Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling Games 2017-19, 2020 and beyond!

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: Wrestling Games 2017/18

Man they really butchered Cole's face.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

no fact said:
lmao Lana keeping it authentic for the gamers

E5_B0_F331_5251_424_F_B655_5_C542399_F942.png

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

KingPK said:
https://youtu.be/BjjXWlk-FZw

Does 2K even watch WWE? Gigantic fail. At least they got the "BOOM" right but I can see that as lucky sync with the music.

Well they couldn’t have Kyle play the belt all the way to the ring because if he isn’t a champion his entrance wouldn’t be right.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Sabre said:
KingPK said:

Does 2K even watch WWE? Gigantic fail. At least they got the "BOOM" right but I can see that as lucky sync with the music.

Well they couldn’t have Kyle play the belt all the way to the ring because if he isn’t a champion his entrance wouldn’t be right.
Nah, these games always give you the option to set a normal entrance and a championship entrance.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

no fact said:
Sabre said:
KingPK said:

Nah, these games always give you the option to set a normal entrance and a championship entrance.

Not for stables. It’s always for singles entrances.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

It seems like the full on-disc roster has been announced and there are a few noticeable omissions on the NXT roster for 2K19 as it appears despite their presence last year there is no Ciampa or Nikki Cross.

Now, they may just update the Ciampa model and throw him in the DLC they've yet to announce, Nikki doesn't need much of an update that I am aware of.

I put in a pre-order today while I still had an active discount with Best Buy. I was going to splurge and do the WOOOO! edition when I saw the Xbox One, which I stick with, was up on Best Buy instead of Coming Soon - but it didn't let me finalize checkout. Probably not worth all the extra money anyway as I barely have played the game following release the past few years.

My guess is I open it up, load it, get really excited to play as people who haven't officially been in the game before like Velveteen Dream and Tyler Bate, maybe a match as Tatanka, then get bored.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score

Baby Shoes said:
I will have to find the side by side but with how bad the character model for Tyler Bate is in 2k19, someone showed a CAW from 2k18 that was almost perfect. I am excited to have a deep roster but it is sad how a CAW can look better than what the developers actually scanning and working with the real people are doing. And I'm not typically a graphics snob.

I'm not a snob for them either but I will always laugh at the comparisons of Booker T and Kurt Angle from the TNA game compared to their WWE versions.

tumblr_mc0bl5SqQF1qlhou3o1_500.png

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Oh yeah, that one was ridiculous. I liked that TNA game better than most. But that game was 2008 and a generation ago and looks better than what 2K is pumping out a decade later with better tech.

The Tyler Bate comparison between the real model and the CAW really bothers me though. Like they have everything in there for some schmuck on a couch to do better work than their developers over the past year. But back to the Lana thing, they took something she was photoshopped in for some website graphic. Not that I expect these guys to start watching the product for their job but their is something to be said about a lack of care/familiarity.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Like, how can you leave out Ciampa and Cross and Kendrick? It will be a huge kick in the nuts to their customers if those three are DLC seeing as they were all in the base game last year.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

As much as I like Kendrick, I can get him being out seeing he is on the D-show and missed significant time this year. But it’s still weird. Can’t think of any valid reason on the other two.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score

Not playing the game anyway because I hate the gameplay itself, but how the FUCK do you not have one half of the entire company's hottest program over the last two years in the base game?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

They'll have some bullahit excuse like he was injured or something but yet they always include other injured folks. Just another excuse to grift more money out of people when he's dlc.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Also, wtf did I just watch...

https://youtu.be/3L1Zmmbou3s

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

DLC revealed and no Ciampa, Cross, Kendrick, Seven or Murphy. Some really glaring and ridiculous omissions.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score

Mike fucking Bennett getting into 2K19 and not NXT Champion Tommaso fucking Ciampa kinda summarizes modern pro wrestling for me.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I was already not going to buy it due to barely playing the last 2 that I’ve bought, but that would probably be enough to put me off buying it if I had planned to. That’s a horrifically bad omission.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

The other big omission from DLC that people will get less passionate about, just that he's been in so long is Mark Henry.

Last time Mark was not in a game was Smackdown vs. RAW 2006.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Hey, did you say you wanted to exchange your ability to create your own character in MyCareer for full voiceover? Well, wish granted.. say hello to "Buzz"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81EVlR5Fh5I

They should've named him #SMH.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U4Jc7chEm8

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I do appreciate how it seems like they decided to just get weird with it this year, but the only enjoyment I've gotten out of the game lately is laughing at the shitty bugs.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

So, in 2K19's My Career mode, you can still create your entire character - the only thing you're stuck with is a single voice (and tbh, the VO they got for it is pretty good - he's the dude who won the Rock's promo competition) and the nickname "Buzz" - outside of that there are times when it veers off into what seems like a giant blowjob for Triple H (shock), and it presents this bizarre blur between shoot and kayfabe that is just confusing at times, but all in all it's probably the best "story mode" they've done for these games.

Everything else in this game is still pretty much a mess. Bugs that have been in the game for the past 3-4 years are still there. I wonder if they even have a QA department on hand at 2K...?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

25% off on Fire Pro for PS4

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/1050802095270453248

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

no fact said:
So, in 2K19's My Career mode, you can still create your entire character - the only thing you're stuck with is a single voice (and tbh, the VO they got for it is pretty good - he's the dude who won the Rock's promo competition) and the nickname "Buzz" - outside of that there are times when it veers off into what seems like a giant blowjob for Triple H (shock), and it presents this bizarre blur between shoot and kayfabe that is just confusing at times, but all in all it's probably the best "story mode" they've done for these games.

Everything else in this game is still pretty much a mess. Bugs that have been in the game for the past 3-4 years are still there. I wonder if they even have a QA department on hand at 2K...?

The tough enough guy?