Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Fall 2021: Best in the World at What We Do (Creating Content)

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
give us back SUPERSTARS or CHALLENGE and air that on Sunday afternoons on Fox, BIG BOOM.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
WWE is like Jay Leno. I have no idea why it appeals to people. But, it does.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think they're similar in that they're both safe, unchallenging entertainment that can generally be enjoyed by the entire family.

Honestly, I think main reason that WWE brass doesn't seem to be publicly sweating AEW tooooo much is it does seem targeted mostly to 18-49 year old dudes. If AEW started making inroads with kids, I'd think Vince and Nick Khan would start sweating.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
As a corporate entity, WWE can just cut costs, sit back and wait for AEW fever to die down. They're well positioned for that. The only issue they have is Vince is unlikely to still be running the ship in five years.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only issue they have is Vince is unlikely to still be running the ship in five years.
I'll be shocked if NBCUniversal, FOX or Live Nation (or total wildcard...Endeavor/UFC) doesn't buy WWE within a year or two of Vince stepping down or dying.

Everyone always says the goal is for Disney to buy WWE and I'm sure the McMahons would love that but for some reason, I just don't see Disney having an interest in something as unsavory as the wrestling business*.

*I'm sure someone will point out some unsavory dealings Disney is involved in that make Vince McMahon look like Dr. Bronner.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Something tells me Akira Tozawa and Xia Li aren’t long for the company (is AT still employed?) Also, they dropped the ball when it comes to Teagan

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Does Drake take another pay cut to stay? He's gonna end up at like 20K a year.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Drake's gold. He needs to get snapped up.

I want AEW to have Taya but don't want them to have Morrison, and they're likely a package so fuck. They desperately need Tegan.

Piece of shit Ryker better drop off the face of the earth but 100% Impact.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
ALL of Hit Row? Weren't there just reports of Top Dolla being groomed for a top spot? I guess that sneakers tweet didn't age well.

Morrison and Taya go back to Impact for sure. Spud is going back too.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I have zero desire to see Hit Row in AEW, but that sneaker tweet may actually help them (depending on The Bucks mood/feelings).

Looks like (at least initially) they will try and go somewhere as a faction. Maybe Impact or MLW if they want to all be together?

Last edited:

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not that there is ever a good time to release a bunch of talent, but doing as you’re in the middle of a weeklong media blitz to hype a PPV is certainly odd.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
So, it seems like the hot rumor is that they called Hit Row up to the main roster, just to trigger the 90-day no-compete, versus the 30-day no-compete they had, as NXT talent... I never saw myself going cold turkey on WWE, but if it comes out that that was really the motivation behind the timing of this release, that might about do it.

Staff member
Reaction score
So, it seems like the hot rumor is that they called Hit Row up to the main roster, just to trigger the 90-day no-compete, versus the 30-day no-compete they had, as NXT talent... I never saw myself going cold turkey on WWE, but if it comes out that that was really the motivation behind the timing of this release, that might about do it.

That doesn't even rate on their malicious scale, so I'm sure it wasn't a non-factor. Like I can't say with certainty they did it, but with all the other malicious shit they've done? It sounds like something they'd do. They lied to Zelina Vega to get her to re-sign, and told her she could work with her husband, then immediately released her husband. They didn't pay Keith Lee's medical bills. It definitely isn't beyond them.

Last edited:

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I hope they release all the Aussies at this rate, just so I can watch them somewhere decent.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Very curious where everyone ends up in a few months. Not just from today's cuts but the ones from a few weeks ago as well. Wrestling is going to have a lot of great content in early 2022.

Dandy

Reaction score
Top Dolla had another tweet mishap a few days ago too. He tweeted a rap about Jinder and Shanky and he had mentions of curry and rupees in it. Twitter had a huge backlash against it saying he was making fun of their Indian heritage. I didn’t watch the video as it was saved and shared before he deleted it, but that seems pretty damned tame even for 2021.

It was, however, a thing that happened.