Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE: New Rosters, New "Season", Same Problems

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm actually very surprised that Wentz and Dez signed there after how bad of an experience Kimber Lee had there a few years back. I know she had "attitude issues", but you'd think she'd try to talk her husband out of working there. Then again, the pay might have been too good to pass up.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Announced for the TakeOver pre-show is Ariel Helwani. "

I don't know why but this sounds fun.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm actually very surprised that Wentz and Dez signed there after how bad of an experience Kimber Lee had there a few years back. I know she had "attitude issues", but you'd think she'd try to talk her husband out of working there. Then again, the pay might have been too good to pass up.
I would hope and expect that Kim told him about her experiences but at some point, a person is going to do what they are going to do and even a spouse can’t change their mind. And WWE is still the dream for a lot (if not the majority) of wrestlers, at least in the Western World in spite of EVERYTHING.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I never heard she had issues and when I tried looking, I found her tweet of gratitude after her release. I thought it was kind of similar to Deonna where she wasn’t getting used and just decided to part ways, which is what Deonna tried for and didn’t get due to AEW existing.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure where to post this but AOP’s non-compete expires today. Will be interesting to see if they pop up somewhere. I think I had assumed AEW may want them but I actually stumbled across a QT Marshall interview recently where he stopped getting booked as an NXT extra after refusing to work with AOP since they were hurting other enhancement guys. He seemed to think they were nice guys but dangerous in the ring so not sure if his role in the company would have any sway in a decision to bring these guys in.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Becky Lynch has given birth to a baby girl. Congrats!

tenor.gif

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’d be fine with that. Making it a WrestleMania main event did nothing for me, but having it as an attraction at a PPV where the Rumble match itself is the main draw makes a lot more sense.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would much rather watch the other rumored Rumble match of Roman vs Bryan, which they really need to do now while both guys are healthy and active. I still don't know how much Bryan has left and babyface Bryan vs Heel Roman is about as perfect of a match they have right now.

Still, it's better to just get this match out of the way now instead of at Wrestlemania. Everyone had to know WWE were going to go back to it eventually any way. Hopefully, it's Goldberg's official last match or whatever.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love D-Bry but they just as well could save him Vs Roman for WrestleMania. Plus it’d be awesome if we got a Mania main event that was actually between two full time members of the roster (how low the standards have fallen lol)

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I would hope WWE would be smarter now that there are legitimate mainstream stars appearing on their only rival programming and drawing attention to it. "Former WWE champion leaves company after backstage harassment to join competitor" is a bad story no matter the era, but especially now.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Keith Lee is shocking, Otis is surprising but I would guess this is because they seemingly have plans for him. I kinda think they are taking away some of his charm with some of the tweaks they are making in his solo run so far.

The other guys hands down need it but I had no clue they still considered Ruas part of RAW given they just had him job to Kushida on NXT TV.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Otis needs a break. It looks like they were turning him into Eugene 2.0 and he's still pretty young. I don't have faith in WWE to book him like a Dusty type. The guy has a legit athletic background and they have him being a food obsessed perverted toddler.

Lee almost feels like an angle, but I just can't see McMahon understanding how to book an African American overweight guy above midcard level. Lee probably is better off staying in NXT and getting a long title run or something.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Vince is reportedly extremely high on both of them which may be for us, we think it is odd but internally in the company, it may be a good thing for them they are getting “extra attention”.

I haven’t watched the new 24 special on Lee but I heard there is a scene with Vince gushing over him on it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I got some of the new WWE trading cards and when looking at them I noticed they tried to hype Rhea Ripley on her card because she “challenged Charlotte Flair to a title match at Wrestlemania 26”.

I feel she is extra talented if she has the ability to travel backwards in time to create matches.

3CD14F49-C911-4EE2-8223-BE390A4E16E5.jpeg