Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sports / Re: Interesting Rarely Known Sports Facts/Tidbits Thread
« Last post by Harley Quinn on Today at 08:30:25 AM »
Looking at the past NFL Combine results and TE Shannon Sharpe was a freak at 221 pounds: 4.67 40, 34" Vertical Jump, 122" Broad Jump, and a 4.55 Shuttle (solid time for a guy who probably never did that drill in his life before).
Wrestling / TWIW 4/23-4/29: Countdown to the GREATEST RUMBLE!
« Last post by cobainwasmurdered on Today at 06:22:35 AM »
Raw Preview : Quick Hits http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2018-04-23
The Conqueror cometh
Superstar Shake-up aftermath
Will Stephanie McMahon continue to overrule Kurt Angle’s decisions?
Could we soon have “Woken” Raw Tag Team Champions?
From Peter King at SI

"Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (4), Indianapolis (6), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). "This is not your typical draft,' said one veteran club official Sunday. 'The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds."
TV/Film & Literature / Re: In Which I Review Movies
« Last post by cobainwasmurdered on Today at 04:19:56 AM »
I have no idea what he's talking about but I'm sure if you look for it you can find it if you want.
Wrestling / Re: Impact Wrestling Redemption
« Last post by angry.walls.that.steal.the.air on Today at 02:38:55 AM »
I don't watch this show, but I like Penta a lot, so good on him!
TV/Film & Literature / Re: I Just Watched... (Movies/TV/DVD)
« Last post by RedJed on Today at 02:38:03 AM »
Caught a handful over this weekend in the theaters....

Super Troopers 2: This has a large appeal locally as three showings on Friday sold out locally (wtf? didnt expect this) so we ended up driving an hour away to catch it. It was ok but it felt like they didn't think this story out very well as it didnt have the same cult charm as I think the first did. It had funny parts but not iconic quotes or scenes that I even will remember weeks later. Glad they finally did a sequel though, just expected more from it.

Genesis: This was, I think, some Aussie or UK import that actually was pretty well done for what it was. I hadnt heard of virtually anyone in this, though. Effects were pretty well done for this post-apocolyptic sci-fi and I enjoyed the twists and turns of the story. Had some good themes going too, regarding ethics behind AI technology taking off as an example. Feels like it was being set up for a trilogy of films as there was a massive cliffhanger at the end. Probably one of those VOD films that never should have made a theatrical release, though. It was playing at one theater in the Twin Cities with one showing a day.

You Were Never Really Here: This was fucking strange, yet thought provoking at parts. Overall a psychotic adventure of a film though. Joaquin Phoenix should maybe even get an award for this role as it was his most ambitious and extreme to date. The storytelling was wonderful how they slowly broke down the backstory of the main character and explained things in a way to where you slowly gained stronger sympathy for that character for sure. Go out of your way to see this, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Who Killed Cock Robin: A Taiwan import I saw at an international film festival. Really good noir murder mystery stuff in this. Try and seek it out if you can find it anywhere, it really could and maybe should be remade in the states.
Wrestling / Re: Puro Love & Resources V2
« Last post by angry.walls.that.steal.the.air on Today at 02:28:35 AM »
Great photo of the late Mrs Baba..

TV/Film & Literature / Re: I Just Watched... (Movies/TV/DVD)
« Last post by RedJed on Today at 02:15:40 AM »
Yeah, Rampage is the definition of a typical hollywood summer action-fest to me, and with that said, shocked it didnt get moved to summer. It's the quintessential turn your brain off and enjoy popcorn flick. Plus I think this specifically appeals to the type of 30+ age year old who grew up playing the game like crazy too, as there was a lot of wink wink nudge nudge to those who were familiar with the really basic storyline that was told in the game. I liked that they brazenly just had the old Rampage game in the background of a few scenes too.

To me, this might not have been as cool and fun without the 3d element in tact, but it added another layer of fun to this. Like Gary said, they pushed the pg-13 limit on this with the gore and language factor. Plus it was a hoot that JDM basically roleplayed as Negan in this in alot of ways. I figure he must have done this in the middle of Walking Dead being filmed or something and he wanted to keep the Negan character going in his mind.

Overall, I enjoyed this for what it was
Wrestling / Re: Impact Wrestling Redemption
« Last post by RedJed on Today at 02:02:35 AM »
So I guess I was the only one who bought this huh? I still am hoping this company turns things around and since I've been seeing a far better product the past few months (granted, there was a bad week here and there but the work and angles have improved despite losing talent like crazy) I ended up getting it. They should really consider a different pricetag though, $40 is a bit excessive. They should try $20 for the Anniversary and see how that goes. Even $30 would be pushing it but much more easier to accept. They need to bite the bullet on the pricetag to try to get fans back. Doing $40 for ppvs is not going to cut it when the wrestling market has changed as it has.

Anyhow, I ended up being more entertained by this (as well as the preceding Lucha/Impact show in Nola) than anything in Impact in quite some time. While I didn't see any five star matches or anything, the booking on this ppv was not anything really offensive like past creative teams have done with the ppvs. No wacky finishes (except one that was botched) and overall good choices on who went over and how.

I was shocked that Pentagon went over (as good of a match as the Nola one was, btw) but I like the booking of it in that I think they might keep going heavy on this Lucha Underground vs Impact feud, in fact this should probably kick it off more on the weekly TV. Considering they are taping up to mid June this week and Lucha Underground starts in mid June again, I would guess there is some connection there. Plus having Pentagon as champion should get some more eyes on the product that wouldnt be there before. I think its nothing but a good thing.

As far as the rest of the card, the six man hardcore match was good and I loved the post-match, it reminded me so much of the Dreamer-Raven feud when Dreamer tied Raven up to the cage and let him have it. Edwards getting this edge to him is something long overdue and I dig it.

The other men's undercard matches all were good enough to not really complain too much. Eli Drake stood out as taking his ringwork to another step up in that match w/ LAX as he was really looking more athletic than ever, and I dig the new music. Steiner, for what its worth, didn't look god awful either but was clunky here and there. The opener was strong too up until the last two spots (both botched by Aerostar) but there must have been something with the left corner ringropes and turnbuckles as guys were having issues with it all night long.

The only glaring "eh" from this show was the two women's matches. They were just there and not really put together well. I do like though the idea of Tessa Blanchard giving the really weak women's division a boost as it's needed.
MMA/Boxing / Re: The 2018 Upcoming and Rumored Fights Thread
« Last post by Lord of The Curry on Today at 12:38:20 AM »
Askren from what I understand still has contractual obligations to ONE that would need to get sorted out first but both guys seem to want the fight. Which is not a good look for Ben to be honest. The guy had his entire career of beating up C-level competition in Asia to pipe up and say something and now that he's "retired" he's running his mouth about wanting to fight the best.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10