Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE: Road to WrestleMania 37

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Figured a new general WWE thread could be needed, to discuss the ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA. Also did anyone else notice Tom Phillips actually referenced which number WrestleMania is coming up multiple times? I don't think they'd done that since WrestleMania XXX (and even before then XXIX was usually referenced as WrestleMania NY/NJ)!

Dandy

Reaction score
I got vibes that Styles and Strowman might face off at Wrestlemania rather than Omos and Strowman. Could have been nothing but a small part of the Rumble, but there was definitely a teased interaction with Strowman and Omos as Braun was the only counter to Omos’ assistance.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Braun and a smaller partner (I'm not 100% sure who is RAW on right now but let's say Ricochet) Vs AJ Styles & Omos might be your best bet since Idk if Omos is capable of a 1 on 1 match and Braun certainly isn't the person to carry a green worker to a good match.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I got vibes that Styles and Strowman might face off at Wrestlemania rather than Omos and Strowman. Could have been nothing but a small part of the Rumble, but there was definitely a teased interaction with Strowman and Omos as Braun was the only counter to Omos’ assistance.
Similarly, I was thinking we may get Seth vs Bryan. Bryan will want to avenge Seth killing his Rumble dreams and Bryan is a good opponent to ensure Seth is still a heel following his return.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a hard time imagining Seth Rollins ever becoming a babyface again after how bad his last face run ended two years ago. I think he might be permanently entrenched as a heel. People still might boo him if they put him against a Roots Genoa hologram. Hey '00s nostalgia is in!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Braun and a smaller partner (I'm not 100% sure who is RAW on right now but let's say Ricochet) Vs AJ Styles & Omos might be your best bet since Idk if Omos is capable of a 1 on 1 match and Braun certainly isn't the person to carry a green worker to a good match.

You really want the WWE return of Nicholas, huh?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I have a hard time imagining Seth Rollins ever becoming a babyface again after how bad his last face run ended two years ago. I think he might be permanently entrenched as a heel. People still might boo him if they put him against a Roots Genoa hologram. Hey '00s nostalgia is in!
I felt like the ThunderDome audience popped for his return a little. I think people are always going to be drawn to his moves and when he’s not booked idiotically and/ or is out for an extended period, crowds will cheer for him. He was just an early victim of The Fiend, who everyone he has worked comes out worse off.

Dandy

Reaction score
My idea of where they would likely go with Braun and AJ would not have Omos wrestling at all. Just a second to AJ at ringside. He and Braun can have some cheap shots between each other during the build but not a true showdown. That reading would be paid off during the match as they finally get to square off.

That just seems to me where they would be going with it and not a full feud with a match. Pay it off without putting the green guy in a match.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Age doesn't mean much anymore, and Priest is (unless he fucks up or gets hurt) going to be the guy this time next year. If he could throw Scott Hall punches I'd give him the US title right now.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I really didn't like Punishment Martinez in ROH at all. Thought he was bland and borrowed the worst elements of Roman Reigns and Gangrel. However, I have been impressed with Damien Priest's NXT run (at least since last summer). He seemed like one of the very few people who actually benefitted from the "WWE Style". Happy to be wrong in thinking he'd go nowhere in the big leagues.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've known him for a while and he's a friend of mine. We met backstage at a show and hit it off. Before I stopped caring about WWE 3 years ago, he was one of the performers I thought that could be huge. He was still very green at that time, but he had a natural charisma that made him must watch. I'm happy for him, and while I don't watch, I'm rooting for him to have a great run. He could be a huge crossover star.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been watching Damien Priest, off and on, since the NWA On Fire days way back in 2010ish. It's been interesting watching him grow from godawful Undertaker ripoff to a genuinely captivating performer. He grew on me by the end of his ROH run but he's really finally put it all together in NXT. And I agree that he's a rare case of WWE significantly improving a guy and a rare case of WWE name being better than their original. Punishment Martinez sounds like the name of a 1983 WWF heel jobber.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Being serious though, guy's got it. Tossing Kane out by yourself, even in 2021, is as big a rub as there is.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Carlito is expected to sign with WWE soon. Score one for the people nostalgic for '00s WWE.

Although I feel like Carlito is about the average age for a current WWE guy. Good for him. Hope he can end his career on a positive note.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Don't want to put too much stock into this but with Lars Sullivan getting the boot, there's rumors of Velveteen Dream being released soon as well.

He's a disgusting human being but it sucks this is how his career ends after they put so much stock into him. So much potential. Such a shitty person.

I'm waiting to be proven wrong as he shows up on NXT this week.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Honestly, wouldn't Carlito & Chris Masters be a pretty decent addition to the RAW Tag Team division?
Anything would be decent to the tag division. Everyone is split up. I halfway think Roode and Ziggler only started looking like a tag team recently in hopes it encourages WWE to give them solo pushes again.

RAW will also have the Vikings whenever Ivar is cleared again though maybe posing him as the lady killer like they did over the summer means they will Otis him and break him from his successful tag act and have him flounder in the mid card.

Otis with Gable as Alpha Academy is even sillier because even if they insisted on breaking up Heavy Machinery, who was really only getting started when they decided to make Otis a couple month pet project, Tucker and his amateur background would’ve been perfect use to be a heater or tag partner for a heel Chad Gable.

Valeyard

Reaction score
tumblr_p4857zOVuR1u1urgoo2_r1_500.gif

La Rez. Now.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Ya know... I feel like Edge Vs Finn Balor would be more interesting than Edge Vs Roman Reigns or Edge Vs Drew McIntyre.
I know Edge was loving NXT when he was doing the podcast and most of the guys he wants to work were/ are in NXT. I feel like Edge is going to confront every champion but the HEAD OF THE TABLE will be the one that crosses some line or does something disrespectful to warrant a match but even teasing Edge competing for the NXT title has me intrigued, though in kayfabe it makes it less fair the only NXT guy in the Rumble had joined the RAW roster anyway. At least the women typically lean on needing the NXT a talent to round out numbers.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I originally said it should be Bianca vs Sasha and Asuka vs Rhea for the titles at Mania this year.

Taking a step back, I think there may be another direction. It seems inevitable we will get Charlotte vs Asuka. So maybe they meet at Mania this year with Asuka getting her win back. Where does that leave Rhea? Smackdown could use her and then Bayley has a high profile Mania match if you use Bayley to put over Rhea strongly without throwing her immediately in the title picture. Think/ hope we get more women getting much deserved spots on the card with two nights of shows, though since they are going to be outdoors and in a stadium, I am assuming they will try to run the battle royals again this year.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I haven't been paying attention but did Karrion Kross get demoted to the Cruiserweight Title since coming back from injury?