Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE in Fall 2021: Best in the World at What We Do (Creating Content)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's going to be the night before AFC/NFC Championship Games, which is presumably why they didn't want to do it on a Sunday this year.

Unrelated sidebar: Super Bowl is on February 13th this year. I know NFL has lasted until February a handful of times in the past 20 years but seems bizarre that it will last until the middle of the month. Pitchers and catchers will have reported by then probably. WTH?

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know if it's happened since but the 03 Rumble went up against the Titans/Raiders AFC championship game. Pretty sure no head to head since.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You do realize they added a whole other week to the regular season, correct?
For some reason, I thought the one less preseason game would lead to season ending at normal time but look I'm not going to pretend I'm Connor Football over here.

I feel Royal Rumble aired at the same time as the AFC/NFC Championship games one other time in somewhat recent history. I definitely remember channel surfing between the NFC Championship Game and the Royal Rumble in past 5 or 6 years but maybe my memory is as mediocre as my NFL knowledge?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It's going to be the night before AFC/NFC Championship Games, which is presumably why they didn't want to do it on a Sunday this year.

Unrelated sidebar: Super Bowl is on February 13th this year. I know NFL has lasted until February a handful of times in the past 20 years but seems bizarre that it will last until the middle of the month. Pitchers and catchers will have reported by then probably. WTH?

Nice. It's on my birthday. The good thing about being a Giants fan is that I don't have to worry about them losing in the Super Bowl and ruining my birthday.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
A bunch of WWE cucks in the replies talking about how "WELL WWE PRODUCES MORE CONTENT!"...well they don't produce 33.5x the content that AEW does!
I'd be OK with the AEW number if they didn't make every single referee they have look completely incompetent in doing so.

WWE definitely does too many of them but AEW should do a few more, if only so when they do those countout teases where the guy miraculously wakes up at 9 and beats the count that people might believe the countout would happen.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm fine that Hurt Business is back together too but why exactly were they split to begin with only to throw them back together 5 months later after Shelton and Cedric did absolutely nothing of note in the interim?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone know if USA Network would be fine with making one of the hours of RAW mostly recaps and interviews? It seems like in the past decade (and especially past few weeks since WWE's been "trying" with RAW), there's been times where there's a good two hour show but it's padded out with an hour of complete garbage.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I really think if they made it along the lines of ReAction it would be totally cool all around, but they never would.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i highly doubt it. if theyre angry about NXT being taped why would they be happy about the flagship show having an hour that's full of that stuff? Yeah it adds up to that now probably (or more) but there's a difference between that and giving an entire hour in a row to it. How do you tell an advertiser they get the worst hour? It defeats the entire purpose of adding the third hour.

Dandy

Reaction score
Re: Raw running three hours, I think they would be much better served with lengthening the matches instead of ditching one of the hours. Each week when reading the recaps, there are several matches that are not meant to be squashed at all under two minutes. It makes it hard to care for anyone when they lose matches under two minutes when doing the 50/50 booking.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Becky v Sasha v Bianca announced for blood money show on 10/21.

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course they’re doing it there. That way when Becky wins nobody in the building will turn on it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
never doubt the passion of the great saudi fans yo. I'll never forget how into orton/hhh they were. treated it like it was rock/hogan

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Edge getting traded for two thirds of New Day (Kofi and Xavier) and Drew McIntyre...who is the GM for RAW? Billy King?

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like they could do so much more with the draft if they did it as a month-long storyline either right after Mania (or in the month of MITB) or right after Survivor Series (use the Raw vs SD concept to start storylines that can move into folks switching brands to face/escape consequences).

Do two picks a show for four weeks and also invoke the option of trades and you can have various wrestlers trying to get themselves on other shows or getting picked for a show they don't want and trying to get traded back. I also think champions should just be kept on their respective shows with the caveat that if, say, someone moving to Raw wins the IC title then that title will go there, but not until the end of the month, which opens up storylines of trying to get it back or, similarly, trying to get the US title on an SD person.

Oh, maybe the above can lead to a rule where the champs have the option to move shows without being drafted but they have to vacate their title (maybe with the Option C type of twist that they get to challenge for the other show's equivalent). A cocky heel saying they've done it all on a brand and want to prove themselves on the other (or are running scared from a tough challenger) is perfect for this.

Edge, Lashley, and Goldberg all battling over who has the best spear will be fun, though, sure.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't get why WWE made a big deal about reuniting New Day just to split them apart again three weeks later. If you're serious about spreading talent around, poop or get off the pot. That type of thinking stalled a lot of the Attitude era tag team wrestlers' single careers.

Supplementary draft picks just came out and I don't think I've seen more of a "Who's Who of 'Who Cares?'" (to quote Triumph the Comic Insult Dog) in WWE since '95.

RAW
24/7 Champion Reggie
Akira Tozawa
Alpha Academy (Chad Gable & Otis)
Apollo Crews & Commander Azeez
Doudrop
Drake Maverick
John Morrison
T-Bar
Nia Jax
R-Truth
Zelina Vega

Smackdown!
Toni Storm
Aliyah
Drew Gulak
Mansoor
Mustafa Ali
Mace

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fucking hell I hope we lose the T-Bar/Mace names now. Dijakovic deserves some spotlight, though if WWE can't figure out how to properly use Keith Lee I'm not sure they'll right the ship with this dude, either.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
It's giving the illusion of Drake Maverick possibly doing things again, though. They're loading up that 24/7 division again.

Everyone except Mansoor deserves better.