Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

What Are You Playing?

TheSSNintendo

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Been playing Octopath Traveler on the Switch. Did a playthrough of Space Quest I (VGA version) the other night.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Smues said:
I've been juggling a bunch of game lately, so the odds I finish everything aren't super high. In addition to my regular Final Fantasy XIV and Dragonrealms playing I just finished Tales of Hearts R, just started Lucky's Tale, just started Bayonetta, re-started Fractured But Whole, just started Lost Sphear, and am a good ways through Super Hot VR. I've got a lot on my plate.

Finished Super Hot VR (holy fuck was it easier when I re-organized my computer room so I had enough room to stand and move) and my play through of Fractured, and actually haven't started anything new thankfully so I'm down to Lucky's Tale, Bayonetta, and Lost Sphear. For now.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Road to wrestlemania mode on wm2000 on my n64 emulator.

I know no mercy is the game everyone loves but damn I love career mode in this.

I do much prefer the career mode in WM 2000 to the No Mercy one.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Thirded. WM2K could go on continuously and gave such gems as Viscera holding the WWF championship and Mideon on an undefeated streak, not to mention random Iron Man matches between Billy Gunn and Ken Shamrock. It was very sports-centric in its presentation compared to the lamer story mode of No Mercy and, were it not for improved gameplay and graphics, would be held in a higher regard than its sequel.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Got e-mail to restart my gamefly for $1 so hopped on it and ended up getting Horizon Zero Dawn and Far Cry 5, working on FC atm

Laz

Reaction score
Destiny 2 has just enough content going for it that, since it's currently free for PS+, I can overlook the poorly written comedy that doesn't need to be there and super repetitive gameplay to just goof off and have fun with a couple friends. Glad I'm giving it a shot, even more glad I didn't pay for it.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Dragon Quest XI. Charming game and it has been quite fun. You will need to get used to the accents though. That was a little different from what I was expecting.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Spider-Man reminds me of the Arkham series. It's a very beautiful game and the characters look realistic.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I never finished LA Noire, so I'm going to do it. Also, there was an indie game called LISA released a few years ago that I'm trying to finish.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Tropico 4. Sometimes you just wanna laugh in the face of reality by being your own dictator.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Onrush is free on PS+ this month so I've been playing that. I like the concept, but I just don't think it controls all that great. It doesn't have that same feeling and tightness that games like Burnout and Forza Horizon have. The game just feels like an inferior imitation with an e-sports hook that is kinda cool.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I owned the Tomb Raider remake that was released a few years ago and I played it for 30 minutes after buying it and it stayed in the backlog. I picked it up yesterday and I really like it. It reminds me a lot of Uncharted.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
With my new tablet I've gotten back into Hearthstone. I forgot how fun that game is. I actually won a few matches, too.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I fired up Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run and I played as the Mariners vs the Pirates. I won the game which was shocking. I also hit a grand slam but Griffey wasn't the one who hit it.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Zero no Kiseki. Now that Trails of Cold Steel III has been announced for the west in Fall 2019, I have to get prepared.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Finished RDR2 recently. Still need to talk about it in the main thread. Was going to go into God of War, but figured I could use a lighter game as a buffer.

So I’m playing Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. So far so good. Fun platform adventure game. Can be a little unforgiving in the beginning with the amount of health you start with vs damage you can take. Wonderboy in monster land for the master system is my favorite game ever. And loved the Wonderboy III remake they did a couple years ago.

Gave up on shadow of the colossus about 6 bosses in. Just can’t care to play anymore.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Tried to fight the urge to buy yet another game but gave in, working on the Resident Evil 2 remake now

Laz

Reaction score
Jumped back into Hawken recently and goddamn am I looking forward to the rumored remake/sequel coming either this year or next. It's such a wonderfully done mech shooter and has some awesome aspects of the gameplay.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I picked up AC: Odyssey when it was really cheap a few weeks back even though I told myself I was done with big open world games for a while after Red Dead. It definitely feels like they saw the positive reaction to Origins (which was really good) and said "Cool, lets make the next one even MORE like a Witcher game and add dialogue choices." Its an Ubisoft game so obviously there is WAY too much to do but, unlike Far Cry 5 (which I also got and fell off of very fast), the setting is interesting and it's fun to explore. They even took a cue from Black Flag and give you a ship and crew (complete with Grecian sea shanties).

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Now that the trade deadline is done and I'm not as sick anymore, think I'll bust out NBA2k19 (got it for cheap, and yes, I still regret it) and start a new franchise mode (because GM mode is dumb). Just debating on if I try raising the Knicks to glory or if I make the Vancouver Ravens.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The RE2 remake is so damn good.. on my third playthrough to get all of the endings.