Author Topic: The Trump Presidency v2  (Read 13918 times)

Description:

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency v2
« Reply #400 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:01 PM »
I think there might be an elected Democrat somewhere so this is totally not another giant waste of time and money. The totally nottest.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #401 on: October 25, 2017, 08:48:30 AM »
"Funded by Democrats" has become "completely made up by Democrats" on social media. Dissenting voices are choosing to leave rather than fight. None of these are good developments.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 25, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »
Liberally media fighting back with "Trump's team was in contact with Wikileaks"

I am shocked that both parties tried to dig up dirt on a political opponent. Shocked.

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2017, 01:44:52 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/01/trump-tax-reform-mnuchin-cohn-244419?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

“Key administration officials, including Secretary Mnuchin and Gary Cohn, will be staying back from the trip to Asia to remain vigilant and making sure the tax cuts pass,” the president told reporters during a Cabinet meeting at the White House. “So if I have any problems, I will be blaming Mnuchin and Cohn. Believe me, they’ll be hearing from me.”
---

I also read that he was asked by Ryan what they should name the tax plan bill and he wants (insists) it be called the "cut cut cut" plan.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

The Clinton campaign had been in full control of the Democratic Party since the summer of 2015 and systematically siphoned all fundraising nationwide, even for that of state parties and downballot candidates, into their presidential campaign. This would explain why every mouthpiece the party threw out had their heads so far up their asses during the primary season, actively stifling a candidate who was creating excitement within the electorate. It also explains the resounding losses around the country to an extent.

Online Damaramu

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 02, 2017, 08:01:19 AM »
God I hate politics.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline 👹

• BZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 02, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »
See!

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 02, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »
this is why we needed Trump so

Offline Old school tough guy

• PosterFest Winner
  • Your POV
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2017, 01:46:30 AM »

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2017, 03:27:56 AM »
Props to the Twitter employee shutting down Shitbag's account on the way out of their last day on the job. That shit's a mega-sized version of the quitting scene in Half-Baked.

Offline Youth N Asia

• 2016 Death Pool Reaper
  • STRONG STYLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2017, 03:38:58 AM »
Props to the Twitter employee shutting down Shitbag's account on the way out of their last day on the job. That shit's a mega-sized version of the quitting scene in Half-Baked.

And of course cuntmouth took that as an opportunity to claim that they shut him down because he's spouting too much truth.

I cannot even begin to fathom how people are still buying this act. I know some are already pot committed and feel like they have to stay in. But it's not too late for semi-reasonable people to understand that he's mentally unfit.

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #411 on: November 03, 2017, 03:42:43 AM »

And of course cuntmouth took that as an opportunity to claim that they shut him down because he's spouting too much truth.

I cannot even begin to fathom how people are still buying this act. I know some are already pot committed and feel like they have to stay in. But it's not too late for semi-reasonable people to understand that he's mentally unfit.

There's your problem. You're vastly overestimating how much of the populace/how much of Trump's base or followers are in that segment.

Online 209

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 03, 2017, 04:03:33 AM »
Trump's base is also overestimated. There are a lot of people who voted for him and approve of him because he isn't Hillary, not because they like him.

Next year's elections will hopefully show this.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 03, 2017, 04:51:55 AM »
I'm glad somebody still has confidence in the American Voter.

Online 209

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 03, 2017, 05:01:04 AM »
I'm glad somebody still has confidence in the American Voter.

I don't, but they can flip seats in some specific areas where people aren't so dumb. I also have some confidence that the Democrats won't send empty suits out there anymore.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #415 on: November 03, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »
The party being back in control of itself will help a lot. It's hard to see now, but one year out from the midterms, I'm optimistic that many (not all, but many) of the strategic brainfarts of 2016 will not be repeated.

