Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

What Are You Playing?

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
That game can be hard without a guide. I'd miss evidence and I couldn't tell when a witness was lying.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
With the guide I still almost miss evidence, they hide that shit

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Pay attention to the background music when investigating; once it fades out you have found everything. Until then, interact with everything that causes the piano sting to play.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New-New-New England Order said:
cobainwasmurdered said:
Got AC Origins because all the versions were 70% and I've only played around with it a little but it seems like the best game they've done in ages. Syndicate was a decent game but I just couldn't really get that into it. I missed the older settings so this is something I really love.

Coincidentally I went back to wrap up AC: Odyssey. The story isn't much, but it and Origins just have great worlds to explore. It's a perfect podcast game for me.

So I'm still slowly plugging away at this. I really really like it but...good lord there is so much to do. Looking at a checklist I have only like 4 main quests left but I have like...45 side quests left and ALL the dlc. I haven't even touched half the map. FUCKING MASSIVE game.

I enjoy the game but I think I sort of started to hit the wall on how big I want my games to be awhile ago.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Got my Kickstarted Shenmue 3 game. It isn't for everyone but I like it. There's a lot mini games to play but in order to move along in the story takes time.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I got about 1/3 of the way through Uncharted 3 and this morning realized I’m just not enjoying the series at all. May see it through, may just stop entirely. I restarted Persona 5. Going to take a run at the platinum trophy.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I like the first two games better. I think I just got sick of the combat in 3.

I bought New Super Mario Bros for the Switch. I'm enjoying it so far but I think it's a short game.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I think that playing them a full generation later (close to 2 with the 5 out in a year) also doesn’t help me on the games. Remastered on not. Just feels old. And yeah, the combat and exploration just hasn’t changed one bit in the series.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I forgot if it was the third or fourth one but I had trouble figuring out the puzzles. I'd stare at the symbols or whatever but I couldn't figure out how to solve it.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The Steam sale is deadly, but it is letting me know just how much the new computer can take (along with the external drive). I shouldn't have sprung for it yet, but Disco Elysium is fucking great so far.

minger80

Fantasy Baseball is life
Reaction score
I have the Gamepass so always have something to play but way behind. Right now playing Dragon Age Origins will probably end up playing Dragon Age 2 as well but heard it's not as good.

minger80

Fantasy Baseball is life
Reaction score
Also have Doom, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Two of the Exodus first person shooters installed as well. I beat the campaign in World War Z as well but might go back and play it some for some of the achievements. Will be playing Darksiders 3 at some point as well. Plus have Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda that I haven't played yet. Yes I have a huge catalog of games to play.

Staff member
Reaction score
Dragon Age 2 is definitely not as good as the first or third one.

minger80

Fantasy Baseball is life
Reaction score
I played some of Inquisition on my PS3 it is pretty good. But might as well play the whole series the story is at least interesting. I still have to play alot of games.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I finally got my first Platinum trophy with Spider Man. Forgot how fun it is just swinging around NYC in that game.

minger80

Fantasy Baseball is life
Reaction score
I prefer a PlayStation over Xbox but was given a old 500 GB xbox one with a lot of games on it already. So took that instead of getting a ps4 even though there are lot of games on that system I like to play.

Staff member
Reaction score
My brother bought Death Stranding for my birthday so I'm gonna be digging into that soon.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
I've played a lot of Tetris 99. I think it's a underrated Switch exclusive.

Tetris 99 is the Battle Royale we didnt know we needed. I find myself playing that and the snes classics more than my switch games.

Ive been replaying Star Wars: KOTOR the past few days. I forgot what an epic RPG Bioware use to be able to do. KOTOR 2 will begin afterwards.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Playing some old stuff. College Hoops 2K8 still rules. I would try and get one of the last NCAA Football games if they weren't like $150 now.

I also found my copy of DJ Hero. That game still holds up too.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Discovered a very rudimentary puzzle game called "Slayaway Camp" that is available on multiple platforms. It's pretty interesting. It's heavily influenced by Friday the 13th but the graphics are blocky and similar to Minecraft.

Slayaway Camp is a killer puzzle game where you control Skullface, a psycho slasher bent on slaughtering camp counselors at the title campground. Slide an adorable voxel murderer around hundreds of isometric puzzle levels to squash, flay, and decapitate hapless victims in this darkly comic homage to 80s horror.

It gets challenging as you go. Great time waster, not a lot of plot depth. Still enjoyable.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
There is a Friday the 13th game made by the same developer and it plays the same way.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/795100/Friday_the_13th_Killer_Puzzle/

There's a Sega sale on the Switch, so bought Sega Ages Sonic 1 and 2 and Virtua Racing. The Sonic's have a few challenge modes in them. Virtua Racing runs at 60 FPS and in widescreen. I am pleased it wasn't just a rom dump.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’ve finished the FT13th version of that game. Looks so much cleaner than the Slayaway version. Barely even touched that one. Even though it’s just more of the same.

Staff member
Reaction score
Finishing up Mafia 3. This game is so repetitive I can't believe I actually convinced myself to finish it. The DLC was much better than the main game.

I'm also playing Super Mario Odyssey (which is obviously fun) and am about to start Life is Strange.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been slowly making my way through Kingdom Hearts 3 for like two months now. I also started playing the new Streets Of Rage 4 on X-Box Game Pass. The graphics might take a bit to get used too, but it's very good and perfectly captures what made the Genesis series so fun.