Author Topic: WWE SuperCard! v2  (Read 35150 times)

Description:

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
WWE SuperCard! v2
« on: July 01, 2015, 04:52:43 AM »
Original thread: http://www.therealtsm.com/index.php?topic=10173.0

Yeah, looking at their official forums, it is only going to be worse bringing that stuff in game.  Not looking forward to that...

Winning pieces of the card concerns me, if you have to like, pull puzzle pieces at random.  Have this sinking feeling I will keep pulling the same piece and not get to finish the card...

I already have a spare Fusion Bryan single (Just fed the Pro'd one to my Reigns, as now male Fusions are getting too weak for my deck), so hopefully I can get a WM Fusion immediately.
[img width=800

Fan: WHY CAN REY BEAT BIG GUYS BUT NOT KIDMAN
Kevin Nash: Kidman wears a wife beater

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
Re: WWE SuperCard! v2
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:12:24 AM »
Yeah - I don't like that myself. I probably won't even look at the chat.

I downloaded the update but looks like most of the features aren't live.
Show loose women what I'm workin' with.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 05:23:19 AM »
I think I'm gonna use my solo Cena fusion to make a WM. Yeah, he's fully leveled but I'm impatient damnit.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 05:33:25 AM »
I'm now happy for having 3 of the Blassies :D

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 05:36:15 AM »
I got the upgrade done.  Have to get used to the new look of the lower panels.  Waiting to see when the Fusions actually trigger.  I am assuming two epics, one Leg, one SV, one WM and one SV Fusion, which should be easy and ready to go for me.  I was about to start an UR fusion but once I saw the update today, I went back to finish the lower end of the catalog (I have completed the catalog on Common, Uncommon and Super Rare Fusions but some reason I have yet to get ONE Cesaro, so I need two to complete that catalog).
[img width=800

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 06:42:08 AM »
Update is now live, starting my first WM fusion, and it has 2 possible divas AJ Lee and Lita

Offline fazzle

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:16 AM »
lol, if you wanted to hurry through the WM fusion itself, it would cost you almost an entire $100 credit pack.   That's fucking ridiculous.

Pregame for Ring Domination is up as well.   It appears you can only get rewards around your deck level and will use your 10 best cards, no divas needed.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:40 AM »
Looked at catalog, looks like the WM Fusion Diva is AJ AND Lita.  Superstars look like Hogan, Savage, HBK, Stone Cold, Rock, Warrior and Undertaker.  Looks like a Blassie too.

So more options
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 06:52:32 AM »
lol, if you wanted to hurry through the WM fusion itself, it would cost you almost an entire $100 credit pack.   That's fucking ridiculous.

Pregame for Ring Domination is up as well.   It appears you can only get rewards around your deck level and will use your 10 best cards, no divas needed.

People were doing that SV Fusion.  I remember seeing people dropping like $400 to get multiple pros within the first day.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 06:56:52 AM »
Wow...so, the supercard tumblr has more details, and it's going to be literally impossible to get a pro Zayn right now.   You can only get one, and you have to wait until the next Ring Domination (in 3 weeks, I assume) to get the other one.

Edit:  and OF COURSE someone already has a fusion AJ Lee up and running.    goddamn people, just send me the money instead.

Edit #2:  should include link to the tumblr post -   http://wwesupercardgame.tumblr.com/post/122965644029/the-ring-domination-update-is-live-wwesupercard

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 07:03:35 AM »
I was wondering why they only showed one card... curious what the SV and WM cards will be, as it looks like you only work on three cards.  Looks like for me I get the SV, then the standard Mania, then the Zayn.

Hoping I can get some pros with the other two.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 07:06:41 AM »
It'd be cool if the SV and regular WM cards were random.  It'd make it a more "social" event (what'd you get?!  what'd you get?!  I got this!) and would make it so there wasn't a sudden flood of a certain pro.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 07:17:03 AM »
I agree.  Would think that would be easy enough for the programming of the game.  I just have SO many singles after getting another one with Brock last night, I feel the need to pro someone. I have 15 total singles... Already max leveled singles I have Cena, Andre, Sheamus, Kane, Booker, Jey Uso and Nikki with untrained ones of Brock, Bryan, Cesaro, Dolph, Barrett, Edge, Miz and RVD.

