Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

What Are You Playing?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’m still playing TLOU2. I’m seemingly only getting in 20-40 minutes at a time when I can. Goddamn work.

I’m only about 13 hours in. Only just got past the second flashback.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Been playing in a live stream / live play of DnD 5e recently. Tonight was episode 6 and I almost died to a Bulette in a cave.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I just beat Celeste, because it's still 2018 in my house. If anyone else is still stuck in the past, I'd recommend it highly. I didn't think I would be "good" enough to beat it, on account of my old age, but with a little bit of practice I got it down. It's a blast and it keeps moving the whole way through.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Recently finished up South Park The Fractured But Whole Whole. I liked it well enough, but after words looked it up on the how long to beat website, was shocked to see that it was longer than Stick of Truth. Felt like there was so much less in the game than the first one.

About 5 hours in to assassins creed Valhalla. Liking it. But I feel like I didn’t want a massive sized game at the moment in hindsight

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ive been tryng to find the energy to either go back and finish a game (Witcher 3, Batman Arkham City, etc) or start something new like Shadow of Mordor. Ive finished the main game of AC Odyssey which was fantastic. I have all the dlc and I've dont some of it but there's still SO MUCH left to do. I'ts really exhausting.

Instead I find myself just wasting time playing tablet games on bluestacks instead. I play Marvel Strikeforce and Archer Dangerzone. Total mindless timekillers. I also played Supercard a lot before it got really bloated. I played AC Rebellion for a while which was a lot like Fallout Shelter which I wish there were more games like.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I've had a similar issue trying to go back and play some games I haven't finished like Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I really like the games but I still find myself going back to playing endless games of Battlegrounds in Hearthstone or similar time wasters. I guess I don't want to ruin those games by trying to force myself to play them in any way.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the fact i can sit and watch netflix or chat when im doing these other games is also a factor. im just way lazier gamingwise than i used to be.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I've had a TV next to a computer for as long as I can remember, even when I was 5 years old playing on our 386 and watching TV on little CRT Amstrad monitors. It's hard to give something full attention.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
A friend gave me a Google gift card so I picked up Madden 21 on Stadia because it was on sale, and for me effectively free, and I hadn't played a Madden in forever. And I like it, people hate on EA for rolling out the same game each year and I get it, but for me who hasn't played a Madden since maybe 2010, I like it a lot. I just wish you could do a season without doing the whole Franchise mode.

I'm also surprised at how well Stadia works and I wonder if/when Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will move into cloud-based console gaming.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I finally got Red Dead Redemption 2. PC version. Not a fan of the suffering animal mechanic.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Recently finished Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. It was a slow start for me, but once I was able to get going on it I ended up loving it. Put 101 hours in before calling it quits. Thinking about doing a platinum run, but that game is so goddamn big. Near the end nothing was a challenge though, I was so overpowered

Too many things to talk about with the game, but I enjoyed the bit where you had to fight a priest, because he was bothering the musicians. Fighting a holy man while the guy was singing “smack the bishop” to the tune of “smack my bitch up” killed me.

After that I went through Spider-Man Miles Morales. Great gameplay, but the story was pretty shit. The voice acting didn’t do much for me for the most part, because Miles was just so whiny for most of the game. And his counterpart was just doing an angry yell voice through tons of their part.

Did a quickie second run for the platinum. Wish more of the cinematic stuff was more skippable.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Went on a small splurge with the Japan themed sale on Steam. Bought the first Danganropa game and finally convinced myself to buy Jump Force since it was so cheap.

