Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs 2020

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's the final WWE PPV of 2020...Thank God for that.

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs
December 20th, 2020
From Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the WWE Championship
Drew McIntyre (c) Vs AJ Styles (with Omos)

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) Vs Kevin Owens

WWE Women's Tag Team Titles Match
Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) Vs Asuka and TBD

Randy Orton Vs "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

WWE Smackdown Women's Title Match
Sasha Banks (c) Vs Carmella

WWE RAW Tag Team Titles Match
The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) (c) Vs The Hurt Business (Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander) (with MVP)

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Drew/AJ should be excellent. Roman/Owens could also be great as I think they have had good chemistry in the past and the TLC gimmick helps a lot as I personally don't get excited for KO in a straight match at all at this point. New Vs THB should be perfectly fine. Nia/Shayna vs Asuka/TBD (it will probably still be Lana) will probably not be good at all. Sasha/Carmella will not be good and If they take the belt off Sasha to punish her for Snoop doing AEW it's going to be depressing as fuck. Orton/Fiend will be beyond terrible.

There's enough here that it looks watchable but there isn't anything I'm really excited about at all. Feels like a total placeholder show. Really hope we get Roman Vs Bryan at the Rumble.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Orton/Fiend is a "Firefly Inferno" match which I guess is another name for that PG Inferno match Wyatt/Kane had years ago.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The rumor I saw most recently for the mystery partner for Asuka is
the return of Charlotte
. If that’s true, that may make an interesting match.
Wouldn’t surprise me for a title switch since they probably want to get Charlotte a run with those titles and there is no logical in partner in sight for her. They love feuding partners so they can have tension with her and Asuka. And all things considered, Charlotte vs Shayna is probably one of the Charlotte matches I’d be most interested in at present time

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Miz cashed in Money in the Bank during the WWE Title match to make it a Triple Threat match and lost.

Congratulations to Damien Sandow for no longer having the worst Money in the Bank reign ever. However, I guess it technically took two men to unseed him. Sorry Otis. Sorry @Baby Shoes .

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If winner was going to lose anyway and judging by this year, that was definitely the case, THEY SHOULD HAVE LET OTIS CASH IT IN ON BIG DOG TRIBAL CHIEF!

Me and @Baby Shoes were ROBBED of seeing Otis comically sell the Superman Punch.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They need to retire the damn MITB. Whatever aura it had has been completely killed after Otis and Miz having it. They've exhausted any scenario they can get from it and it's so lame and tired.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The only scenarios they haven't done are someone holding it for an entire year and never cashing it in (this is what I will call the R-Truth In The Bank) and someone with the briefcase winning the title some other way and still having the case (Seth could have done this at the 2015 Rumble but failed and it may have happened one other time, don't remember).

Oh, and I don't think we've ever seen a cash change hands more than once before a cash-in or get defended, like, multiple times successfully.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A chickenshit heel losing the Money in the Bank briefcase after holding it the entire year cause he was too scared and/or got his ass kicked when he thought of cashing in could be good . Idk if anyone on WWE roster could pull it off but if we could have a time traveling ‘96-‘98 era Disco Inferno...

Miz could have pulled it off 10 years ago Maybe but 2020 Miz no.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Could've done that with Otis.
That was pretty built in. He was using it as a lunchbox, he could’ve just elected to keep his lunchbox and earn a title shot another way.

Another outcome we haven’t seen that could be interesting is someone who has the briefcase when they win the Royal Rumble. Similar to someone getting a shot while the case holder. You get the right heel they could be so cocky they are walking out with the title, or just in the sense of a general title shot, getting an intentional DQ in the first match to disable the champion and then cash in to win.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Or how about the World/Universal Champ putting himself into the MITB match in the hopes of winning the case to render it useless/give himself an insurance policy. That person wouldn't even have to win, and it would be different for the champ to get incapacitated at the end of the ladder match and then get cashed in on immediately after the match was over.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kidding aside, I honestly feel like there was a germ of a good idea with Otis winning. I have always wondered what would happen if the token comedy guy won Money in the Bank/Elimination Chamber (Santino was in seemingly every one in the early 2010s).

