Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling Games 2014-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently the controls are more sim like than in previous years. From what I've read, Universe mode is leagues better than it was last year as well.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
SqtLJ3F.gif

lge0Me3.gif

LOL
I think that second gif is from an older game, no? No JBL at the tables makes me think that, anyway..

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Empty Fossil of the New Scene said:
Apparently the controls are more sim like than in previous years. From what I've read, Universe mode is leagues better than it was last year as well.

Universe mode *seems* better, but they use the (now outdated) show intros to try and mask load times, but since the load times are so long the intros normally wind up playing 2 1/2 times before advancing, and then when you select someone to use in a match/promo, the long load times make you just sit there on the person you selected for a good 15-20 seconds before it acknowledges your choice so that it can then begin the actual segment itself. It's TERRIBLE.

Full Disclosure, I'm still downloading that giant 11gb patch, so maybe that will make the load times better.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Curious but is 2k17 going to be released on PC? Out of luck otherwise, as I'd like to play a wrestling game again.

cheex incarnate

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've only messed around with the game a little bit so far. Is there the VC store in the PS3 version? I really hope I don't need to do all those achievements to get the unlockables

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Toyed around with the game last night for about an hour. Presentation is pretty great this year. The game plays relatively the same but I felt like the matches definitely had more of a flow to them this year as opposed to the arcadey feel of "spam your moves in as fast as you can" for previous years.

Gonna set up Universe soon and see about streaming some stuff..

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
That CM Punk reference means that the door with WWE is still open. No way in hell do they mention it in a game he's not in otherwise.

Also, WTF. It still isn't on Steam? Why not?! I want to try purchasing it. When I get my money of course.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Flik said:
That CM Punk reference means that the door with WWE is still open. No way in hell do they mention it in a game he's not in otherwise.
It's really not. It's leftover commentary from either the year before, or two years before + lazy QA testing at 2K.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I played a bit of Smackdown vs Raw 2010 the other day, and it's amazing how much old commentary from that game is still being used in these games.

Captain of Outer Space

reaching for the sky just to surrender
Reaction score
I've turned off every track curated by Diddy except "Paranoid." Is that "THIS IS HELL THIS IS HELL I AM LITERALLY IN HELL" song supposed to be a joke song? Because they nailed the "Jonathan Coulton fronting Nickelback" sound down perfectly.

BigD

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Started playing this last night. Last wrrstling game I've owned was HCTP though I played matches on 2k16 at my friends. I'm enjoying it... updating my move set a little at a time as I don't have the patience to do it all at once. On the winning end of a feud with Finn Balor in NXT while losing a string of 4 star classivs to Zack Ryder on main event. It seems like wins/losses don't matter as much as match ratings? Not really a fan of the promo system but whatever.

BigD

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
So it feels like theres no story lines and Im just having match after match slowly climbing the ranks with a few short rivalries thrown in. Is this what wrestling games have come to?

Status
Not open for further replies.