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 03, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/fivefifths/status/926623646533156864

Vann R. Newkirk II‏Verified account
@fivefifths
Follow Follow @fivefifths
More Vann R. Newkirk II Retweeted The Hill

“Actually, the air is too clean” was not a take I was ready for

The Hill‏Verified account
@thehill
Follow Follow @thehill
More
New chairman of Trump EPA science board says air quality in the US is too clean http://hill.cm/4NNN09Q

• KOAB
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2017, 05:14:36 PM »

Online 209

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »
Damn people got fake news'd bigly on that one. There's a video of Abe doing it first too. There's plenty of things to get mad about without making shit up.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2017, 07:52:02 AM »
I wish the media could've talked about that "the air is too clean" remark instead.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #420 on: November 07, 2017, 03:38:01 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/07/omarosa-manigault-wedding-photo-white-house-dysfunction-244640

This White House is incapable of executing even the most basic parts of their jobs:
Aides in other departments didn’t know what the office did, and George Sifakis, who was named the office’s director in March, gave employees little direction or authority, said several officials. On many days, the staff — about a dozen aides — didn’t know what Sifakis was doing or what they were supposed to be doing, several officials said.

Sifakis declined to comment on the record. A Sifakis ally said many of the events went well, and that he had a far smaller staff than previous offices, but some White House officials don’t agree with that assessment.

"There was no organization, no calendar, nothing," one former official said.

For example, senior White House officials wanted statements from business and community groups to praise Trump at the 100-day mark of the presidency and help improve the news coverage, which Shitbag was obsessed about.

The office could not deliver the statements like the aides wanted. Staff members were also asked to count how many potential outsider advocates they’d met with, and it created something of a scramble because people were not keeping close tabs, several officials said. Eventually, they estimated an imprecise number for public reports because it was impossible to know, officials said.

Simple events sometimes went off the rails. When the president hosted the country's top teachers earlier this year, the Office of Public Liaison didn't have the Rose Garden or East Room like in years past, as it was already booked.

Instead, angry family members who believed they were going into the White House were held inside the Eisenhower Executive Office Building as teachers filed into the Oval Office for a photo, and were told they could watch on a small TV screen. Some family members grew upset, with others streaming into the long driveway or trying to enter the West Wing lobby.

After the event, aides were angry. "It was a total disaster," one person with knowledge of the planning said.

The White House offered a different version of events, saying many teachers were happy with the event and that some of those upset were likely union officials who didn't like the president regardless.
Those are just two examples given in the article. It opens with detailing a time when Omarosa Manigault (good Charleston name, by the way) brought her entire bridal party, said to be 39 in total, to the West Wing for a wedding party photoshoot but didn't tell anyone she was going to bring several dozen non-vetted people into the White House. What a shitshow:
The Apprentice villain turned senior White House official brought members of her 39-person bridal party to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for an extended wedding photo shoot, catching fellow senior aides and some security officials by surprise in her bridal attire. They loudly wandered around, looking to snap photos in the Rose Garden and throughout the West Wing, according to four current and former White House officials.

While it’s unclear if she received any formal permission for the photo shoot, at least some lawyers and other senior aides were not briefed in advance, the officials said. They quickly banned Manigault, the director of communications for the Office of the Public Liaison, from posting the pictures online, citing security and ethical concerns.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #421 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:32 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359279-trump-blasts-gillespie-over-va-loss-he-did-not-embrace-me-or-what-i-stand
President Shitbag blasted GOP gubernatorial candidate Ed Gillespie in a tweet Tuesday evening in an effort to distance himself from the Republican's losing effort in Virginia.

Shitbag's tweet knocking Gillespie came shortly after news outlets called the race for Democratic Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam, who looks to be on track for a comfortable victory.

"Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!" Shitbag said. 

The tweet from Shitbag, who is in South Korea on a 13-day multination tour of Asia, came hours after reports emerged that he had recorded a late robocall urging Virginia voters to support Gillespie in the race, which has become a national flashpoint in politics.