I was iffy on Jump Force based on some so-so reviews but I've played a few hours of it so for and I like it overall BUT there's a problem with the online service right now and its only working offline. Apparently this is a new problem and only been happening for a few days and should be fixed.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
didn't think i'd get it but I picked up nba 2k21 from epicgames because they have it on sale for free right now. Which is exactly the right price.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anyone here have an Arcade1Up NBA Jam cabinet? I just got one (shout-out Walmart clearance!), and I’m looking for people to play online.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Friend turned me onto Slayaway Camp, it's on a few platforms. I'd been doing pretty well until the last level on the 2nd "movie." The fucking acoustic guitar guy singing while I'm trying to solve the puzzle of steps to get to him. I finally used an in game cheat. "have you tried muting the TV?" was the hint. Mother. Fucker. 2nd hint gave me the step by step moves to get to him and I still had to go to an online walk through that laid out each button I had to press because I was so frazzled.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got Persona 4 Golden from the Steam sale after years of being told how great it was, mostly from KOAB. I've played several hours and I'm digging it. Great soundtrack. I'm not normally a huge fan of the classic RPG where you take turns to attack picking from a variety of skills/items/magic/etc but this is fun so far.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
this was a great game. i got almost everything done in the first playthrough but I messed up a few times so i missed out on some stuff. There are some things you can only do on a New Game+ so eventually I'll go back and do it again because it's definitely worth playing over to complete and get the bonus content. The soundtrack is going to be stuck in my head for awhile.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Playing Horizon Forbidden West right now. Game can be pretty unforgiving early on. Lot of two hit kills from the machines. Game kinda plays off like you should remember all the characters, and everything from that five year old game. I played the first at launch, and didn’t recall many of the storyline beats.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
finished Danganronpa 1 and enjoyed it a lot although not as much as if I hadn't seen the anime years ago and thus spoiled myself (I didn't remember all the details exactly but enough). @Slayer also played the game at the same time and didn't know the story and basically had the same impressions as me. Minigames got boring but the story and characters were really good. I plan to play the other games eventually but not too soon.

Grabbed Dragon Ball Kakarot because it's on sale and put 2 hours in already. Seems really fun and very different than any other Dragon Ball game. You can fish...WITH YOUR TAIL! lots of open world hijinks and tributes to classic filler like Goku and Piccolo learning to drive.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I loved Kakarot. My favourite DBZ game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3. The mix of fighting and just fucking around doing random shit like fishing and driving is a lot of fun and there's a ton of deep cut stuff from throughout the lore. The addon where you play as Gohan and Trunks in the alternate timeline is something I don't think has ever really been done in-depth and was really great.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dragon Ball FighterZ is a really great fighting game. it's a 3 Vs 3 fighter and sort of reminds me of the Marvel Vs Capcom games. I haven't dived into the multiplayer much yet.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Mickey Massuco

you select a team of 3 and you can tag in and out or assist and have to beat all 3 of the other team to win. Apparently it's gotten a lot of love from fight game fans who aren't DBZ people generally.

I like Kakarot better as a game just because I'm more of a single-player guy than a multi-player but the combat in this is excellent and for a arcade/multi this is excellent.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Decided to give COD Warzone 2.0 a chance. I'm glad I did, because the overall improvements make it probably the best BR overall, and the new DMZ mode (which is just Tarkov) is addictive.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Dead Cells, which is awesome. Side-scrolling, fairly retro game along the lines of Hades.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
got persona 5 royal. I think i like P4G more. This is everything P4G was but like 4x more. There are things that are better and things that aren't but I'm at the point where its such a huge time commitment and I'm halfway done at best. Also the music was better in P4 and that was one of the highlights.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Q1 2023: No Man's Sky (VR), Star Wars Squadrons (VR)
Q2 2023: Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Q3 2023: Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, Disney's Illusion Island, Diablo IV
Q4 2023: Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, Diablo IV, Sonic Superstars, Super Mario Wonder, Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Current: Mass Effect Legendary Edition (working on ME3 at the moment), Marvel's Spider-Man (snagged a PS5 from Dave & Busters last week and used that as an excuse to finally play this), Final Fantasy XIV, MLB The Show 23 ($9.99 on a black Friday sale I figured why not. Switch version so I can play on the go), Night Trap 25th Anniversary Edition (no PS+ subscription at the moment made this the only digital item I could play when I got my PS5 so it seemed like a great way to break it in!), Resident Evil 2 (transferred my saves from my PS4 and hoping to finally beat both B play throughs).