Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Fall 2021: Best in the World at What We Do (Creating Content)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE is facing an uncertain future this fall with the delta variant possibly jeopardizing touring (I guess they got sweet sweet Saudi Arabia in their backpocket though) and AEW picking up steam rapidly.

Discuss the #1 brand in sports entertainment ITT

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It sounds like setup is only for around 10,000 but still not great when AEW is doing almost double that two weeks later.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It sounds like setup is only for around 10,000 but still not great when AEW is doing almost double that two weeks later.
For now, yes, it is only set up for 10k, but since I started following that Twitter account, I have noticed both WWE and AEW will open up more sections as tickets sell. WWE kept making more blocks of seats available right up until a day or two before SummerSlam. Basically, it seems like they try to fill up the sections that will be on camera the most first, and then start filling in elsewhere.

TL;DR version: Yes, the capacity for the MSG SmackDown is only 10k right now, but at this point, they should have sold enough tickets for more sections to be made available.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I attended SummerSlam Week from 2016 to 2018 at Barclays where they had fairly full arenas for 3 to 4 night stands---and I can honestly say, I really don't think WWE has had a buzzworthy NYC market show since... Idk? TLC 2012? Survivor Series 2011? NYC is a loyal market but I think that loyalty is wearing thin.

(Oh I guess I'm not counting the first few NXT TakeOver at Barclays but those felt like entirely different beasts. The first two though (and I was only at 2nd one) definitely felt like huge events)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Reigns retweeting a video where he makes a little kid cry because he beat John Cena. I mean this as a compliment, but what a dick
I feel like Roman might have supplanted MJF as best heel in North American wrestling. It's hard for any wrestler in 2021 to not seem like they're secretly desiring the fan's approval but Big Dog does it. And for good reason too (kayfabe and IRL!)

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
For now, yes, it is only set up for 10k, but since I started following that Twitter account, I have noticed both WWE and AEW will open up more sections as tickets sell. WWE kept making more blocks of seats available right up until a day or two before SummerSlam. Basically, it seems like they try to fill up the sections that will be on camera the most first, and then start filling in elsewhere.

TL;DR version: Yes, the capacity for the MSG SmackDown is only 10k right now, but at this point, they should have sold enough tickets for more sections to be made available.
This is one of my biggest pet peeves with WWE TV/PPV over the past few years. I remember looking into just getting cheap seats for Fastlane in Cleveland a couple of years ago since they advertised "tickets starting at $20". They didn't actually open up any of the $20 seats until a couple of days before the show because sales were too slow to justify it.

Once upon a time they'd sell seats wherever and move people to fit TV if they needed to, as they'd rather sell those cheap seats and get something rather than miss getting nothing at all. I know I wasn't in a position two years ago to pay 50-60 bucks to sit in 208

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
if ADAM (Cole) (BABY) debuts on Smackdown! tonight then whatever USA Network is in charge of WWE programming will probably kick a chain link fence.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score

WWE announced their latest PC class including Bull Buchanan's son!
Dude must’ve had an above average strike against an opponent on the outside of the ring in Wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy because Bull Buchanan won way too many Rumbles on N64 for it to be a coincidence

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Oof.

Last night was so weird, though. There was a point in the middle of the match where it looked like they just completely stopped cooperating with each other. Something was definitely up.
I'm not going to act like I wasn't captivated, though. I was watching the last half of that match, hoping to see the two of them go into business for themselves, and start stiffing each other. Plus, I don't really like either one of them, so I had some big "LetThemFight.gif" energy going.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Hey Nia's total incompetence created one of the biggest stars of the past five or so years. Just giving Charlotte the rub.

I really don't like Charlotte but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they booked her with Nia because her dad and husband are gone and they know she is when the time comes.