Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE: New Rosters, New "Season", Same Problems

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CM Punk left WWE seven years ago today
Weird timing since I just read RUMOR AND INNUENDO that he is going to be on the cover of the next WWE2K game and he's closer than ever to returning to WWE. I could see them pulling that rabbit out of the hat to try and fill Cowboys Stadium next year as I really don't know what the hell else they'd have in their back pocket to sell 100k tickets.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
People are going nuts and reading into things today already because Punk posted to his Instagram page the panel from The Dark Knight Returns where it is revealed Batman is putting his cape back on and making a comeback.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How did I not know Daniel Bryan & Edge have been added to the creative team? Was that not brought up here at the time?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Bryan working with the Smackdown team has been public for some time. He was getting more control of his own stuff when fans were still there, which was why he was working competitive matches with underused guys like Gulak, Axel and Slater. When he was on his break I believe he was still contributing and he was a big factor in Big E going solo.

Edge I knew had say some say in his own programs but this is the first I’m hearing he is actively part of creative.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
This video is a few weeks old but it still makes me laugh WWE landed a spot in WandaVision’s media day and of all people that work for them, they had Kalisto awkwardly interview the stars. Interview is a loose term because halfway in it flips so they are asking Kalisto questions. Jump to 2:20 to see Paul Bethany do the Lucha chant/dance and the final ten seconds has everyone doing it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That reminds me of time I was at a matinee time WWE house show 4 or 5 years ago and I went to grab an iced coffee from the Dunkin kiosk in the arena while the Colon Brothers were making their entrance. While I was placing my order, the Lucha Dragons entered and I did the dance/chant. I will never forget the look of disdain/disgust the teenaged worker at the Cross Insurance Arena Dunks kiosk gave me.

This is the most on brand post I've made in my near 20 years at TRTSM.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Mia Yim tested positive for COVID this afternoon which means her and Keith Lee are probably out of their respective Rumble matches.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
And, I think by looking on WWEShop I just got a Rumble spoiler
they loaded a new Braun Strowman shirt that says BACK AND BADDER THAN EVER

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And, I think by looking on WWEShop I just got a Rumble spoiler
they loaded a new Braun Strowman shirt that says BACK AND BADDER THAN EVER
He returned last night at the close of Smackdown Live during the annual pre Rumble schmozz brawl.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
He returned last night at the close of Smackdown Live during the annual pre Rumble schmozz brawl.
Ah, got it. I haven’t looked at that yet but guess I wouldn’t have thought that with him being on RAW most recently.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE announced that Edge & Orton will be the starters of the Rumble for reasons that don't make any sense in kayfabe, by which I mean...there is no reason. It would have been nice if there would have been some kind of backstage something or other whereby Orton drew 1, maybe through Fiend shenanigans???? and then Edge popped up and was like "guess I'll just take the 2 spot then, unless someone else hopes they draw it" and boom, easy peasy.

I know it's hard because of spot planning and all that other junk, but it'd be fun one year to set up two rings and do both Rumbles at the same time. Pandemic time would have been the best time to do it, since doing two rings far enough apart for landing zones would eat into seat space.

No, I do not want them side by side like it's WarGames.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Forgot the Rumble was tomorrow and have no idea what to expect for either match. Gonna be great. Gonna be Brock.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Outkick and Cowherd: two brands that I don't fuck with.

To paraphrase Charles Barkley, it's a damned shame that I'll never see Renee again...