“Like me, Ed is tough on crime and on the border. Ed will protect your family from crime, drugs and violence — something Northam will never do," Shitbag said in the robocall. "With your help, Ed Gillespie will help make America great again, a phrase that I like a lot. Vote Ed Gillespie."

I really, really can't wait for the Republican party to abandon this fucker. He's shown to have little ability to help other candidates (when he tries anyway) which is a great sign for Democrats in 2018.

Dude worked in a plug for a golf resort he owns in an address to the South Korean national assembly just as I typed this. What a terrible speech, and he was late for it because of supposed last-minute work being done to make it better. That's not my opinion, even state apparatus Fox News reported it in a contrast to barely mentioning Republican gubernatorial losses.

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 11, 2017, 04:53:39 AM »
Brett J. Talley, President Trump’s nominee to be a federal judge in Alabama, has never tried a case, was unanimously rated “not qualified” by the American Bar Assn.’s judicial rating committee, has practiced law for only three years and, as a blogger last year, displayed a degree of partisanship unusual for a judicial nominee, denouncing “Hillary Rotten Clinton” and pledging support for the National Rifle Assn. On Thursday, the Senate Judiciary Committee, on a party-line vote, approved him for a lifetime appointment to the federal bench.
When Trump took office in January, there were more than 100 vacant seats on the federal courts, thanks to an unprecedented slowdown engineered by McConnell during the final two years of President Obama’s term. The Senate under GOP control approved only 22 judges in that two-year period, the lowest total since 1951-52 in the last year of President Truman’s term. By contrast, the Senate under Democratic control approved 68 judges in the last two years of George W. Bush’s presidency.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-judge-20171110-story.html

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #423 on: November 11, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »
It's cute how you're acting like that matters.

Offline Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß

• Live Tax Free or Die
  • everyone gets laid
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 11, 2017, 03:35:09 PM »
He's pointing out another slice of bullshit from Shitbag's run. That's pretty much what this thread is about.
occasionally streaming sexy things, click below for details

It gets insane, and really speaks to how dumded down we are

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 11, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »
Donald J. Trump — President of the United States
3 hrs ago
Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

--
sigh

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #426 on: November 11, 2017, 10:41:05 PM »
He's pointing out another slice of bullshit from Shitbag's run. That's pretty much what this thread is about.
Oh, I know.

... is the president really trying to imply he's never mocked Kim Jong-Un, or is he using the four year old tactic of "I didn't say those words so I was right?" I'd put $1,000 on the latter.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #427 on: November 11, 2017, 10:44:34 PM »
EDIT: I just realized Shitbag was trying to make a funny there. If you read his shit like a good comedian delivering the lines they're decent lines sometimes, but I know he'd read it like your fatass-trying-to-sound-badass grandfather who "really likes that show that makes fun of the nerds" on CBS.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #428 on: November 13, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »
Speaking to my posts earlier about how this perversion of reality is taking place and I can't avoid it where I work and live:

Posted in a prominent position today at work when I went in to get my check was an angry hand-written complaint about one of our tour guides who made a Jay Leno-level joke about a house on one of our tour routes that's had a Shitbag flag hanging out front since late 2015. They speak at length about how appalled they were and taken aback and how that kind of talk had absolutely no place on a tourist activity. Again, this was posted alongside other reviews tour guides have gotten, though it was off on its own since it was a sheet of paper rather than a printed fragment off of TripAdvisor or something. They said nothing political had any place on these things and it was highly offensive. Meanwhile we have horses named Drudge and Shitbag (real name of course), which I'm sure they'd find acceptable.

Ignoring that the people who bitch about anything which remotely casts any shadow upon the sterling name of Shitbag call others overly sensitive...

About a month and a half ago a scathing review was left of one of our tour guides on the other side, who got a complaint for what sounded like a much more comprehensively offensive tour where he insulted people who lived in low-income housing, said that governmental bureaucrats are trying to rewrite Confederate history, the UN and its ilk were at fault for "all this diversity we have to have now," and of course, some mild toe-dipping into the pool of "slavery wasn't so bad." To be fair, this tour guide did get in some hot water personally but suffered no punishment in the end.

