Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling Games 2017-19, 2020 and beyond!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Re: Wrestling Games 2017/18

Yep. He was on Tough Enough and is also the voice of Hoodslam.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: Wrestling Games 2017 ~ 19

lmao I got sent a free download code for 2K19. Even when I don't want to buy these anymore they still manage to pull me back in.

Anyway, I was thinking I may as well do something fun with it. I tried a bunch of times to run my "own" promotion, but it's just not fun and I get bored super fast. Who's in for a CPU simmed fantasy efed? Figure we can either draft existing wrestlers or go all out and create our own characters and see who comes out on top.

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score

I hope they'll add the Community Creations feature so I can make the Hart Foundation, once again.

(Hitman, Owen, Bulldog, & Anvil)

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score

I'm not saying that it's been removed. I'm just hoping that they'll keeping the tradition of continuing that feature.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Downloaded a community creation of a certain commander in chief. Been using it as my jobber to try out stuff with my CAW.

My inability to master the kick out system is driving me bananas. I haven't played a WWE game since WWE 2012

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Yeah the kickout meter can be pretty unforgiving.. I think you can adjust the window in the options though.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Thanks man. I'll check tonight.

I'm really excited to feel competent playing it so I can start career mode. Always been my favorite part of these games since N64. I usually set up a two player mode and set up a tackling dummy to practice. But since I Madden rage broke my 2nd controller I'm having to instead set up two on one handicapped matches to practice against CPU opponents. I figured out I can set 3 immediate finishers to quickly wear them down but my partner is always going for the win. Also, it blows up in my face when the AI also equally has 3 finishers and lays me out King Kong Bundy > SD Jones style.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score

I was playing WWE 2K18 as the Big Bossman vs Mr Perfect. I countered Perfect's signature move and hit the Bossman Slam for the pin. That's probably the best thing I've had happen in the game.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score

Answered previously, I'm sure, but is the PC port ever worth investigating? I love Fire Pro, but debating an alternative that already has a playable Vader.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Last I checked they were alright. The modding aspect is good however as you can mod the game with updated music and even go as far as use for example cm punk from 2k15 and patch it into this years effort.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Sabre said:
2k19s career mode was a lot of fun but short as hell.

I actually really enjoyed the majority of 2K19's career mode as well, because they just said fuck it and went full on stupid with it. I hated the ending though

What the fuck is the point of doing a match where the focus is on a heel guest ref if your engine doesn't know how to make a ref biased?

Master Thrasher

Reaction score

fazzle said:
Sabre said:
2k19s career mode was a lot of fun but short as hell.

I actually really enjoyed the majority of 2K19's career mode as well, because they just said fuck it and went full on stupid with it. I hated the ending though

What the fuck is the point of doing a match where the focus is on a heel guest ref if your engine doesn't know how to make a ref biased?

That kind of reminds me of Wrestlemania XIX when you face Mr. McMahon in the last chapter. He's so hard to defeat and I was about to lose when Vince got himself DQ'ed for using a chair against me. Vince didn't know the rules.

Laz

Reaction score

...that might actually get me to buy it.

Valeyard

Reaction score

That makes me happy. I play 2016 idly a lot, but if they're just redoing everything from the ground up, I'm in. It'll be waiting the couple months after release for all the bug fixes and mods that'll be the hardest.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

They need to port that shit to consoles.

Also - FPWs promoter dlc is pretty fun.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

The Valeyard said:
That makes me happy. I play 2016 idly a lot, but if they're just redoing everything from the ground up, I'm in. It'll be waiting the couple months after release for all the bug fixes and mods that'll be the hardest.
Yeah, I do the same, but having the game built from the ground up is probably why it took so long from 2016 to have a new game. After all, scrapping the old engine and building a new one takes a year or two at least. Then comes the building of everything else.

BTW, since things can be imported into 2020 from 2016 still, the mods might not take as long as you would think.

Also think they need to get at least onto Steam, perhaps Switch. Gods if it was on Switch, I'd play it everyday.

Valeyard

Reaction score

Yeah the eLicense bullshit is the worst way to sell that game. I know they put one of the older ones on Steam, but for some reason aren't putting the new ones on there. Steam or GOG would be really nice and much more convenient.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

https://twitter.com/BlueMeanieBWO/status/1114923112825524225

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Above project is coming along nicely:

https://twitter.com/RetrosoftStudio/status/1120065806967214081

Master Thrasher

Reaction score

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/wwe-2k-studio-creating-rival-wrestling-game/
If whatever they create is like the Gamecube games, I'm in.

Laz

Reaction score

I'd accept that, actually. They were pale amalgams of the N64 and PS2 titles, sure, but still way ahead of anything we've had since...what? '08?