Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Fall 2021: Best in the World at What We Do (Creating Content)

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, a few months after making a last-minute announcement that a third of the SmackDown scheduled here in Cleveland was actually going to be a simulcast from that music festival in Miami, a December SmackDown has now been yanked and replaced with a Monday Night Raw in March because WWE is trying to appease Fox with a SD in its headquarters city of Los Angeles.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Looks like Ted and his son owe Mississippi quite a bit of money.

It's too bad Brett Favre stuck with that whole football thing. He could've fit right in with the Million Dollar Corporation.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought tickets to the Royal Rumble. I didn't really enjoy the last WWE show I went to (RAW the other week), but PPVs are always better and it's the Rumble.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
So, a few months after making a last-minute announcement that a third of the SmackDown scheduled here in Cleveland was actually going to be a simulcast from that music festival in Miami, a December SmackDown has now been yanked and replaced with a Monday Night Raw in March because WWE is trying to appease Fox with a SD in its headquarters city of Los Angeles.

I didn't even know SD was scheduled for Cleveland until they announced it wouldn't be so I'm way out of the loop right now.

But yeah, used to be Cleveland got treated really well but they've been getting the shaft post-pandemic

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Hey without her and WWE's stupidity maybe they could've had Ruby/Bunny running the ratings.

You have no idea how badly I want Bayley to jump when the time comes.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
So given that every KOTR tournament since Lesnar has been a reason for a heel to run around pretending to be a legitimate king, Zelina is winning the queens crown, right? She's the heel?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
So given that every KOTR tournament since Lesnar has been a reason for a heel to run around pretending to be a legitimate king, Zelina is winning the queens crown, right? She's the heel?

Some inspired booking would be Doudrop beating the dogshit out of Zelina so badly, it leads to a double turn, and then Doudrop using becoming Queen as an opportunity to change her fucking name.

Bianca Belair versus a monster heel Queen Piper? Sign me up!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Zelina Vega would probably feel p. dumb if she chose WWE over a featured role in AEW to put over Doudrop in Saudi Arabia!

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
WWE bringing Mike Bennett to Saudi Arabia for literally two seconds of ring time remains one of the most astounding uses of resources in wrestling history. You fly someone halfway across the world for THAT? You found a fat guy and pretended he was Yokozuna. Just bring a guy with three masks for goodness sakes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not a commentary on anyone's level of talent, it's just that she'd feel dumb to come back just for her big prize to be runner up in Stephanie McMahon's Women's Wrestling Tournament for Outstanding Achievement in Field of Excellent.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Would she really feel that much better if she won a tournament that has featured 12 minutes of total wrestling?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tbh she probably felt like she'd made the wrong decision when her segment got cut off the show during WWE's return to MSG last month.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
They fired her husband right after she signed and have used her poorly since. She fell for the spite resigning. Her getting fired, being gung ho with unionization only to re-sign when the price was right and then fucked over is the most pro wrestling thing ever.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah cuz Flair never did his strut while the 4H were stomping the shit out of Dusty, pal.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reading Smackdown results and it's weird that Mansoor and Mustafa Ali were on the jet that rushed back from Saudi Arabia to be on the show. I guess the Saudis are paying them enough to demand WWE push Mansoor outside of the 2-3 times a year they're in the country.:quiet:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE announced their PPV schedule for 2022. WrestleMania is two nights again and every other Big 4 PPV is going to be on a Saturday. And Survivor Series is going to return to Thanksgiving Week (Saturday after Turkey Day).

Plus TWO New England PPVs, Survivor Series and tbd PPV after WrestleMania 38.

This is all news I like? Not sure how to process this information.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Two other things jumped out at me:

1. They are running a PPV on Labor Day weekend, which is going to screw with AEW’s All Out.

2. They are running two stadium shows in July — MITB (Las Vegas) on July 2 and SummerSlam (Nashville) on July 30.

Also, I would assume the February and October PPVs they are announcing at a later date will be Saudi Arabia shows.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
This is the first year I recall SummerSlam being that early, much less on a July date. That has to be a first.

And yep, that SummerSlam shift is all because they want to fuck with AEW's All Out, they are doing the August to July shift and then shoehorning their own ppv in there that same weekend as All Out. So petty and ridiculous. They probably will do Saturday and All Out is Sunday again.

Also interesting to note they hardly have set names to what ppvs are going where other than the big 5 now (MITB included). I wouldn't be shocked if they do a big shift and rename many ppv titles next year, but keep a few speciality ones like Hell in a Cell and maybe TLC comes back. I think others like Extreme Rules are going to be kaput now.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Earliest SummerSlam has been on IIRC is '97 when it was August 3rd. Every other time, it's been mid-late August.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
To piggyback on SummerSlam history, I always was confused why they decided that doing SummerSlam on a Monday night (pre-Raw obviously) was a good idea back in the day? I get the Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Eve concept of Survivor Series, but the SummerSlam on a Monday thing....whyyyyy?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Logic behind SummerSlam on a Monday from 1988-94 was combination of it was the Monday of the week before Labor Day and a lot of people take that week off. Plus Prime Time Wresting (and later RAW) was preempted by opening of the US Open coverage.

But I don't get why by that logic, they don't just do it on Labor Day since most everybody has that week off and they were still usually preempted for US Open coverage!