Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wrestling / Re: TWIW 1/22 - 1/28: RAW 25
« Last post by what.the.hell.have.i on Today at 03:28:40 AM »
Jesus, Sunny is a bitter old hag.. http://www.gerweck.net/2018/01/22/sunny-comments-on-candice-lerae-signing-with-nxt/

Sunny comments on Candice LeRae signing with NXT

"She was signed to Development right? Which means she's too ugly to ever make the big show. Unless they give the girl some major plastic surgery IE Bayley. Sorry had to be said"

Bayley had plastic surgery?
At first I thought she was insinuating that the reason Bayley hasn't "made it" on Raw is because she's ugly... but reading it again it does sound like she's saying Bayley had work done. No idea what, though, as she looks exactly the same to me as she did in NXT.
« Last post by what.the.hell.have.i on Today at 03:26:52 AM »
English pronunciation is different than Japanese. Shit, do you pronounce Hayabusa right (hi-ub-uh-sah) or Anglicized (hi-uh-boo-sah)?
I don't see what English vs Japanese pronunciations have to do with it when they're telling you exactly how to pronounce her name every time she's on TV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ryu is a different case altogether. If you're only seeing it in print, and never hear it said aloud, then it's easy to mispronounce. I knew several kids who swore that Magento's name was pronounced Magnet-Oh and they didn't change their tune until the animated series came out where you actually heard people say Mag-Nee-Toh.

As far as Hayabusa goes, I've been watching FMW tapes since the 90s, so yes I pronounce it properly. :P
Games, Tech & Toys / Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ
« Last post by cobainwasmurdered on Today at 03:25:09 AM »
looks fantastic
Sports / Re: CXF Football Dynasty: Year 6 - 2018 Rookie Draft
« Last post by Harley Quinn on Today at 03:23:23 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Done :)
TV/Film & Literature / Re: 2018 Oscars
« Last post by Harley Quinn on Today at 03:19:25 AM »
Yeah, I mentioned it in the Doc thread I think but it's a good watch.

Kinda sad that Hugh Jackman/Patrick Stewart didn't get any love for their work in Logan though.
« Last post by Baby Shoes on Today at 03:19:01 AM »
There was this weird bittersweet feeling about last night to me.  Like, I was so hyped early with JR/King opening from Manhattan and then the McMahon/Stone Cold segment.  Then it was all downhill from there.

Agree with everyone else that the cameos were just dull and out of place.  I honestly expected the women to come out with the face team when they all waited on stage for Asuka.  Would've still made more sense than the stand and wave, especially when some of those ladies had theme music no one heard before.

The "freak show" segment in the back was flat and not as fun.  The poker was just a lesser version of the skit they always do and the Ron Simmons DAMN bit isn't even fun any more because that is one that they beat into the ground every time they do one of these shows.

To me, I think some of my frustration came from the missed opportunities and it seemed like guys were unfamiliar.  Like, I love Christian but seeing the host of the segment did squat, why did they do the Peep Show?  Throw him in something else and make that the Brother Love show.  They knew he'd get that reaction, he destroyed that poll for who people were most excited for and if they want to argue that was a smarky crowd voting - they were in the venue that they killed over the summer for too many smarks on an anniversary show... they knew who was in the crowd.

I do and don't feel for the Manhattan Center crowd.  For some reason I thought they were doing first hour from there but no idea where I got that from.  The thing I just go back to is - WWE knew that was going to be the most diehard of the diehards so I think they thought they were rewarding them with Undertaker and DX and Ramon but just another sign of how tone-deaf they are that the company thought that what they trotted out would be sufficient for that crowd.  Honestly, watching how old and hobbled those guys were like Roaddogg and Hall made me sad.  Like, I know Hall is in much better shape now than he was but he looked like he struggled to move at times.  Same with Flair.  I really don't want to see him on camera anymore.  He looked and sounded so old and frail now... it just made me sad.

The one guy I felt bad for was MVP because it felt there was zero reaction on his reveal but I guess it makes sense.

Lowkey - one moment I loved was the Manhattan Center chanting 1-2-3 for Waltman.  Think it caught him off guard too but I was hoping for more moments like that at this show.
TV/Film & Literature / Re: 2018 Oscars
« Last post by Zetterberg is Go on Today at 03:05:03 AM »
Was a catalyst as well for Russia being banned from the upcoming Winter Games so had quite the impact.
So they told Giannis before Kidd? Weird. Wouldn't think they would do that.

Usually they do that to make sure they don't piss off the star but surprised he was championing for him to stay - other than Giannis is too nice.

Honestly, I would think this means Kidd is done.  To me, he is disappointing as a coach.  I thought he would be really good transitioning into this but I feel like he is a high-paid prop/mascot sitting on the bench and usually lets the assistant really coach.
« Last post by ViciousFish on Today at 02:54:43 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I've always thought Candice was pretty.

She is. Sunny’s just a bitter old cunt who looking for a headline so she can make another $40 flashing her jizz tank on a webcam so fans can see what HBK did when he fucked her.
« Last post by geniusMoment on Today at 02:52:32 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I've always thought Candice was pretty.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10