadow of War so far reminds me exactly of Shadow of Mordor. I am okay with this.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The Long Dark. Makes one full of hate for nature.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I'm play through Rare Replay on the Xbox and the two Killer Instinct arcade games. I liked the KI series and I wanted to play it again for nostalgia.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I beat Xenoverse 2 like 10 levels ago but I still can't beat the Xenoverse 1 missions. I don't think I'm to the last one yet but I can't beat the one where you fight like 6 powered up guys. It's frustrating because I really want to just finish that and move on because I'm done with this game and don't care about the extra ending but I need to finish Xenoverse 1 damnit.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
Been playing the crap out of the new Everybody's Golf game, based off the Hot Shots Deluxe engine. Just a blast to play and 'easy' in a sense (Serious Mode definitely changes this though) but I love that the ability to increase club abilities (e.g. distance, touch on the green, etc.) is completely reliant on your ability with the club and the meters in general.

Picked this up for $20 in a BF sale and I like it so far. It just seems like a happy-ass game

I also got the new Assassin's Creed. It kind of throws you right into things without much background or setup which makes the first hour or so weird. It definitely feels like they played a whole bunch of the Witcher 3 before working on this because it definitely feels like that game.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I got myself a Xbox one s during BF and I downloaded GOTY dragon age inquisition which I originally had on the PS4 before trading it before the dlc. I forgot how vast the game is.