My point is this: even though everyone knew about it or had read it on Yelp it wasn't put up for display while people defending Shitbag was front and center. That's is what I mean when I say that the signals and warnings are thrust into my face every day.

Also, this: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/13/donald-trump-black-veterans-215823

Offline cobainwasmurdered

• CWM
  • Admin
  • CWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 13, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/545738/

based wikileaks was used by the russians to pass along info to don trump jr.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #430 on: November 13, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »
NO, YA DON'T SAY

Even though I support Wikileaks in theory, it was clear they'd been co-opted in 2016, vis-a-vis the US election at least. The case just keeps on building.

EDIT: to add to that...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/360189-trump-tweeted-about-podesta-emails-15-minutes-after-wikileaks-asked

This is not the smoking gun, but there's something in the air that resembles smoke.

Online 209

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »
Speaking to my posts earlier about how this perversion of reality is taking place and I can't avoid it where I work and live:

Posted in a prominent position today at work when I went in to get my check was an angry hand-written complaint about one of our tour guides who made a Jay Leno-level joke about a house on one of our tour routes that's had a Shitbag flag hanging out front since late 2015. They speak at length about how appalled they were and taken aback and how that kind of talk had absolutely no place on a tourist activity. Again, this was posted alongside other reviews tour guides have gotten, though it was off on its own since it was a sheet of paper rather than a printed fragment off of TripAdvisor or something. They said nothing political had any place on these things and it was highly offensive. Meanwhile we have horses named Drudge and Shitbag (real name of course), which I'm sure they'd find acceptable.

Ignoring that the people who bitch about anything which remotely casts any shadow upon the sterling name of Shitbag call others overly sensitive...

About a month and a half ago a scathing review was left of one of our tour guides on the other side, who got a complaint for what sounded like a much more comprehensively offensive tour where he insulted people who lived in low-income housing, said that governmental bureaucrats are trying to rewrite Confederate history, the UN and its ilk were at fault for "all this diversity we have to have now," and of course, some mild toe-dipping into the pool of "slavery wasn't so bad." To be fair, this tour guide did get in some hot water personally but suffered no punishment in the end.

My point is this: even though everyone knew about it or had read it on Yelp it wasn't put up for display while people defending Shitbag was front and center. That's is what I mean when I say that the signals and warnings are thrust into my face every day.

Also, this: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/13/donald-trump-black-veterans-215823

Maybe you should move

Offline Brodypedia

• BruiserBrody
  • CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 14, 2017, 03:51:10 AM »
Jeff Sessions is hinting at starting an investigation into the Clinton Foundation. Now both sides can masturbate to news from investigators!

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 14, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »

Maybe you should move

I still dont know why people in New Orleans didnt just move to a different town before the Katrina so

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 15, 2017, 02:28:01 AM »
Not sure whether you were being facetious or not, snuff, but I don't, either. Although, full disclosure, between serving in the military myself, and being raised by parents who also served in the military, I've never really grokked the concept of 'roots.' The notion that I'm not going to leave a shitty place 'because it's my home' is completely alien to me.

• KOAB
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 15, 2017, 07:14:11 AM »

Maybe you should move

I still dont know why people in New Orleans didnt just move to a different town before the Katrina so

Formulating a plan over the course of the next year to move from your SHITBAG Region is the same as having to make an emergency move from the path of a Hurricane? Are you really that retarded underneath all your smug snark, my man?

• PosterFest Winner
  • Your POV
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 15, 2017, 07:25:06 AM »
post/user name

Online 209

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 15, 2017, 07:43:55 AM »
Not sure whether you were being facetious or not, snuff, but I don't, either. Although, full disclosure, between serving in the military myself, and being raised by parents who also served in the military, I've never really grokked the concept of 'roots.' The notion that I'm not going to leave a shitty place 'because it's my home' is completely alien to me.

