Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Royal Rumble '94 was the very first wrestling PPV I ordered (I blackboxed Summerslam '93 so that doesn't count). I went from ordering every single PPV to just the big 4 shows to just Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania 21 was the very last PPV I ordered. By then, streams became more common before the network rolled out.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SummerSlam '94 was first PPV I ordered. I had to see UNDERTAKER VS UNDERTAKER!

Last one I ordered was actually WrestleMania XXX with a bunch of friends. Even though Network started like a month or two before, me and my friends were all paranoid about it shitting the bed during the PPV. Also my friend got hammered on Lime A Ritas and quoted Booker T's Spring Stampede 1997 promo. Which did NOT amuse host, whose neighbors in the duplex were African American. BE A STAR!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
OK I think the intervention threads are justified now cause it is a slow day at work and listening to 83 Weeks on Starrcade ‘99 and REALLY enjoying it.
Eric Bischoff just literally compared Vince Russo’s booking to Nazi war crimes. Conrad had a hard time no selling it.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Business picked up at the end of the pod when Conrad reminded everyone that Flair donned the Black Scorpion outfit back at the hotel as he serviced rats and ribbed Tony Schiavone by showing off his "baby's arm".

JR then says Flair stole the erect penis flashing gimmick from VERNE GAGNE (according to Blackjack Lanza and Heenan)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
134850294_10219585704617553_905465576828624253_n.jpg

(@Baby Shoes contemplates signing up for AdFreeShows for a second before deciding to spend the money on a Phoenix Suns Gorilla Build a Bear)

Last edited:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
134850294_10219585704617553_905465576828624253_n.jpg

(@Baby Shoes contemplates signing up for AdFreeShows for a second before deciding to spend the money on a Phoenix Suns Gorilla Build a Bear)
I really haven’t listened to many of the Conrad shows really since this time last year. I put this episode on while I was trying to work on something this morning and the commercials have gotten even more insane. I think in the first 26 minutes, 16 minutes has to be commercials. Even halfway through talking about WWE meeting with Onita in 2007, they do a commercial before finishing the conversation.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's really irresponsible for Jericho to have guests on like that when he knows wrestling fans are so dumb and gullible. But I guess if 2020 taught us anything, it's that Chris Jericho is also extremely dumb and gullible.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can say Jericho has climbed up the list of my most despised wrestlers or wrestling personalities really quickly. Say what you will about some of the others like Cornette or JR, but they don't do shit like this. I feel like an idiot that I was regularly listening to his podcast for a good 4 or 5 year span.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
This is nothing new. I don't think The Bubble will take any more note than usual. They're still trying to find out what Kevin Greene did when he wasn't wrestling.

Valeyard

Reaction score
At some point AEW needs to step in, though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AJ Styles is a Flat Earther doofus too but WWE would never ever let him talk about it on his own podcast. In fact, as much as I disagree with it and think it's horrible overall, I think that type of scenario is exactly why WWE doesn't wants its stars to have their own independent Twitch streams.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AJ is a piece of shit and just as bad, but he's not as cocky and brazen about it as Jericho in as he's not doing podcasts with Donald Trump Jr. and talking about his support for that family every other day.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He kept his mouth shut when he streamed, oddly enough, and it pissed me off. The only appeal of AJ Styles to me in the last five or so years was him being a hateable twat, not begging for money to pay his boss back. I think the Twitch thing is because people tried working their own angles, really.

I've literally followed AJ Styles his whole career and Jericho is a major face of my favorite time to be a fan. Fuck em. But in this specific case Khan or whoever needs to step in because this shit is dangerous.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I legit think Jericho is too dumb to know better and is gullible enough if not to fully believe this garbage, think it's a legitimate discussion IRT whether its real (which is just as bad) which is exactly why Tony Khan should step up in.

Although I see why Tony doesn't step in because it's a slippery slope. On the other hand, I feel like a LOT if not MOST jobs (including my piddly ant jobs) have rules that prevent you from expressing political views while representing the company.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's a huge deal and if this were anyone else they'd get fired. Khan has to step in on some level. Just on a realistic level, one of your biggest names just died and now you have your most mainstream name saying dangerous, poisonous shit. If they can suspend Sammy for comments he made ten years ago, there is no excuse to just let Jericho do whatever he wants.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Although I see why Tony doesn't step in because it's a slippery slope. On the other hand, I feel like a LOT if not MOST jobs (including my piddly ant jobs) have rules that prevent you from expressing political views while representing the company.
Talk is Jericho predates AEW by years, though, and I somehow doubt that he (Chris Jericho) would have signed with them if there was the option of having his contract terminated for doing the exact thing he was doing prior to signing it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Talk is Jericho predates AEW by years, though, and I somehow doubt that he (Chris Jericho) would have signed with them if there was the option of having his contract terminated for doing the exact thing he was doing prior to signing it.
Yeah but if Jericho keeps saying batshit harmful galaxy brained garbage than I think AEW would have grounds for punishing him.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Yeah but if Jericho keeps saying batshit harmful galaxy brained garbage than I think AEW would have grounds for punishing him.
And then there would be precedent that having opinions contrary to the office would result in punishment regardless of quality of work. Which is one of the reasons people left WWE to come to AEW in the first place.

Plus, where do we draw the line, then? It's a factual statement to point out that only 94% of the population has even come down with it, and it's also a factual statement to point out that only 1-2% of that number has fatal cases of it. It would be one thing if he said that it didn't exist, or advocating actual harm to people, but he's not. Is the line drawn at "I disagree with your take and thus you don't deserve a platform"?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hence why I said it'd be slippery slope punishing him. It's just one of those things though where I feel like it's one of those things where at this point, it's just a matter or time before someone gives him the hint to tone it down or he'll feel emboldened enough to say something stupid enough that does justify him getting canned.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I’d brag about never ordering a WCW PPV but I would have to own up getting like all the 1995 In Your House shows
Hey man nothing wrong with a Sid lumberjack match, or the first PPV when the Bushwhackers popped out of the closet to surprise the kid who won the actual house. I wonder what happened to that house.