Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE: New Rosters, New "Season", Same Problems

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Well, the NXT guys that they wanted to get over have been moved to Monday Night Raw or Smackdown Live, since then. The male ones, anyway; bad news for Rhea and Io, I guess.

I'm okay with it, because I hate triple threat matches, and a 5-on-5-on-5 elimination match is 5 times the pain, for me. What I would like to see, now that they've returned it to Raw versus Smackdown, would be for them to flip it up, and instead of having "Red Brand v. Blue Brand" for the whole show, maybe have two All-Raw and two All-Smackdown matches, and then bring back the Grand Match of Survival, at the end, to decide brand supremacy.

Last edited:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's been yet another covid outbreak at the performance center

Dandy

Reaction score
Didn’t think it deserved it’s own thread necessarily, but Tracy Smothers passed away after a long cancer treatment. A very good friend of mine—whom I have tried to get to post here for years—was further trained under Tracy and they were road partners for a while. They were Facebook friends and Tracy kept us informed of his treatment and progress. Things came back and spread aggressively these last two weeks and he passed. He seemed to be a great dude.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These women are really killing themselves out there (I ain't mad though). Bayley/Sasha at HIAC, and now Candace/Io at Halloween Havoc.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They better ask him why his theme isn't on the Network.

Do you think Johnny Nitro is regretting making jump back to WWE? I mean, maybe he's in the "pin me, pay me" phase of his career but the fact that they did a WWE 24/7 documentary on his comeback made me think his role would be bigger than Miz's stooge.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I never expected him to have a bigger role than that, honestly. He's getting paid well, has job security, and can theoretically help his wife land a job if she wants.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought of pandemic after I made that post and yeah, being an undercard stooge probably provides more financial security than being a top guy in Impact/indies in 2020.

But I honestly thought he would be at the level that he was when he left in 2011 maybe slightly higher. Me and my friends honestly thought he was going to go toe to toe with Brock and possibly eliminate him when he entered the Royal Rumble this year!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
We’re WWE fans not MENSA members.

We didn’t think that he would eliminate Brock necessarily just that’s the type of bad booking WWE likes to do!

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn sweet they got Bill Simmons to make a propaganda film.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Just paste McMahon heads in Wild Wild Country.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
The company made the decision to drop Matt Riddle’s first name, and now he’s just “Riddle.” The story was that they wanted to not have people google “Matt Riddle” and come up with the details of the lawsuit against him and WWE. The decision was made on 10/29 and Riddle said he was fine with it and even preferred it saying Riddle is his name and he’s been called it for most of his life

Valeyard

Reaction score
Thank god his name wasn't WWE Wrestler Riddle.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought of pandemic after I made that post and yeah, being an undercard stooge probably provides more financial security than being a top guy in Impact/indies in 2020.

But I honestly thought he would be at the level that he was when he left in 2011 maybe slightly higher. Me and my friends honestly thought he was going to go toe to toe with Brock and possibly eliminate him when he entered the Royal Rumble this year!
I think something about having him playing the same role as before has made Morrison look really old. His hair starting to thin isn't helping either. I don't remember him looking this old from the Impact clips I saw a year ago or so. I think he still can bring something in the ring, but if they want to get any value out of him he probably needs to get the hell away from Miz and change his gimmick/look.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually *kind of* liked the idea of Miz & Morrison reuniting in short term to face New Day cause it did feel like potential minor dream match by current WWE standards (and I feel like it could have been decent if crowds could have been involved) but just having them team again full time? Terrible. Just terrible. It feels like wrestling equivalent of a classic rock band reuniting 10 years past their prime.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even further back, since at least 1986. IIRC, he was best friends with Joey Marrella and Gorilla helped him get his start in the biz.

I thought he was 2nd best WWF ring announcer behind Fink. It's too bad his reign was so short. His over pronunciation of Rated R SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPERSTARR is one of my favorite ring introductions.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Always will associate him with announcing the Undertaker not showing because he was "chicken shit," and as the guy Shawn kicked in the face at WM.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I don't know how people handled the excitement of a D WWF house show
WWF @ Johnstown, PA - Cambria County War Memorial - July 21, 1987 (1,239)
Nikolai Volkoff pinned Omar Atlas
Jacques Rougeau pinned Dino Bravo after dropkicking him into Johnny V, who was on the ring apron
Killer Khan pinned Terry Gibbs
Haku pinned Mario Mancini
Rick Martel pinned Tama (w/ Haku) at around the 13-minute mark after Tama sustained a double axe handle off the top from Haku when the interference backfired; after the bout, Martel was double teamed
Greg Valentine pinned Raymond Rougeau at around the 6-minute mark with a knee to the back and hooking the tights for leverage after Rougeau became distracted by Johnny V on the ring apron
Bruno Sammartino won a battle royal by last eliminating Nikolai Volkoff at around the 9-minute mark; other participants included Killer Khan, Demolition, Jacques & Raymond Rougeau, Johnny V, Greg Valentine, Dino Bravo, Rick Martel, the Islanders, Omar Atlas, Terry Gibbs, and Mario Mancini; order of elimination: Atlas by Bravo; Bravo by Jacques; Mancini by Raymond; the Islanders & Gibbs by the Rougeaus; Martel was eliminated; Jacques by Demolition; Demolition by a number of other wrestlers; Khan by Raymond & Sammartino; Raymond by Volkoff after he collided head-to-head with Sammartino; Johnny V by Volkoff via a punch after Sammartino avoided the move; Volkoff by Sammartino

Brody probably said:
I still think it's better than RAW

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Definitely gets my vote as the #2 all-time WWE ring announcer behind only The Fink. Honestly, though, I had no clue he has been with company this entire time since he stop working on screen.