Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Xbox One vs One S

BigD

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
I ccould either get an xbox one S 500gb or xbox one 1tb bundle with the division both for $299cdn. Never had an xbox before, so for those that know is 500gb enough storage and is the division any good or should i get the S?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The S will let you be ready for 4K movies if you plan on that set up.

500 GB is not that much storage. You can buy an external hard drive, as I did for my 1 TB still. If they are the same price with no crazy perks to differentiate, may as well go with new model.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Yeah I got the Day one X1 w/ 500 gb and I am constantly deleting games to make room for new ones.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Mik said:
Yeah I got the Day one X1 w/ 500 gb and
I bought a WD external 3GB HD for it. And it helps with load times too.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/3/9836654/how-to-make-your-xbox-one-faster-and-make-fallout-4-better

BigD

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
Ended up going with the 1tb the divison bundle as the 1 S was false advertising. eb games were selling refurbished 500gb xbox 1s for the same price that I payed or 500gb 1 S/shitty game bundles for $70 more. I don't care about 4k.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
Mik said:
Yeah I got the Day one X1 w/ 500 gb and
I bought a WD external 3GB HD for it. And it helps with load times too.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/3/9836654/how-to-make-your-xbox-one-faster-and-make-fallout-4-better

Oh wow. Currently experiencing insanely long load times with FFXV so this might be the ticket for me. Thank you!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I am trying to decide what to do next. My external drive is filling up, can't remember what size I bought but my system and external have a combined 75% used. I will probably get close after Christmas between any gifts and end of year sales... There's probably some stuff I could uninstall but I know some people claim you can hook up more than one drive, so maybe I just find another big one and hook a second drive.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I believe my wife has bought me an Xbox One S with Gears 4. I'm 99% sure.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Bible-Pounding Phony said:
I am trying to decide what to do next. My external drive is filling up, can't remember what size I bought but my system and external have a combined 75% used. I will probably get close after Christmas between any gifts and end of year sales... There's probably some stuff I could uninstall but I know some people claim you can hook up more than one drive, so maybe I just find another big one and hook a second drive.

You can add another drive. I'm fairly sure you can use as many drives as the system has USB ports. It just combines all the drives into one big one.