Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Grillin' JR is on Terry Taylor this week.

Conrad says it's one of their most surprisingly requested episodes ever...

Also there's no chance that they address Terry Taylor being one of the most notorious racists behind the scenes (if they do, JR will probably brush it off with a "Well, heh heh. Connie, I guess times were different then)
Yeah. That was a big shrug of a podcast.

Was funny hearing Jim shit talk Chris Adams for being abusive to women, while being best buddies with Steve Austin, and previously having that laugh about Dick Murdoch being a member of the Klan.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Side note: I still occasionally listen to the Masked Man Show (now the Ringer Wrestling Show, I guess?), but I find it a chore more often than not. Shoemaker is constantly fumbling around trying to make his point now, and Kaz just doesn’t do it for me. I liked it a lot better when they had Shoemaker with a rotating cast of guests.

Does anyone else listen to WrestleRoasts? Might be my favorite show at the moment, wrestling or otherwise.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Idk who was asking for a ten hour long STWW compilation about the Life & Times of Bruce Prichard.

The ads have to be out of control on that one. I get the necessary evil of them, but the Conrad stuff is next level for ad placement.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Yeah. That was a big shrug of a podcast.

Was funny hearing Jim shit talk Chris Adams for being abusive to women, while being best buddies with Steve Austin, and previously having that laugh about Dick Murdoch being a member of the Klan.
Johnny Sorrow just had an interesting twist to the KKK story on Mystery Titans Theatre this week. Murdoch's buddy/mentor Killer Karl Kox apparently wasn't racist himself, but did join the KKK for the heat.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@The Art of Postin' ’s new favorite podcast episode ever.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Johnny Sorrow just had an interesting twist to the KKK story on Mystery Titans Theatre this week. Murdoch's buddy/mentor Killer Karl Kox apparently wasn't racist himself, but did join the KKK for the heat.
So wait, you don't actually need to join the military to portray a soldier in wrestling. You can lie about attending college or playing high school football. You can claim you're a Japanese heel when you're from Utah or an evil Nazi when you're from Milwaukee. But joining a clandestine secret racist organization? You've got to make sure there's legitimacy behind it!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm a week behind on JR (actually this is the first one I downloaded in like 5 or 6 weeks) and JR is full RED ASS mode for the Clash: Fall Brawl ep!

He even went after Conrad pretty rough for Thompson pushing back on JR blowing off the importance of Ric Flair leaving with the physical WCW title.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does anybody LIKE the AFS episodes where Conrad and his co-host cover a show from a rival promotion? Somebody must cause they keep doing them but those are always instant skip for me.

I love JR (even in his bitter, grouchy old man form), I love late '90s WCW but I can't imagine him discussing Bash at the Beach '96 being any more interesting than any one of us discussing Bash at the Beach '96 for two hours.

(although if any of you have old school pro wrestling podcasts, please invite me on as a guest to discuss BATB '96 for two hours)

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If it is historically significant I can see it being worth while in some cases. JR was one of the driving forces against WCW at that point, and he took credit in kayfabe for Razor and Diesel leaving the WWF.

Eric's Summer of the NWO rewatch gimmick fell out of steam pretty quick for me. Most weeks they seemed too barely try and sell a reason to download the Nitro ep they rewatched. IIRC this week's hook is Glacier debuting on Pro instead of Nitro. Meh. In 2 months they'll have the 3 mins version on youtube and I can spare myself a lot of time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Attitude Era thread crosspost.

I wonder how quickly @BruiserBrody downloaded and hate listened to the STWW on Greg "The Hammer" Valentine yesterday. I can almost imagine how a tired Conrad & Bruce are going to argue about whether or not Rhythm & Blues was actually not that bad of an idea.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Attitude Era thread crosspost.

I wonder how quickly @BruiserBrody downloaded and hate listened to the STWW on Greg "The Hammer" Valentine yesterday. I can almost imagine how a tired Conrad & Bruce are going to argue about whether or not Rhythm & Blues was actually not that bad of an idea.
That's kind of funny as this AM when I saw that pod dropped I said to myself "I bet Kamala is going to have some sort of wacky take on that pod later...."

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eric Bischoff broke up the 1996 watchalongs finally...with an episode about a 10 year old TNA PPV.

Everyone else: NO! (me: Yes!)

Also considering the last thing he broke up the '96 watchalongs for was the Nitro where KISS played, is he specifically catering to my interests!?

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Corny reviewed NXT again this week. Brian Last forgot to record it. Corny says right off the show was pointless/boring whatever and proceeds to drone on for what had to be 20-30 mins on it anyway. Brian stopped him and screamed "Stop this review! No one cares who these people are!" Corny kept going. I read Twitter instead to find more things to pop Kamala with.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
The more Corny watches current wrestling the less I listen to his stuff.

Love the Q&A format for the Drive Thru but the damn reviews take so long you get like four questions and *maybe* one of them covers something not current. I want all the pre-2001 stuff.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Corny’s typical reviews go something like.

I started watching. Ring intros were taking too long so I fast forwarded. Pressed play right at the finish. They fought to the back. Lazy booking. Next was a woman’s match, so I fast forwarded. *Then calls the wrestlers in the next segment by some nickname he gave them a year ago, so I’m not sure who he’s talking about.* this fuck did something at a mudshow ten years ago that I didn’t like, so I fast forwarded. Brian, did I miss anything?

Last edited:

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They apparently have to go X amount of time to justify all the sponsors, so this has been their filler for years.

Last is bringing back the 605 pod for the first time since April/May of this year. He and his lawyer and going to cover the fallout of Ron Fuller and John Arezzi leaving his podcast empire. I'm not sure anyone cares.
The 605 is great when its just a bunch of random dudes who know old school wrasslin' shooting the shit. I can appreciate that most times more than the obscure interview subjects.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He and his lawyer and going to cover the fallout of Ron Fuller and John Arezzi leaving his podcast empire. I'm not sure anyone cares.
EXCUSE ME, SIR!

Arezzi podcast is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite rasslin podcast and am looking forward to its return later this fall but I could give really two shits about the drama RE: his and Brian Last's fallout. It's weird cause it's the only Brian Last hosted podcast I listened to and he's just a jovial, jocular old school wrestling geek when he's just known elsewhere as Cornette's dickhead crony. Though I mean Cornette still sounds like a friendly excited geek when you get him talking about stuff he likes.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Catching up on some stuff. The JR, and Angle shows covering Unforgiven 01 are something else. They’re really playing up that Kurt winning the title helped heal America after September 11. It’s a mix of cringe, and eye rolling.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Conrad must have read this post because he is doing Halloween Havoc ‘94 tomorrow.
Fresh take on Eric's effusive praise of the Hulkamania brand and his love of Ric Flair the man, who he will gladly have a beer with.

Hitting that D/L button tho.

Fake Edit: Hoping for some CRUSHERFEST hype too

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you enjoy backstage McMahon family stories, the 605pod is interviewing a WWF magazine stooge who was there for several years. The McMahon stuff starts around the 18-20 min mark or so.
- A picture of Macho Man is put on the wall.
Shane notices. Goes up and pokes at it until it falls to the ground. He then stomps it.
- A picture of Vince Sr is on a desk of an office worker.
Shane notices and orders it taken down. Several days later Shane comes back and asks for the pic so he can make copies. It winds up in the WWF opening bumper.
- Vince being a nut in several ways is also covered.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I downloaded Havoc 94 the other day but the 605 and Corny dropping over 8 hours of content on my lap has pushed it back.
How has Conrad still not gotten a better light set up for his video pods??????
Hopefully the rest is better than this clip as Connie seems zonked.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score