Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestlers and their movies

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's a WWE centric episode of the Punky Brewster reboot and D'Von is some kind of liason/adviser and if that's worst case scenario, that's great. HOWEVER, it'd be awesome if WWE Films really is producing the Punky Brewster reboot and we get Ric Flair in the George Gaynes role.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I heard there was a reboot of Punky (which I never saw the old one) but if him being a producer wasn’t weird enough, how much fighting is planned that the article says he is going to be the choreographer?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
So news came out today that an episode of Punky Brewster will feature Alexa Bliss and Charlotte. D’von is choreographing and producing probably for those scenes. This is apparently why Bliss missed RAW this week because they are in California filming.

All makes more sense and is a bit less random now.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Snippet from a Hogan article in the Tampa Tribune in 1989. Oh what could have been!
4803lc1mft761.jpg

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

I saw this movie was on Amazon Prime so I put in on in the background while doing work and sure enough, Big Sexy is in it. His scene is in the first 10 minutes of the film if you don't feel like watching the whole thing.

EDIT - Just finished it. Nash is actually in this film quite a bit. He has a solid supporting role. Probably his meatiest role yet. Movie wasn't very good, though.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Body Slam is really underrated. Dirk Benedict had that perfect smarmy Bischoff thing going, but he was Faceman so it was endearing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Neither of DDP's proposed Netflix series sound v. good. I'm sorry.

Knowing '90s wrestlers bluster though, I'm not sure if he even has a Netflix account let alone is developing series there!

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
This kinda fell off the radar, in that I hadn't seen one report on this on any wrestling sites, but Kevin Nash not only has gone all in on the mainstream recreational marijuana industry (I swear he mentioned at a recent GCW appearance that he's putting out his own strain of "diesel" weed) but he ended up having a small bit role in the new movie, Dog, as a weed farm grower. Only got about 10 minutes of screen time but for what he did, it wasn't terrible. Not the most endearing performance, but most rasslers have done much worse in film.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Wait Ed Farhat Sheik or Skandor Akbar?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have you been to the movies lately? It’s $12-13 during prime time hours (more in big cities) and there are rarely ‘90s wrestling icons hanging out.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Dave's actually got a sense of humor, though. I can see him doing one of those shows where he just sits the whole time, telling dry-witted stories about the insane world he's lived in.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score