My deck for Ring Domination appears to be the 8 WM RTG pros (Bret, HHH, Bryan, Seth, Kane, Neville, Owens, Reigns) with my WM pros of Bray and Flair.  What is everyone else's looking like?
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 07:27:30 AM »
my deck is RTG Pro Neville, Owens, Kane and Roman, WM Pro Bryan, SV Fusion Pro Ambrose, Roman (x2), SV Pro HBK and Rock.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 08:05:25 AM »
My domination deck atm is WM Pro Bryan, Edge SV Fusion Pro Ambrose, Bryan SV Pro Rock, HBK, HHH, Edge, Stardust, RVD

Gonna try and get my RTG Reigns lvled and pro'ed before it starts so he'll take over the top spot there and knock RVD off.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »
lol, someone ALREADY has a Fusion Pro Rock

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 08:56:28 AM »
Just launched my first Mania Fusion.  Let the fun begin.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »
Got anything in particular you're hoping for?  I'm still on the Blassie train.  I NEED some kind of high level Blassie.  I have never gotten one above Epic.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 10:39:11 AM »
I am probably thinking Blassie at first because it will be a good while until I can launch another WM Fusion anyway, seeing next highest free Fusion card I have right now is one Super Rare.
[img width=800

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 01:21:43 PM »
The more I think about it, yeah, I want Blassie first because then I can use one of the two from my deck to make another Fusion.

Just launched my new KOTR.  Unless there is a hider, looks to be 7 people.  One has a PCC Paige avatar but looks like a single.

One nice new thing, it shows in the matchup screen now if you got the special ability boost, so a little clarity on those frustrating "we drew the same card" match ups.  Still frustrating but at least they explain themselves now.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 02:20:03 PM »
apparently the Lita fusion shows up as a Paige pic, unless they fixed that already

Offline fazzle

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »
Just made back to back KOTR finals!   I got lucky as my SF opponent didn't bother to energize or boost

Offline JHawk

• Jim Cornette Guy
  • CXF Writer
  • Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
    • Smart Mark Radio
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
lol, someone ALREADY has a Fusion Pro Rock

And shit like this is why I've played this game less and less.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 02:16:23 PM »
Ended up coming in second place as the other guy actually cared if he won and quad boosted for some reason.   Got an Eve as my reward.  Not a pro, but at least it's another chance for a pro diva at some point down the road.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 08:28:26 PM »
So it looks like it's going to be REALLY damn hard to complete this event for free.  You really should get more than 2 pulls for a win.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »
I was hoping it wasn't just me thinking this is ridiculous.  I've lost two games so far out of maybe 7.  I've revealed one piece.  Not thinking this is for me...
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
Hell I've only WON three games so far, and yeah, only unveiled 1 piece.    I assume it's possible that you could run through this really fast if you got really lucky and picked the right shard every time, but at the rate it's going, I'll be lucky to get the regular WM card, let alone Zayn.

I think if they're going to do it this way, they need to get rid of the match timer, even if it means having to grind through a few additional cards.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 08:39:24 PM »
I always hated reading the forums and having people talk about the cash grab but the reveal of this game, their reason for splitting up the rewards and the WM Fusions all scream it to me.  And yeah, it's a business and that's the point but I wasn't too into the game until RTG where I could do well.  I really don't even have faith I will find the 30+ pieces of the SV card at this rate.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 08:41:12 PM »
I've also noticed that if you were to spend money on this mode, you'd be an idiot to buy matches.   For 100 credits you can buy 5 matches, and even if you won all of those, you'd only get 10 picks.  Or you can spend 100 credits and just flat out buy 20 picks.

They actually reward you more for NOT playing the game in this mode.

Edit:  It's a shame they've completely fucked the balance as far as earning rewards goes, because I actually enjoy the game part of this new mode.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 10:33:52 PM »
Ya the gameplay is interesting, combining a tic-tac-toe-ish strategy with the standard War element of the game.
Starvenger

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 11:12:25 PM »
At epic tier I am finding it quite easy strategy wise... I'm 8-0 and none were all that close, but holy crap no pieces pulled. Frustrating.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 11:52:58 PM »
I'm actually in an interesting situation, as I don't have any yellow down cards and only have a LG Pro Ziggler and a LG Fuze Ziggler for the yellow up.  Thus I'm still trying to work on a good left-right strategy.  Currently I start middle-left or middle-right depending on whether I have more lefts or rights, respectively.

My SV Pro Bray is my only high leverage card, and I try to place that second if the situation is favourable.
Starvenger

Offline starvenger

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 12:40:27 AM »
Game 42 and finally clinched a playoff spot in my SV KOTR, and unfortunately it looks like I'm facing a player with WM and SV Fuze Pros in the QF. 

