Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

stevejrogers

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know Scooter is not looked upon too fondly around these parts but he is due to be a guest on The Place To Be Podcast in the near future.

Speaking of early titans of the IWC, CRZ is also slated to be interviewed on that podcast as well.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CRZ is also going to be running for mayor of Minneapolis - https://www.facebook.com/CRZforMayor

Fun fact - the current mayor is R.T. Rybak.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Downloaded a few Steve Austin Show episodes. 5 minutes in and he's ranting about crack heads in Priuses cutting him off.

I'm gonna like this. He sounds so comfortable.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Carlos Danger said:
Downloaded a few Steve Austin Show episodes. 5 minutes in and he's ranting about crack heads in Priuses cutting him off.

I'm gonna like this. He sounds so comfortable.

Austin talking about a dream he had in which he goes down on a female sasquatch made me laugh so hard.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
Haha yeah, I'm listening to Austin's Samoe Joe episode right now. Surreal hearing Austin saying all of this shit. Going to add his show to the list of podcasts I listen to.

Joe

Active Poster
Reaction score
Since having this new job I've listen to a lot of MLW & Stone Cold's podcasts. The only thing it seems like MLW has went the way of subscription for the old shows.

chuck415

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just as a heads up, The Steve Austin show now has two feeds. ICatcher was only downloading the Thurs hardcore show for me. I had to subscribe to another feed to get the Tues "family-friendly" shows.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Kane was on Ron Paul's youtube videocast

I'm curious about it, but you have to subscribe to Ron Paul's youtube channel to see it. No thanks.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris Jericho has a two part episode on his podcast with bps' 2nd favorite wrestler Chavo Guerrero Jr where Chavo talks publicly for the first time about the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Chris Jericho has a two part episode on his podcast with bps' 2nd favorite wrestler Chavo Guerrero Jr where Chavo talks publicly for the first time about the Chris Benoit triple murder.

sbofn

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Comic podcast Housetoastonish.com did a one-off episode of "Holds to Astonish," mostly about Chikara.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really only like Kevin Kelly as a podcast guest or when he's getting verbally humiliated by The Rock so I think I might enjoy that.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I downloaded the MLW Radio app. Listening to the Bad Influence one.

Yeah, Konnan is a great host. I'm glad he's got this gig.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
Chris Jericho has a two part episode on his podcast with bps' 2nd favorite wrestler Chavo Guerrero Jr where Chavo talks publicly for the first time about the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide.

This is fascinating to listen to. How Chavo didn't go off the deep end himself after all that I'll never know.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KingPK said:
King Kamala said:

This is fascinating to listen to. How Chavo didn't go off the deep end himself after all that I'll never know.
I think Chavo Guerrero Jr is one of the most fascinating figures in pro wrestling history, to be honest. He was a very good wrestler from '98 to '03 or so. Eventually gets saddled with an horribly offensive gimmick by WWE. Then has what essentially is his big brother and one of his best friends die within a year and half of each other. Gets saddled with embarrassing/boring gimmicks for the rest of his career that earn the IWC's scorn.

I never got why people here (by people, I mean bps) vehemently hated Chavo. I don't care how shitty the matches with Hornswoggle or how boring most of his '05 and later matches were, he deserves some modicum of respect for not going postal.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Chavo was one of the best at making his opponents look good. I don't watch the shows anymore but do listen to Austin and Jericho's podcast's. The first dozen minutes or so of Jericho shows are skippable. It was very emotional listening to Chavo talk about losing Eddie and Benoit one after the other.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hate how many commercials are in Jericho's podcast. And it's not just Jericho reading off ads, it's actual commercials!

I don't mind Austin's as much because Austin reading the copy for a Cougar Dating site or consolidating student loans is hilarious.

samoarowe

samoarowe
Reaction score
I'm constantly listening to the PWTorch Livecast and the PWTorch VIP audio shows.

Monday Livecast is Bruce Mitchell and Travis Bryant hosting. They have an okay chemistry, the only problem with this show is that whatever discussion they have is made obsolete by Raw afterwards, so it's something you'd have to listen to live.

Tuesday Livecast is Wade Keller and Jason Powell. This is the must-listen to show of the week, as they have good discussions and get to react to Raw.

Wednesday Livecast is Pat McNeil and special guests. These episodes are usually pretty awkward as McNeil isn't a great interviewer and often seems disinterested.

Thursday Livecast is James Caldwell and usually Greg Parks. They're likable personalities but their analysis tends to be fairly generic.

Friday Livecast is a Wade Keller interview. These are usually great.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
I hate how many commercials are in Jericho's podcast. And it's not just Jericho reading off ads, it's actual commercials!

I don't mind Austin's as much because Austin reading the copy for a Cougar Dating site or consolidating student loans is hilarious.

Both shows are pretty commercial heavy. I just can't stand the dozen minutes or so of Jericho banter at the start of the show when he's talking about tv shows he's watching and giving out just wrong information.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jericho's pretty bad at casual banter. He just can't get out of "rock frontman" or promo mode. I imagine he'd be mildly annoying to talk to if I were sober.

http://www.djcougar.com/podcasts/wrestling/RasslinMania7.mp3
I can't believe I haven't lamely thrown in a plug for the very, irregularly done podast I do with my friends. This is our last episode, the Best of 2013 show from early January. One before that was in like May or June. Yikes.

The Dames

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jericho's "comedy" bit with Oates' Mustache a few weeks ago was some of the worst stuff I've ever heard. If he didn't have some really interesting guests on after that, I probably would have deleted it from my feed.

With that being said, the interviews with Chavo, Edge & Austin were great. The one with Bret was good, but the audio was pretty shitty.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just subscribed to the PBTN podcast. Why are all these things so damn long? They're all two and a half-three hours, which even if it's really, really good is too much of a slog. They have some interesting/unique ideas but cut that shit down...

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
stevejrogers said:
Amy pats fan said:
Kane was on Ron Paul's youtube videocast

I'm curious about it, but you have to subscribe to Ron Paul's youtube channel to see it. No thanks.

Kane...I mean Glenn was on a Libertarian podcast a while back called Lions of Liberty.

http://lionsofliberty.com/podcast/

I wanted to listen to this and the process of downloading it as an MP3 v streaming is totally convoluted and not user friendly, but I figured it out. Interesting looking website though, a lot of those podcast topics interest me

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Both shows are pretty commercial heavy. I just can't stand the dozen minutes or so of Jericho banter at the start of the show when he's talking about tv shows he's watching and giving out just wrong information.
Boy, would you hate The Tony Kornheiser Show...

The only wrestling-related podcasts I listen to on anything resembling a regular basis are Colt's and the WOW one from Ringbelles and, in both cases, only when the guest is someone I've heard of. I really enjoyed Colt's last two (after being really disappointed by the Ambrose one) with Sharpe and Quackenbush. But, I have to say... I respect and admire what Quack is doing with Chikara, but that shit sounds way too avant-garde for me. I can't imagine enjoying a promotion that was running shows like that.