Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Which Characters Did You Hate as a Kid?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Wishbone's piece of shit owner, who was always an idiot and a prick to his friends.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly as a fat kid, I hated The Goonies and how they treated Chunk. At least The Monster Squad didn't make their fat kid do a humiliating dance that would be used against fat kids across the nation for decades.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really want to do a Night Court rewatch, but it's not streaming anywhere for some reason. When it does, I will watch and report my findings.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
BJ on MASH. Trapper was awesome, BJ was just boring.

Also Donkeylips.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The entire cast of Friends.

The female side of the cast never bothered me (Phoebe can be annoying, but other than Friends and "shivers" the movie Marci X, Lisa Kudrow has been really good in most everything I've seen her in), but the three male actors/characters were always incredibly obnoxious to me and a reason I never tried to watch Friends. Chandler especially.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always thought Ross and Phoebe were the worst characters on Friends. Didn't mind the rest

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Uncle Joey on "Full House" always annoyed me. He's the "comic relief" guy, but Dave Coulier is awful* IMO, and his character was just the worst.

*outside of being the voice of Ronald Reagan on "China, Illinois"

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember hating any characters that I hated as a kid that I wasn't supposed to hate but I do remember being viscerally annoyed watching Melanie Hutsell and her dumb faces on early '90s SNL reruns on Comedy Central and for once, kid me's instincts were spot on.

Uncle Joey on "Full House" always annoyed me. He's the "comic relief" guy, but Dave Coulier is awful* IMO, and his character was just the worst.
I'm going to channel bob_barron again and tell you once again that Joey Gladstone was never referred to as Uncle Joey on the show! It's a Mandela Effect thing!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The last time I watched Full House I was just as unnerved by Danny Tanner as I was Joey Gladstone.

Oh and me being bored and rewatching Saved By The Bell reminds me that I hated Screech as a kid and still do. Nothing is less funny than unfunny physical comedy.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hate is a strong word but even as a kid, I knew Nicky & Alex were a transparent, unsuccessful, boring attempt to replicate the Olsen Twins success on Full House[

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tbf I kind of hated everyone on that show except for Kimmie Gibbler, Aunt Becky, and DJ sometimes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like Uncle Jesse cause I am an even bigger oldies nerd than '90s sitcom nerd. Have mercy!

Fact that he's still playing with The Beach Boys 25 years after the show ended is definitely annoying though.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was a thread similar to this at the old board and someone mentioned the entire cast of Everyone Loves Raymond. Have to agree as pretty much every character on that show is a terrible person that treat each other horribly. Maybe not the little children because they almost never talked. Also maybe Amy who was Brad Garrett's character' wife. And kinda Fred Willard because he's Fred Willard.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I used to like Uncle Jesse as a kid, but rewatching Full House as an adult and he's a very despicable character. He mostly mooches off his wife and rarely tries to find a job.

Oh yeah another group of characters I hated as a kid was Daphne's family on Frasier. Those episodes dragged and were annoying.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The female side of the cast never bothered me (Phoebe can be annoying, but other than Friends and "shivers" the movie Marci X, Lisa Kudrow has been really good in most everything I've seen her in), but the three male actors/characters were always incredibly obnoxious to me and a reason I never tried to watch Friends. Chandler especially.

just a joke about how I hate the show

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I tried it on HBO or Cinemax at some point a few years after it came out. It's horrible and deserving of it's 8% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Just the lamest and easiest jokes and even though it came out in 2003, it feels a decade behind.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
BJ on MASH. Trapper was awesome, BJ was just boring.

Also Donkeylips.

I watch MASH every day. I'm on my 6th or 7th rewatch of the show since I started to subscribe to Hulu. BJ I didn't mind. He was good, especially early on.

The character I hate is Frank Burns. I know we're not supposed to like him, but he's such a despicable character. As much as he's making fun of staunch Republicans, there are still parts of him that can be seen, 10 fold, in today's Republicans, and it's all the things that I despise in Republicans. Charles is such a better, deeper character.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Charles is someone from a completely different show. Sticks out hard, like if you introduced Frasier Crane as the newest inmate on Oz. Frank's absolute hideousness is the only thing that kept Hawkeye going before it turned became insultingly preachy. Part of why I can't stand BJ is that he didn't have the exasperated hatred Trapper did of that ferret faced fuck.

I would've liked BJ way, way more if both Henry and Trapper left pretty much at the same time. Not only easier transition but the potential interaction for even half a season would've been some great TV. But then the Henry Blake era is by far everything the show was supposed to be so