Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE Network now brought to you by PIZZA, PEPSI and PEACOCK

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
I just finished finished eating the leftover bratwursts, while watching NWA Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling.

Last edited:

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
I’m sorry to say this. But, I haven’t kept my end of the deal.But, I have more important issues to be concerned with. My mother has Dementia and it’s only getting worse.

Last edited:

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
Okay, now I'm watching AWA WrestleRock 1986 while drinking Pepsi and eating a large spicy sausage pizza from Two Girls Pizzeria and Bistro. It's great to get back to my usual enjoying life activities.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm smoking a blunt and watching the MSG show from 3/20/84. Put it on to see Akira Maeda win the WWF International title, which was actually the UWF championship. That match was not good to say the least. However, I misread the descriptive blurb and thought I was getting a six-man tag with Roddy Piper, Dr. D David Schultz, and somebody else and stumbled across one of my longtime favorite matches instead. Piper & Schultz take on Andre the Giant & Jimmy Snuka in a bout that I originally saw on the Rowdy Roddy Piper's Greatest Hits video when I was a little kid. However, this is not edited so I'm seeing it in its entirety for the very first time. This match is the follow-up to Andre's Piper's Pit appearance, in which the Hot Rod promised to show Andre that you don't throw rocks at a man who's got a machine gun. Andre taps a gusher, making Piper look like a killer. He even gets taken out of the match. Funny how Piper barely sells for Andre the fuckin' Giant, but practically bumps like a pinball for Snuka. However, it was the right thing to do and this bout is all the better for that approach. Andre comes back wrapped up like the spirit of '76 for the finish, in which the referee DQs him and awards the match to the heels. Piper has proved his point. Everybody's pissed. Good shit, pal!

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It was that tag match with Andre selling so much for Piper that convinced Vince that Roddy could be a top wrestler and not just a manager. Before that Vince thought Piper was too small to wrestle and was just going to manage Schultz and Orndorff. And Studd I believe.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Certainly had me convinced when I was eight years old! Piper was already my favorite heel, but bloodying Andre the Giant cemented him as a legend to me.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm back and I'm having an extra large spicy Italian sausage along with a LOT of pepsi and watching WCW BATB 1994. It's great to be back.
Be careful with the eating and soda consumption, man.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lame. I was looking forward to the Vladimir documentary; it seemed like it would be really fun to watch. That guy's been getting floor seats for wrestling events since the early '80s and I'm sure he has a ton of great stories worth hearing. Get Vladimir a shoot interview!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
See this is exactly what all of us hardcore fans worried about when WWE just got in bed with NBCUniversal; that they'd just get swept up in "Well, we didn't make this so we don't want to show it." industry BS.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Article also said there's an unaired documentary on Ric Flair's death scare in 2017 too but Idk if too many of us are crestfallen if that's stuck in the vault.

Mental Lee ILL

JN News
Reaction score
Bumped for a couple of questions.

With the Roddy Piper/Bad News Brown match from WrestleMania 6 being banned from Peacock because of the whole controversial Roddy Piper body paint thing, is it true that the segment with Vince McMahon saying the word, "nigga" to Booker T during a WWE PPV backstage segment has been banned as well or was it allowed onto the Peacock?