Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE Online announced

M

Matt Young

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/980/980237p1.html

In its quarterly earnings call with investors on Wednesday, THQ execs let slip that the company is working on a new title called WWE Online.

The game is being developed in Asia, but beyond that we know absolutely nothing. Will it be a cross-platform MMO? A free-to-play PC game? A web-based browser game? An immersive holographic virtual reality 3D experience? We said we don't know, so stop with all the questions already.

THQ's wrestling games are some of its core moneymakers, so it's no surprise that the publisher is working on ways to expand its market. Although the WWE games remain popular, net sales for the series were down 25 percent last quarter over the same period last year.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
WWE Online accounced

I seem to recall playing an online CCG based WWE game years ago. It wasn't very good.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WWE Online accounced

DrVenkman PhD said:
I seem to recall playing an online CCG based WWE game years ago. It wasn't very good.

WWF With Authority, I think it was called. I had it...I thought it was kind of fun, personally.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only problem was I probably ended up blowing close to 100 bucks on it, buying the different special "packs". A lot of money for a college student...but I guess it was fun.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I think the problem I had was I used the free card pack and sucked, so I decided I didn't like it.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Dobbs3K said:
The only problem was I probably ended up blowing close to 100 bucks on it, buying the different special "packs". A lot of money for a college student...but I guess it was fun.

I beta tested it and I think we got a free card pack for it. I had a bunch of Superstars for it.

There is a community out there that still plays it online. I forgot their website.

Thoth

Curleh Mustache~
Reaction score
As I recall, people like The Rock and Steve Austin were beginner characters, whereas Al Snow was an expert character.