Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE: New Rosters, New "Season", Same Problems

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I don't watch Raw, but the same David Krumholtz from Addam's Family Values was on last night?!? That seems random as hell.

I thought it was a guy who just looked like him but nope, that apparently WAS him:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Surprised to see Kelly picked up though I guess signing with the company that employs her ex-husband would have been too awkward. Curious to see how they tone down her gimmick.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Priscilla worked the second Mae Young Classic, so they are familiar with her. I knew her for that which is what surprised me when she did some of the spots that went viral. She will probably just go back to doing what she did for the one round she was in MYC.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anthony Henry has signed with WWE. He's a very solid technical worker but very nondescript and type of guy I just see languishing in NXT undercard/205 Live. It's yet another headscratching, we're signing this guy so other people can't have him type signings.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Priscilla and Elanya are teaming up in the tag team tournament they are doing. Lacey is also in it. I don't watch WWE, but I'm happy for Lacey. She's a great talent who has been working hard to get there.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Wow, the first round seems pretty obvious. I think the only “upset” we get is maybe Kacy/Kayden beating Mercedes/Toni who cannot work together.

Also curious why Shafir is the partner of the debuting Lacey when she is typically part of the tag act with Jessamyn Duke, which outside of the RAW Underground, the duo basically disappeared since Shayna got called up.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
As for predictions, I think the finals will be Shotzi/Ember vs Dakota/Racquel. I feel they could put Dakota/Racquel over given it will probably be a face team winning the men’s brackets.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Candice/Indi make the finals or win, as it seems like this is the kind of accolade they would give Candice since they love her but will probably never give her the championship.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rumor and innuendo

Right now it looks like vaccine won't be widely available till June (although maybe having leaders who know what they're doing will help accelerate it) so Idk how smart this is. We'll see how the Super Bowl in Tampa goes in a couple weeks.

I wonder if there will be indy shows in the week leading up to it since Florida is VERY amenable to shows of all types. I'm guessing ROH may sit this one but given the events of The Collective, you'd have to think GCW will put something together.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hard to see how the ThunderDome can continue past WrestleMania (April 10-11). The Rays have their first home game on Friday, April 9, so WWE will need to be out of there by the final Raw before WM at the latest. Can’t really go back to the Amway Center because the Magic will be playing into June.

Would they go back to the Performance Center? That seems like a huge step back.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually think I read somewhere WWE is leaving the ThunderDome sometime in late February. Preparing the Trop for MLB season is a process that takes weeks not days.

I sure hope they don't go back to the Performance Center. I think wisest move would be to go to a minor league arena. It'd be a downgrade from Amway and Trop but it's not like RAW & Smackdown didn't run those types of venues in the before times.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Seeing there’s no fans, they really could run the Thunderdome from any arena/stadium that could hold their equipment. Maybe they even find a college arena if they are not being used.

I can’t think of anything in Florida but in Arizona, even though the Suns have been in their current building since the early 90s, the arena they used before that is on state fairgrounds now. It is old but that really only matters if you are putting people there. Los Angeles still uses the old Forum as a concert venue, maybe they can get in some place like that where outdated amenities won’t quite matter but gives them the space they need for their television production.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
California has some of the strictest COVID protocols and Idk if they'd even let the merry band of idiots in WWE do an empty arena show there. I'm guessing if WWE leaves Florida, they won't go too far. It'll be another Southern state that has wicked relaxed COVID-19 protocols. I know Georgia is super amenable.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn’t expect them to come to the West coast. Those were just examples I am familiar with. WWE would stay east coast and probably southeast would be the most agreeable. But who knows if there is some South Carolina college or minor league hockey arena that they could use relatively cheaply.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
By late February, weather outside in Southeast will be decent enough to comfortably do outdoor shows too. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter since they aren't having fans back until WrestleMania.