Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Wrestling References in Unexpected Places

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/TheKevinFertig/status/1256955693682360320
Mordecai is now a real estate agent and is going to have a show on HGTV.

OK then.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I still want a Vespa. Don't even care.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Few years old but this just popped up on my Twitter feed. I knew Kane was a wacky libertarian but not InfoWars wacky!

Alex Jones could probably cut a better promo than 99.9% of current WWE roster.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
This is sort of the inverse of the thread topic, but:

I was not expecting to find out that the Kings' first-round draft pick is a fan of The Bump. I didn't realize people actually watch it like that; I tried to watch two episodes, during my free trial, and could barely get through them.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like we should shut down this thread after that Young Rock float showed up in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Got a text from my mom with a picture of a children's book about a cartoon monster truck, asking if I had bought it for my 2 year old nephew. I was like "This seems random. I thought his birthday was in the summer." then I recognized the author was JOHN CENA and apparently, it's a whole series. Good for him.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Got a text from my mom with a picture of a children's book about a cartoon monster truck, asking if I had bought it for my 2 year old nephew. I was like "This seems random. I thought his birthday was in the summer." then I recognized the author was JOHN CENA and apparently, it's a whole series. Good for him.
I actually stumbled upon this last year when I saw Barnes and Noble had autographed copies of one of them. So I own that.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Matthew McConaughey was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live within the past week. He was really only promoting his Doritos 3D (paging @King Kamala) commercial for the Super Bowl that also features Kimmel.

They did bring up and show the random WWE Thunderdome appearance that Matthew made a few months back. Kimmel made fun of Drew McIntyre‘s name saying it sounded more like a New Kid on the Block than a wrestler but he also asked who McConaughey’s favorite wrestler is and he picked HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN (paging @The Art of Postin' )

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
My guess is "Probably not" and "Maybe but only real similarity is racism and their willingness to take our aged athletes!"
I mean, we already know that Florida is where we ship out the NEW ENGLAND MEN that we don't want to deal with anymore, so that last part makes sense

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Topanga is (or was in pre pandemic times) a regular at PWG shows. IIRC, she's married to former white rapper and lifelong wrestling fan (and short lived, mid '00s WWE writer) Jensen Karp

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
randmid_1310163142_dalypants.jpg

That's John Daly in Rick Rude's pants, right?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had watched AP Bio the two seasons it aired on NBC. Getting set up on Peacock for the rasslin, I had forgotten they did a third season for Peacock. Been watching those as my filler show when I‘m looking for something quick this week. Tonight, an episode with a wrestling scene came on and it featured both Lillian Garcia and Damien Sandow.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
How come they made Yano handsome and left Tenzan's square head in tact?