Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Who do you think is the smartest person in professional wrestling?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Discussion in Meltz thread got me thinking. Who is the smartest person in professional wrestling? Is there anyone smart in this godforsaken industry?

You know who might be my weird dark horse pick? John Cena. He seems lowkey smart in intellectual sense and street smart sense. He seems like very shrewd business knowledge, like learning how to speak proficient Mandarin. Only dumb stuff I've heard is him buying 57 suits at a time and letting Ric Flair peer pressure him into breaking straight edge but Naitch could probably talk anyone into cutting loose and I guess a man's got to look to good guest hosting fourth hour of The Today Show.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
As in legit a smart person, or just smart about the business? Brandon Thurston is incredibly smart. He runs Wrestlenomics, and I know Meltzer gets a lot of his numbers info from him.

Raven is a member of Mensa, isn't he?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Overall smarts. About business and in life. Like Raven is intellectual but burned a lot of bridges being an arrogant dipshit

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin Nash

I don't think Nash is like a financial investing wizard or anything but I think he's very savvy about the way finances/business works in general. We all know how he kind of swindled WCW basically but you weren't seeing that from Hogan, Savage, Luger, or others. A lot of his stories/comments remind me of the way most millionaires accumulated and keep their wealth compared to the 'perception' of what a rich person should be like.

My other answer is Vince McMahon. Knock him for his booking, stealing talent, etc. but WWE has basically been the company since the early 1980s and still outlasted WCW when it looked like a certainty that WWF was in dire straits and could fold.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Similarly to Nash, Jeff Jarrett always finds a way to be back in a somewhat prominent position.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Wait, do people booked as one-offs count? Because God got booked, and he's the best promoter ever.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
In terms of getting the maximum amount out of their value: Nash, Lesnar, and Goldberg among others.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Wait, do people booked as one-offs count? Because God got booked, and he's the best promoter ever.
Yeah, but he also gave Rush Limbaugh a push and created HPV, sooooooo...

Real answer: the Rock. Only guy to get out of the business during his prime as a star and become a bigger star than he was while in it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Rock is a great choice. And I wouldn't be surprised if The Rock will be at his wealthiest in a decade or two when he is too old to be a credible full time action star and has to work behind the scenes.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe he meant both the movie AND a separate piece of artwork he has from his friend Steven Soderbergh that share the same anniversary.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Nash must be an Erin Brockovich fan too.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Clique MST3K is potential viral gold.

Reactions: Laz

Valeyard

Reaction score
Current day Hall, Nash, and Waltman chillin' and watching Ready To Rumble would be good stuff.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I want them to be forced to play Nitro or Thunder from the PSX

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
David Otunga is a good choice for this question by the way with his Harvard Law degree.

Also MsChif! "Collins graduated from college as a genetics scientist.[4] Along with her work in professional wrestling as MsChif, she works at a microbiology laboratory.[71] In October 2010 she was featured in the PBS series "The Secret Life of Scientists and Engineers".[5]"