Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Fall 2021: Best in the World at What We Do (Creating Content)

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Put it on Ricky Steamboat to make up for making him continue to wrestle into 1987.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He better just post that every week for the next six months and not do anything. Then one week he swoops in.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Easiest solution: there isn’t a NXT champion. Just cash in on that sum bitch and make the show the BIG E POWER HOUR SUPER COOL EXTRAVAGANZA

Valeyard

Reaction score
Dude needs to beat Roman though. I never want Roman to lose ever again and even I know E should win. Wrestlemania would be the best in years.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Big E-Lashley could be awesome too but I'm just hoping they don't rush the WWBigE era in a misguided attempt to pop a rating on one of the slowest nights of the year.

Valeyard

Reaction score
If they can swing Roman/Rock at Wrestlemania, then E can win it with some bullshit earlier. But for real I don't want Roman to lose the belt until the next member of the dynasty turns 18 and can legally step to the chief.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Brock/Bob or nothin'. I'm tired of that shit being dangled over my head.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just realized RAW is in Boston tonight.

Now I'm really hoping Big E doesn't cash in tonight cause I don't want to have missed his title win cause WWE stinks.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Dave mentioned WWE was freaked by AEW winning the demo against Raw last week so they're actually going to try now. It's why they moved up the world title match to Raw.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE actually giving a shit feels weird. Can't say it's made me excited to watch again or anything but it's different

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
sad they hotshotted this in desperation but I'm extremely happy for Big E. This is probably the last big moment WWE has that I can think of.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is this the first time both cash ins happened on tv and not at least one at a ppv?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
sad they hotshotted this in desperation but I'm extremely happy for Big E. This is probably the last big moment WWE has that I can think of.
Sometimes hotshotting is the right call. WWE really needed a big feel good moment to win back some fan sentiment. No, AEW isn't going to beat WWE in total viewers anytime soon (if ever). But, WWE doesn't want to be seen as the place with no fun and no big moments.

All things considered I thought it was a very good, fun moment.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Apparently there was a horrendous wcw like moment where the ref accidently counted to 3 when Nikki covered Tamina but they played Tamina's music and announced Tamina as the winner because she was supposed to go over.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't blame myself for not wanting to go to RAW considering how horrible it's been in the last 18 months but seeing my current favorite WWE guy win his first World Title probably would have been worth money for train tickets, dinner at a fake brewpub, spending 6 hours at TD Garden and getting five hours of sleep.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, am I to assume that with Alexa Bliss giving Charlotte a doll named “Charly” and saying “She’s even a narcissistic bitch like you!” that someone backstage wasn’t a big fan of Charly Caruso/Arnolt?

Valeyard

Reaction score
3.0 would make more sense and more like a browser but OK.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The NXT 2.0 rebrand is interesting to me cause I don't think WWE has ever been open being in a rebuilding phase with anything. I know somebody will bring up the New Generation but at the time, WWE themselves hyped it up as way more exciting than any old timey rasslin.

Meanwhile, I think Impact Wrestling has been admittedly in a rebuilding phase for almost all of their existence.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New Day Podcast dedicated latest episode of their podcast yesterday to Daffney and had a discussion about mental health. Big E revealed his struggles with major depressive disorder and how he was institutionalized and treated with electro shock therapy.

Him revealing all of this the same day he won WWE Championship seems incredibly powerful.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score