It's probably just my weaker deck but SV seems a lot tougher than LG was.  Feels like people are using the strategy I employed at LG and "dropping down" a level to gain more SV cards, balancing out their strong cards with some commons.
Starvenger

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 02:27:14 AM »
Well it took me almost a full board clear to get my first piece revealed, but the second one only took 2 matches so that made up for it a bit, this is def gonna come down to major luck.

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 03:38:33 AM »
Well the good news is the more pieces you reveal the easier it is to get the additional so really the hardest/worst part is when you're just starting off a card.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 03:41:16 AM »
Yeah, but at 36 pieces per card, it will take SO DAMN LONG until you get to that easier second half.    They either should have made it ~20 shards per card or eliminate the match timer.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 03:44:01 AM »
Indeed, or at least a shorter timer, but at least when you do reveal a piece it stays off in the picking process as well, so each piece gone makes one less to choose from there so the further along you get the less time it will take to find the next piece,

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2015, 03:59:51 AM »
A strategy I am having some success with is putting my worst card dead center and then working from there.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2015, 04:14:28 AM »
I go by what arrows I have, then put my worst card in a spot where if it gets beat and by a card that I can't beat I will be able to at least retake my own card.

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2015, 05:08:55 AM »
Sounds like the rewards are the same.  In case anyone wants to be surprised, the SV card is
Spoiler: show
Miz

I have two shards.  Reading other sites, the deepest in I have heard someone is would be 11 shards, which still isn't halfway through the first card.
[img width=800

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2015, 06:15:26 AM »
I'm 8 in. This is looking like a major money grab. Come Sunday night people will be desperate.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 06:17:57 AM »
8? Damn, I'm still working on #3....

Offline Baby Shoes

• CXF Writer
  • Baby Shoes
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 06:36:44 AM »
fazzle, you just came up as my next challenger but it was after I used my last bout and I would have to sit on that screen for 12 minutes to play your deck...

Still sitting on 3 pieces.  Game mode is not bad but the progression is awful.  I honestly don't think I will even get the Survivor at this rate.
[img width=800

Offline fazzle

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2015, 07:49:27 AM »
Wow, I'm a freakin idiot.  I JUST realized that this mode allows you to use both your boost cards.  No wonder my W/L is so bad.

I've got 7 shards right now.    I really think the best option to fix this mode is adding a card and eliminating the match timer.   144 resets(on a 36 card board) over a weekend is no easy feat, but still doable without spending money.

What's your in game name anyway?  I don't really pay attention to the names I face, except a few times it's wanted me to face Ben Koh, and I remember that name from ALWAYS being on top of the PCCs

Edit:  Someone on reddit just posted this, and if they're right, it will make this event considerably easier.

The amount of cards you get from a shard is a hint as to how far away the reset shard is. Once you hit a shard that gives you more than one card, keep selecting shards in that quadrant and you will hit a reset much sooner. Either that or I'm going crazy.

Edit #2:  8 shards, and I just pulled my first pick doubler off the board.  I was starting to think those were purchase only.

Offline starvenger

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2015, 08:08:24 AM »
You're not alone - I do the same thing about 25% of the time still.

First time through, I'll give the designers some slack.  It's a pretty good sub-game - just needs some tweaks.

Then again, I play stuff like Catan, so maybe I'm just the patient type?
Starvenger

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 12:00:07 PM »
I don't think that multiple card hint is valid.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »
Yeah it hasn't really worked out too well for me either.  Oh well.

Offline CletusVanDamme

• BlackFlagg
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2015, 04:34:29 AM »
Well just got to the halfway point on Miz, yeah, if they don't make changes to this I prob won't even bother playing it next time. I know they use these events to make money, but by making it to difficult I think they're probably not making as much as they could.  The "I have to have It now!" types are gonna splurge as always, nothing new there, but if they made it possible to get to the end card without spending but needing to play pretty much every bout and only maybe missing a few here and there so those that can play that heavily will get it free but then there would be a bigger chunk of players that will come close and as the time is ticking down would realize they'd come up short and drop money on creds to make the final push.

Offline fazzle

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 05:41:22 AM »
I'm not even halfway into miz yet, only at like 15 or 16 pieces. now I'm starting to doubt that I'll even get the WM Stardust.

Meanwhile, someone on twitter posted a fully leveled Zayn, and it looks like he's the most powerful event card yet.   Nevermind this shit.   

Offline Mik

• Lightswitch Rave!
    • Neville Longbottom
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2015, 05:46:21 AM »
I got my first card, Ultra Rare Edge. It gets easier... now I'm back at the beginning on Epic and ugh the beginning sucks so bad.