Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

XFL Returning 2020

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
KingPK said:
The kickoffs are...interesting.

It looks like the receiver is just one hole away from a touchdown every time. I’m checking in and out here and there.

My brother and I blindly have $5 on the game... little did I know beforehand that the Dragons are already considered the worst in the league.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
They need to work on the audio mix because the live mics, the crowd and the announcers all at once is a bit much, but they can fix that after a few games. This is not bad at all.

Cardale Jones looks solid out there.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I can already see the point after stuff growing on me as a tactic thing in terms of strategy along with everybody's favorite pasttime of second guessing coaching.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
This second half has been pretty good. The only overt WWE reference I've heard is Taker's gong going off on third down plays (though a lot of NFL teams do something like that).

Somebody go for three already.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
It's kinda hilarious that I've seen four XFL teams and they all seem to tackle better than 50% of NFL teams. Even the big hits are 100% clean.

I also love that we hear and see the replay official go through his process.

Staff member
Reaction score
The reason they tackle better is because almost all offensive players who didn't make it are not in the NFL specifically because they can't break tackles.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
It's cathartic to hear inside the booth and from the refs after all the bullshit of the NFL the past few years.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
LA is terrible no matter who is at QB. Houston is probably the best of the four teams that have played so far today.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/xfl-averages-33-million-viewers-saturday-debut-303816

yorak9hwe4g41.jpg

It's over. Vince failed.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
LA fired Pepper Johnson. Belichick disciples can't even make it in the XFL!

Also apparently Cleveland was a big market this weekend. The XFL: Make Suffering NFL Cities Care Again!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cardale Jones existence confuses the pundits who keep asking why northern Ohio was so interested in the first XFL game.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Hawk 34 said:
Cardale Jones existence confuses the pundits who keep asking why northern Ohio was so interested in the first XFL game.
This is actually pretty accurate as a lot of my friends said they're rooting for the Defenders because Cardale Jones.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
college stars who couldn't make it in the nfl being the draw for this league is something i couldn't believe but I guess that's a potential market?

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I've been surprised at how positive the response has been from the mainstream sports media for the most part. Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno who do the afternoon show on WFAN now had nothing but good things to say about the rules and the presentation.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Amy pats fan said:
I've been surprised at how positive the response has been from the mainstream sports media for the most part. Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno who do the afternoon show on WFAN now had nothing but good things to say about the rules and the presentation.

In my opinion anyway, I think it's a combination of this version being much more "normal" instead of the "football meets WWE" presentation of the original which makes it much more palpable to a general audience along with the fact that WWE is much more accepted in the mainstream nowadays so there's not the "that wrestling shit is polluting football!" take that you heard back then.

Plus, the football was actually pretty decent and there are a few recognizable players.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dan Orlovsky said on whatever show he guests that he doesn't like the microphones right after a play. He was speaking specifically about the McGloin thing. I forget his exact words but it was in the vein of "when we screw up a play we don't want to be asked about it in the heat of the moment."

God damn I never accepted something as fact as quick as I did when Orlovsky discussed a player's feelings after screwing up a football play.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
The XFL week 2 attendance numbers have been made official by the XFL, and the overall number for attendance is up almost 6,500 people to 76,285 (week one total 69,818).

Here’s the breakdown:
DC Defenders (2nd home game): 15,031
Seattle Dragons (1st home game): 29,172
LA Wildcats (1st home game): 14,979
Houston Roughnecks (2nd home game): 17,103

XFL week 2 #s via Showbuzz: Sat: NY/DC, ABC: 2.146M viewers, Tampa Bay/Seattle, Fox: 2.324M
Sun: Dallas/LA, ABC: 2.397M, STL/HOU, FS1: 1.359M

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Super entertaining game between Houston and Tampa right now. PJ Walker and Cam Phillips are becoming quite the offensive duo.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
KingPK said:
Super entertaining game between Houston and Tampa right now. PJ Walker and Cam Phillips are becoming quite the offensive duo.

Agreed and Houston is becoming almost a must watch team. For a league that needs stars to latch on to, Walker/Phillips are a perfect duo.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Putting a team in St. Louis might have been the smartest thing they have done. That crowd was big and ready to have a team to cheer again. The reverse on the kickoff was awesome too.

LA also finally woke up and beat the shit out of Washington.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
KingPK said:

aldo01.jpg

Really glad Justin Credible is making it in football

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
XFL has suspended the remainder of their season. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
XFL has a player with coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/xfl/2020/03/14/xfl-seattle-dragons-player-tests-positive-coronavirus-quarantined/5050221002/