My grandparents didn't care about roots either, it's a foreign concept in our family. They moved from Indiana and Ohio to here. Then their kids dispersed all over the place to areas that better suited them. My aunts who like that red state life moved to rural CA and Pennsylvania. Their kids don't and are now living in San Jose and Huntington Beach.

This country is a big place with some locations that are superior than others. Some really great locations, not to sound like a Trump. Over the course of a year or two you can chart your life to be around the kinds of people you want to be around. The people who you live around now will never change and that is not in your control.

Online Damaramu

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 15, 2017, 08:25:50 AM »
I moved away from Oklahoma then moved home. It's always felt like home. I can't really describe the feeling. However, I will say that all that's out the window with the bullshit the state government has been pulling and the bible thumpers every five feet.

If I didn't have a custody arrangement I would have probably moved out of here by now. If my son ever tells me he wants to live with me full time and we can get it done (he's only 7 but he's told his mom about 10x over the last year that he wants to live with me full time so we'll see how it develops as he gets older) then I'm moving the hell out of here. My company has an office in Mt. Laurel NJ (no thanks), OKC, Colorado Springs and Las Vegas. I'd try to transfer to Vegas or the Springs. ]

We're also always hiring field adjusters in the Bay Area. So I could move out to Oakland or San Fran but I just don't see how I can live out there on $90K a year from everything I've heard or read about the cost of living in the area.  Such a stark contrast because the supposed equal pay in my neck of the woods is $70k (which is what I make) and it makes me almost feel like a king in some aspects. I couldn't picture having that feeling on $90k in the Bay Area.
I watched RAW. I thought it sucked. The usual problems and such.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 15, 2017, 09:31:59 AM »

The bigger reason people didnt just leave the line of the hurricane was that they couldnt afford to. "Just move somewhere else then" is an example of our inability to acknowledge that other people are different than our own self. 

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 15, 2017, 09:33:53 AM »
The idea that thoughtless and/or heartless people only exist in certain pockets of the country is a theory that is flying several miles over my head. If that were the case, I dont think we would have the Congress, President, and Supreme Court that we presently do have.

• PosterFest Winner
  • Your POV
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 15, 2017, 09:38:28 AM »
...it's not about being thoughtless or heartless, it's about not wanting to be around a bunch of Trump lovers. His point of contention has always been that these people live in a political reality far different from his own. That definitely only exists in certain pockets of the country.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 15, 2017, 09:39:55 AM »
It is certainly an interesting theory.

• PosterFest Winner
  • Your POV
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 15, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »
Snuffy's posts are the worst in this folder, I'm glad KOAB finally called him out on it. I am also not surprised at all that Snuffy refused to acknowledge how wrong he was even after I pointed it out.

is an example of our inability to acknowledge that other people are different than our own self. 

This line is embarrassing, but also ironic because you're absolutely condescending towards anyone with a different viewpoint than you.

Offline snuffbox

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 15, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »
Here we go

Offline AA484

• CXF Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 15, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »
Bring back the bug jar!!!

Online 209

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 15, 2017, 11:50:42 AM »
The idea that thoughtless and/or heartless people only exist in certain pockets of the country is a theory that is flying several miles over my head. If that were the case, I dont think we would have the Congress, President, and Supreme Court that we presently do have.

Who said that?

It's hard to respond to that and defend myself because I didn't say anything contrary to what you just posted.

The bigger reason people didnt just leave the line of the hurricane was that they couldnt afford to. "Just move somewhere else then" is an example of our inability to acknowledge that other people are different than our own self. 

It's not an example of anything, it just seems like that's what you wanted it to be. The best thing about this country is that you can move to locations where you are more suited to the people that surround you. Nothing out there is perfect exactly. But there are a lot of places where a boss who was a Trump lover to the degree that has been described here would not be able to operate their business. For the record my state assemblyman is a Republican, so I know for a fact that there are lots of Republicans in this country and I don't need to be told that. I also know that around here you could never treat people the way it has been described in this thread. Or name business items lovingly for Trump. Ever.