I think there were a lot of interesting routes WWE could have taken with Otis as MitB holder but they went with the laziest most WWE way possible “LOL! He is a fat oaf and he lost it to The Miz.”

Silver lining is maybe this was so bad that they can justify giving MITB a rest for a couple years.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah Roman is on another level at this point. Almost like a Flair 89 level where you can put him in with anyone and it produces a great match. Owens did great as well and he always is really good in gimmick matches.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, Roman has been fantastic with being a beast yet still making all his opponents look strong in defeat. To me, Owens looked probably the most legit he’s looked since his strong debut. He was booked stronger in this match than he was when he was actually the Universal Champion himself.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was confused on the murder comment above. Then I realized I totally forgot that match was happening. I had the sound real low because I was doing some other stuff. After Roman won, I noticed the promo for the Stone Cold Podcast and thought the show was done and turned it off.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also they murdered a man tonight.
Reading Useless Moron Scott Keith's rant of the show (shaddup) and hey maybe they're writing the Fiend off? A man can dream.

Also LOL at a TLC match (and especially one that's a MOTY candidate) NOT main eventing a TLC show. You know you fucked up and overthought things when the match the show is named after isn't main eventing the show (see also Royal Rumble 2006).

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I didn't see the show but I went online to see who Asuka's partner was and all I saw were comments about how Charlotte's jugs looked a lot smaller and I think I'm done with wrestling internet for today.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Reading Useless Moron Scott Keith's rant of the show (shaddup) and hey maybe they're writing the Fiend off? A man can dream.

Also LOL at a TLC match (and especially one that's a MOTY candidate) NOT main eventing a TLC show. You know you fucked up and overthought things when the match the show is named after isn't main eventing the show (see also Royal Rumble 2006).
The Fiend is like the only one of their holiday sweaters to sell out. Which is fairly consistent of Fiend merch. As much as I didn’t want her to be part of it, they really haven’t even scratched the surface on Alexa Bliss being part of the act. Bray doesn’t work often enough for me to assume he has an injury but I cannot imagine The Fiend character being written off any time soon.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
The normally hyper-excited WWE stans on the video screens looked like they were watching 205 Live during the main event. It was obviously pre-recorded, but I'm not sure why they couldn't use video of people actually paying attention versus multiple shots of people playing on their phones or staring at something in the other direction.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
82mftr44jg661.jpg

this is a cool photo and Orton RKOing him while he was on fire was cool but every single other aspect (aside from BLACK JEANS RANDY) was terrible. If they'd just had a short intense brawl and done that finish and that was it without Randy commiting murder it would have been fine.

I don't care about it going last over a TLC match because it let anyone who wanted to turn it off after watching all the good shit, plus nothing is topping a live execution!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also like 909 said in chat last night I don't care how much merch Fiend moves, whatever show he is on suffers in the ratings and he's just awful. It's time to end it and well past time.

Personally I give credit to Bray for coming up with a creative idea and putting so much into it but it just doesn't work in this context. It is only appealing to the most hardcore of hardcores.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Fiend has lasted a year and a half, which is approximately how long The Shield lasted. It's MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME for the type of character that seems to be actively driving away fans.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Oh, believe me, I think the Fiend is a character that we’ve seen time and time again they’ve been booked in a corner due to. Orton being the one to kill him is one of those things that ranges from it makes sense given their history and how strong Randy has been pushed this year to random that Orton is the one to kill the unkillable but of course WWE would book him for that feat.

I still just think given how much they love Bliss and how that aspect of the story hasn’t even gotten off the ground, it isn’t over yet.

Looks like Bray posted what appears to be a cocoon following the match. The completed circle image in the text is one he was apparently using in tweets leading into the match