Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling audio or podcasts

JAxlMorrison

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I listened to the F4W updates pretty regularly until I got rid of my subscription last month.

Right now it is all about the Colt Cabana Art Of Wrestling show, and the MLW Podcasts.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'll listen to Cabana's show once in awhile but I really gotta set aside time to listen to it. That's pretty much it.

JAxlMorrison

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do alot of walking, so I always need something at the ready to entertain me, plus I can throw headphones on after 5 at work.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Place to Be is pretty entertaining

http://placetobe.podbean.com/

They do year by year recaps of WWF/E PPVS, all of 96 and 97 are in the archives, among other things. They also have Kevin Kelly on a lot talking about various stuff from his time in WWE, and have had a few other guests (a two part interview with Bruno "Harvey Whippleman" Lauer for example)

I listen to MLW, and Cabana depending on the guest.

DDP and RVD have shows on blogtalkradio

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rvdradio

RVD's isn't wrestling focused, but he has various other wrestlers on talking on different topics. He did a show with MVP, Booker T, Sandman and Chuck Zito talking about the American prison system that was pretty cool.

Haven't had the time to check out DDP's yet. Looks like he's had a lot of good guests, but I'm not sure how wrestling heavy it is

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ddpradio

stevejrogers

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://jerryvonkramer.ipage.com/podcast/where-the-big-boys-play/

Where The Big Boys Play are doing what The Place To Be does, but with the JCP/WCW PPV/supercard shows (though unlike TPTB which has a bunch of other things going on, usually weekly headlines shows, NFL talk, special interviews and movies and special event stuff outside their WWF/WWE PPV coverage, they are strictly focused on their topic). They just did their Clash of The Champions 6 show, so they are right in the middle of 1989 Flair-Steamboat and Flair-Funk coverage.

stevejrogers

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://wrestlespective.com/

Fine podcast that looks at random (though they did series going straight through with Wrestlemanias, SummerSlams and Starrcades) PPV Main Events. Mostly though, their early episodes are mostly them trying to find their focus, but the last few years they've hit a stride with looking at the Main Events of cards and now sprinkle in a random topic or two every now and then.

cheex incarnate

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sorry no links, I'm on my phone, but Live Audio Wrestling and Afterbuzz TV Monday Night RAW are both pretty entertaining shows

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
I pretty much gave up watching wrestling in favor of the Live Audio Wrestling podcasts. They review Raw & Impact each week, do a weekly old show on Wednesdays, and the radio show Sunday night goes up Monday morning with a good summary of the previous week (and GREAT reviews of WWE/TNA PPVs, very in-depth), a brief foray into the Dave Meltzer speculation station, along with the radio show staples. A few shows in you'll think Agnew is an asshole for shitting on callers & going on a tirade about it, and then about 20 shows later you realize the callers he's shitting on are complete garbage & that's why the same handful of callers seem to get in every week. They also occasionally get guest interviews. Title Bout Trivia usually entertains me as well.

This review not at all influenced by being one of the four second-place finishers in their Rumble pool & getting a DVD sent to me.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The latest MLW gets really good when Konnan explains what "strawberry" and "peel my potatoes" meant, but it goes into overdrive when they spend a good amount of time discussing whether or not Kevin Nash is a piece of shit (spoiler: he is)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Monsoon Classic said:
I love Konnan's podcasts as much as I hated him in WCW.
Ditto. I could take or leave the other two hosts but I'm surprised how often I find myself agreeing with Konnan. He's incredibly insightful for a guy who constantly sounds like he was just woken up from a nap.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whenever Konnan says "Boom, Iranian tobacco" this is code for "Hey, I just hit the bong" so he's not napping!

JAxlMorrison

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Monsoon Classic said:
I love Konnan's podcasts as much as I hated him in WCW.

Same. His presence kept me from listening, but listening to the Booker's Roundtable with he, Gabe, and Court made me a fan of the show.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess super stoned people sound a lot like people who just woke up from a nap.

And I like that Konnan manages to criticizes NASH in a rational way without sounding like a whiny old geezer like DOINK or Ricky Morton.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
stevejrogers said:
http://wrestlespective.com/

Fine podcast that looks at random (though they did series going straight through with Wrestlemanias, SummerSlams and Starrcades) PPV Main Events. Mostly though, their early episodes are mostly them trying to find their focus, but the last few years they've hit a stride with looking at the Main Events of cards and now sprinkle in a random topic or two every now and then.

I was actually on one of these podcasts. I did so well that I think he trashed the mp3 when he remodeled the site. It was about the mockumentary Kayfabe.

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
King Kamala said:
I could take or leave the other two hosts but I'm surprised how often I find myself agreeing with Konnan. He's incredibly insightful for a guy who constantly sounds like he was just woken up from a nap.

I like Court for the most part, but MSL is pretty unbearable at times. He's awful at segues. Admittedly, Konnan is bad at them too, interrupts a little too much, and repeats stories too often, but at least he's entertaining. MSL is also is a big mark for himself, for someone who has done nothing noteworthy in the "business". Dude has his own messageboard too, with like 5 members. It's hilarious.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MSL sort of reminds me of that guy at TOTSM who bragged about how Honky Tonk Man slept on his couch.

I'm catching up on an older episode where it's just Court and MSL taping live at Downtown Disney and MSL just bragged about ruining the original XWF TV tapings and OWNING David Penzer then proceeded to brag about knowing executives at Disney. What a guy.

JAxlMorrison

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kingo said:
King Kamala said:
I could take or leave the other two hosts but I'm surprised how often I find myself agreeing with Konnan. He's incredibly insightful for a guy who constantly sounds like he was just woken up from a nap.

I like Court for the most part, but MSL is pretty unbearable at times. He's awful at segues. Admittedly, Konnan is bad at them too, interrupts a little too much, and repeats stories too often, but at least he's entertaining. MSL is also is a big mark for himself, for someone who has done nothing noteworthy in the "business". Dude has his own messageboard too, with like 5 members. It's hilarious.

Yeah. What kind of asshole would belong to that....

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
For the MLW listeners, what do you think of the new semi regular Alice? I liked her first guest appearance, but that was pretty much it. Good radio voice, but she's kind of annoying.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I was going to post this in the X-Pac disaster thread but it felt wrong to post it there

Scott Hall did a 4+ hour talk with Wade Keller. He says he's been sober for 60 days living in DDP's yoga commune, and he sounded really good. Upbeat, positive, it's a really good listen. Waltman calls in and hangs around for a lot of the talk, they take calls from listeners, answer e-mails, Hall has lots of good thoughts and ideas re: wrestling, it's p cool. He really seems to be doing ok for now, and it's nice to hear compared to the horror stories of recent years about how fucked up he's been. Hopefully he's turned a corner.

Kingo said:
For the MLW listeners, what do you think of the new semi regular Alice? I liked her first guest appearance, but that was pretty much it. Good radio voice, but she's kind of annoying.

She's ok. Chimed in and out on the Jericho ones. Didn't add much, but didn't hurt them either