It is a life decision to stay somewhere like that and be treated that way. In no way is it comparable to people who lost their homes during a hurricane when levees were built that were supposed to withstand the event, and I don't know why you said that. It doesn't really make sense.

This country is divided in a way that there are large pockets of people on each side, and plenty of room to go live in either of them. Naturally, the more red/blue the area you live, the more the ideologies of those people will persist throughout your community. The areas most people live in are so separate from each other that this might as well be two different countries.

Offline Kotzenjunge

• looptid
  • Kotzenjunge
    • View Profile
    • A site I wrote.
« Reply #447 on: November 15, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »
If you think there's a place in the US to move where racism and intolerance don't exist, you've fallen for our convenient bipolar political narrative. Just because you don't see Shitbag flags around where you live doesn't mean those people aren't right next door, they just know it's outside the norms of their locality to fly one. There's a lot of behavior which was percolating underneath the surface and all it needed was a public vessel to make them feel safe in vocalizing what they always thought privately.

I'll bet I'd get just as many "looks around to see who can hear them because here comes some racist shit" motions if I lived out in California. "Depends on what part" may be your response, but doesn't that alone say something about how there is no place where one can escape? What about the liberal northeast, you may wonder. When I overhear people with thick New England accents talking to one of our guides after a tour asking "they abolished slavery, what else do they want?" and I get complaints for mentioning slavery during tours from people from Indiana, New Jersey, California, and Washington state, tell me where the fuck these supposed pockets of ration exist.

You can say selection bias may be at work because maybe racist fucks like visiting places which are historically full of racist fucks. However, with as much informal data as I've accumulated in over three years of doing this the Red/Blue narrative doesn't hold up when it comes to giving the most basic respect to people who are our fellow humans who happen to have different melanin levels in their skin. Oh, people from blue states will certainly agree with me on health care, labor laws, that Shitbag's a dumbass, and likely a majority of everything else but --

Problem is, red and blue don't matter when talking about this topic though because the true color that Americans care about is white and this is not breaking news.

Offline 👹

• BZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2017, 01:07:48 AM »
I think you’re less likely to be around the type of people you’re around now if you moved. No one is saying racism doesn’t exist in blue states but those convos are less likely. And maybe they’re just hiding what they really think, which still helps

Offline Mr. S£im Citrus

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 16, 2017, 03:17:24 AM »

The bolded part is fair. The rest of that? Ehh...

If you think there's a place in the US to move where racism and intolerance don't exist, you've fallen for our convenient bipolar political narrative. Just because you don't see Shitbag flags around where you live doesn't mean those people aren't right next door, they just know it's outside the norms of their locality to fly one. There's a lot of behavior which was percolating underneath the surface and all it needed was a public vessel to make them feel safe in vocalizing what they always thought privately.

I'll bet I'd get just as many "looks around to see who can hear them because here comes some racist shit" motions if I lived out in California. "Depends on what part" may be your response, but doesn't that alone say something about how there is no place where one can escape? What about the liberal northeast, you may wonder. When I overhear people with thick New England accents talking to one of our guides after a tour asking "they abolished slavery, what else do they want?" and I get complaints for mentioning slavery during tours from people from Indiana, New Jersey, California, and Washington state, tell me where the fuck these supposed pockets of ration exist.

You can say selection bias may be at work because maybe racist fucks like visiting places which are historically full of racist fucks. However, with as much informal data as I've accumulated in over three years of doing this the Red/Blue narrative doesn't hold up when it comes to giving the most basic respect to people who are our fellow humans who happen to have different melanin levels in their skin. Oh, people from blue states will certainly agree with me on health care, labor laws, that Shitbag's a dumbass, and likely a majority of everything else but --

Problem is, red and blue don't matter when talking about this topic though because the true color that Americans care about is white and this is not breaking news.

Alternatively, you could also stop living around white people?