Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestlers and their movies

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Marine 4, as expected, it pretty bad. For all the hype behind Summer Rae's role, she speaks in literally 3 scenes and not until nearly 40 minutes into the movie.

Also:

She's one of the villains, like fifth in command to the head baddie.

Rest of the movie is standard GUNS and BLOOD type scenes with plot connecting the gunfire. It's shot pretty dark, like it's overcast the entire film.

It's better than Pro Wrestlers Vs Zombies.

OG

OG
Reaction score
I keep stumbling onto some of Stone Cold's DTV action movies on late night TV and, I gotta say, they're pretty damn decent. Good old school action and Austin carries them well. Not Oscar winners or anything but, mostly, very watchable.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
CDlS_jqUMAAJ-CQ.jpg:large

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF6xCA4d_3A

Chris Jericho has a buddy cop sitcom show thingy on YouTube.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/EIqBfp2XPTo
Roddy Piper is Oscar Wilde in a docudrama about the history of absinthe that's narrated by Richard Grieco.

Whoever had this idea probably drank too much absinthe.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Coming out next week, we've got Judd Apatow's new movie Trainwreck. I truly, absolutely never ever expected to say the words "costarring John Cena and Tilda Swinton", but this is now the reality of the world we all must live in.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
RVD is in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACedNZ5H1Qc

It airs tonight on SyFy (No I'm not watching it)

sbofn

Integral Poster
Reaction score
12 Rounds and 12 Rounds 2 were (tenuously) linked by the premise of the challenges that the villain subjected the hero to. 12 Rounds 3 refers to the amount of ammo Dean Ambrose has to get through the entire movie.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Dolph has been gone doing a movie as well. Rather than being a comedy because he is pursing that, it is another hostage one where he is a cop and has limited time to get a bomb deactivated that's strapped to a kid or something ridiculous.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Screwing around on Netflix tonight, I noticed a lot of the WWE Studios films are up. Even up to Leprechaun: Origins. So if you want to go through the collection.

I started looking up the list of WWE Studios films, just to see how many I had seen.

Now, I know about Ambrose in 12 Rounds 3, Paige and Miz were filming something this spring, there is going to be one with Edge and Lana and Dolph filming the one in the post above.

One I had not heard of apparently Mark Henry is going to be in an exorcism movie starring Aaron Eckhart and directed by Brad Peyton. It's called Incarnate, Universal is involved and apparently it comes out in Belgium next month.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
Dolph has been gone doing a movie as well. Rather than being a comedy because he is pursing that, it is another hostage one where he is a cop and has limited time to get a bomb deactivated that's strapped to a kid or something ridiculous.

Ray Fitzpatrick (WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler) is a tough as nails narcotics cop working the beat in Los Angeles. After a drug bust goes wrong, Ray is forced to shoot his own partner, leading to his suspension from the police force. Before you know it, Ray is dragged right back into the thick of it when a mysterious package arrives at the station addressed to him.

The package leads Ray and his colleagues to an encrypted website where an unidentified kidnapper broadcasts a threat to Ray and the entire police force. The kidnapper, it turns out, is holding a young boy hostage and unless the police department can come up with a $2 million ransom, he’ll set off a time-bomb strapped to the child’s chest.

The department, led by Lt. Cronin (WWE Superstar Kane) comes up with the payoff and Ray is tasked as the bagman. When the handover goes down, Ray is forced to shoot and kill the kidnapper before he can set off the bomb and kill the child.

With 6 hours and 42 minutes left before the timed explosive detonates, Ray and Internal Affairs agent Isabel Baker (Katharine Isabelle from "See No Evil 2") race against time to find the now deceased kidnapper’s hidden lair and save the child before it’s too late.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I don't know if it is made for TV or DVD but Maryse is filming a movie with Joey Lawrence. It a Navy Seals vs zombies movie.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
She tweeted a picture on set. Guess it isn't on IMDB yet but it is called (as of now) "XP-573".

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That one is listed, but it doesn't say anything about the plot details nor mention Joey Lawrence at all.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
CRkjnTtUYAAsXcv.jpg

That's the set picture of her with Joey. If you Google the name of movie, zombies, navy seals, etc.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It occurred to me that Paul Heyman with Benjamin Franklin type hair would be prefect casting for an L Ron Hubbard biopic. Almost uncanny.

3435a5fec37f7417da88a6cdfebbff8c.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I recorded that newest Christmas movie with Miz and Paige, as it was on USA during WWE Week. I'm usually okay with a certain level of hokey/dumb movies but this one seemed to be even worse than I imagined. The cheesy nature of it played to Miz's strengths. He can be fine in these dumb, hammy roles because that is where his zone is. Paige was okay and I'd be curious to see her in a better movie.

They did find a way to make that blonde be Santa's workout elf and show that body off.

Best part was when the recording ran too long and I missed the end!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Leaving my local theatre tonight and did a double take seeing HBK. Christian WWE Studios movie with Shawn Michaels in supporting role

The_Resurrection_of_Gavin_Stone_film_poster.jpg