Author Topic: NY Times: "Fuck You, Guy Fieri."  (Read 6174 times)

Description:

Offline NoCalMike

• Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • EVIL EPISODES PODCAST!
Re: NY Times: "Fuck You, Guy Fieri."
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
My friend told me about a place in SF called "House of Prime Rib" I may have to give that place a whirl next time I am in the bay...
Get your TV Horror Fix w/the Podcast EVIL EPISODES! Listen at:
http://www.legionpodcasts.com/
http://www.horrorphilia.com

Offline GAYGENT OF OBLIVION

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »
Oh my fucking god I miss mofongo. I was there for a week and ate mofongo like 9 times.

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »
MOFONGO WILL BE MY NEXT FOOD EXPERIMENT. SO LET IT BE WRITTEN.

Offline 👹

• BZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »
I hate mofongo

• Go Gators
  • Faded as fuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 03:14:50 AM »

Offline Amy pats fan

• P dot Roy
  • THUGBUTT CHEATERS
  • hashtag trashbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 12:58:36 PM »
Somebody bought the domain www.guysamericankitchenandbar.com and made a mock menu

Football:  The Meal sounds pretty rad

Offline #The Return

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 01:35:44 PM »
This article from a couple of years ago has some gems about Guy

http://www.citypages.com/2011-10-12/restaurants/guy-fieri-in-diners-drive-ins-and-disasters/

But as his star power grew, Fieri stopped returning Page's phone calls. When NBC hired Fieri to film the primetime game show Minute to Win It, Guy started canceling shoots with Page. A posse of friends—a bawdy band of homeboys with names like Gorilla, Kleetus, and Dirty P.—trailed Guy everywhere, and his manager, Tom Nelson, took to calling himself "the consigliore." The group became known as the Garlic Mafia, and Fieri styled himself as the mob boss.

"You have to protect Guy from all of his poop jokes," Page says. "Anytime any woman mentioned 'cream,' Guy went into a sexual riff. When cutting the show, you had to tell the editors to watch Guy's eye line, because it's always on breasts."

Offline what.the.hell.have.i

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »

Trendy Brooklynites love to grab an ironic dining experience at Guy Fieri's restaurant in Times Square, but what would they think if Guy made plans to open a branch in their neighborhood?

Late Night Basement host Chris Rose takes to the streets of Williamsburg to spread the word about a fictional Guy Fieri restaurant opening up nearby. NOTE: There is no known Guy Fieri restaurant coming to Brooklyn.
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

Offline Lord of The Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2013, 09:40:36 AM »
The Triple D he shot in Toronto has been underwhelming so far, mainly due to the type of places he chose. Like, The fucking Lakeview? That place is only good if you're in the area and shitfaced at three am and even then there's better food close by. Hopefully the city gets redeemed when he goes to Stockyards.

Offline what.the.hell.have.i

• •d•u•b•q•
  • Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
lmao he did the Lakeview? Jesus..
You should probably put your bandit hat on now.

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »
Hey Meatball! was a good choice because their shit is right. A few other choices (Bloor Street Diner, Rosedale Diner) are questionable. Stockyards was a good one, easily the best bbq in town.

I'm just glad he didn't do Burgers Priest. Most overrated eatery in Toronto. I have quite a few restaraunt owners/chefs from some big name places that come into my bank and it seems that place is kinda that laughing stock of the culinary scene.

Offline starvenger

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
Wondering if they were trying to avoid places Bourdain went to on the Layover (which included the aforementioned Burgers Priest and Caplanskys)

Also assuming that locations are also based on who is willing to shut down for a day or so to accomodate filming.
Starvenger

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »
John Catucci also was at Caplansky's for You Gotta Eat Here.

Offline starvenger

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:57 AM »
Do they even get that show in the US? 

Caplansky's been on Dragon's Den at least twice as well.  Maybe he's just a publicity whore.

Speaking of which, we got some Caplansky's delivered to us at work - brisket, grilled beef salami and turkey.  Good stuff, but I think I like Switzer's better.
Starvenger

Offline devo

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2014, 12:51:51 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/dining/restaurant-review-the-bistro-at-villard-michel-richard-in-midtown.html?ref=dining

This one isn't as devastating, but it's worth reading just for the below paragraph.

What Villard Michel Richard’s $28 fried chicken does to Southern cooking, its $40 veal cheek blanquette does to French. A classic blanquette is a gentle, reassuring white stew of sublimely tender veal. In this version, the veal cheeks had the dense, rubbery consistency of overcooked liver. Slithering around the meat was a terrifying sauce the color of jarred turkey gravy mixed with cigar ashes. If soldiers had killed Escoffier’s family in front of him and then forced him to make dinner, this is what he would have cooked.

damn

Offline Smues

• Admin
  • Smuesicide
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2017, 04:54:50 AM »
We ate at Guy's American Bar and Grill this week!! They've had five years to improve and....its not god awful but it's not good. My food was edible, but my wife's was not. And the table was covered with a thin piece of brown paper, covering the table cloth that was dirty, and there was an extra table setting that was unclean, as well as my wife's knife was clearly dirty.

And when we left it was pointed out to me that no one in the restaurant looked happy. It sounds like a joke but I looked around and it was true. The only ones in their smiling besides the staff were us, and that's because we were in on the joke.

Oh and to no surprise they tried to charge me for my free drink. Fuckers.
I want Jimmy Fallon to be dead. That doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline Kahran Ramsus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
Rashad Jones who runs my favourite BBQ place (Big Lee's Serious About BBQ in Ocala) is currently on his latest show Guy's Big Project trying to get a new Food Network show.