Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling Games 2014-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally beating that cheating bastard Undertaker! I used Michaels and beat on him outside the ring for awhile. Then, I knocked him out inside the ring with the bell and put the Sharpshooter on him to make him tap. Only got to 30 on defend mode (Steiner came in and kicked my ass), but I just wanted to unlock Slobber-Knocker mode.

I loved Wrestlemania mode, thought the presentation was really well done. I had a problem finishing that Orton/HHH/Cena match though. I finally ended up knocking them both out with a chair at the same time before using the punt.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Re: Wrestling Games 2014

I didn't realize Virgil is coming as DLC...

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWzUZgZHPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUgcvr91s8

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Makes me hope against hope they put Ultimate Warrior up for a dollar like they did with Tyson. Otherwise those tights seem really damn pointless to those who didn't preorder the game.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score

I'm certain they will along with the American Badass Undertaker who was only available if you bought the Phenom Edition.

Even so, I'm going to have to see if I can edit Rude's tights to make them just pink since they look pretty silly if you're not wrestling the Warrior. I was able to black out the nWo shirts on the Giant & Hennig so I figure it's possible.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score

I was surprised to see they used Slater as Bruno's punching bag. I wonder if someone from WWE went to 2K and was like, "Hey, don't you read the dirtsheets? Heath has family issues right now, use Jinder!".

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

It is a sign of respect for Slater that he is used for a LEGEND like Bruno. Jinder gets fed to Virgil and Rude.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Venkman said:
I was surprised to see they used Slater as Bruno's punching bag. I wonder if someone from WWE went to 2K and was like, "Hey, don't you read the dirtsheets? Heath has family issues right now, use Jinder!".
Watching that clip makes me wish they'd revive the Heath Slater badmouths legends gimmick to reenact that clip IRL. Even at almost eighty years old, I think Sammartino's capable of throwing some good worked punches and putting the 3MB frontman in a backbreaker.

Danville_Wrestling

Danville_Wrestling
Reaction score

It's funny to read the comments on Bruno's character on YouTube, since lots of people are like "Thanks 2K for giving me a new jobber for Universe Mode!"

I'm surprised that they gave Bruno entrance music.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score

It's his HOF music, which for all intents and purposes would be his WWE theme for any appearance he makes.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Nice, this is the add-on with all of the other Superstar Heads. Time to create Suit and Tie Kane!

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score

That reminds me. I don't have WWE 14, my friend Will does, and he can't find where to go to access Superstar Heads. What is it under?

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I think it's under heads, it was pretty easy to find. Preset or something, it didn't take much to locate.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Ok guys, let me ask one final time so I don't screw this up.

I download the wrestlers and then after they are downloaded, I quit the game right? I don't let it go back to the main menu, I shut the game down from the online area after everyone is downloaded. Is that correct?

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score

As his attire in the DLC preview suggested, it's WrestleMania VIII Jake with his heel music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebRknYoe9eY

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm glad for that, personally. Love that entrance music!

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm really looking forward to having all three of these guys and the Warrior if they ever put him up for sale. My WCW will rise to great heights with these attentions.

Jake Roberts vs Raven in a hardcore finisher match, here we come!

Danville_Wrestling

Danville_Wrestling
Reaction score

I don't really care for the flippy-floppy sell of the DDT. Does anyone know if Jake puts the snake on his opponents in a cut scene after the match, like DiBiase stuffs money into someone's mouth after he wins?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

2GOLD said:
I'm really looking forward to having all three of these guys and the Warrior if they ever put him up for sale. My WCW will rise to great heights with these attentions.
I think in past years, exclusives like Bret & Austin were sold after the end of January.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I wish they had the '96 Preacher Jake Roberts attire with the vest as an alternative, but thats probably asking too much.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score

Virgil is also now available on PS3 but no sign of the Legends pack.

Danville_Wrestling

Danville_Wrestling
Reaction score

Monsoon Classic said:
Virgil is also now available on PS3 but no sign of the Legends pack.

Virgil should have a post-match cut scene where he celebrates and then gets a table out from underneath the ring and sets up an autograph stand.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score

2GOLD said:

Warrior is out. $1.99.

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score

Is there anyway to erase Rude's tight design so he's just wearing the pink design without the Warrior on his ass?

I went into Superstar Threads to pink out as much as I could but the outlines are still there.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

If you can't do it in Threads, then you can't do it at all. :(

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Kahran Ramsus said:
2GOLD said:

Warrior is out. $1.99.

YES! Time to go online and do some downloading!

Status
Not open for further replies.