Author Topic: The Metal Thread - Version 2  (Read 22371 times)

Description:

Offline CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
Re: The Metal Thread - Version 2
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »
New Mastodon. Their next album will be called "Emperor of Sand", and should be out by March 31st. Here's the album art and tracklist

01 – “Sultan’s Curse”
02 – “Show Yourself”
03 – “Precious Stones”
04 – “Steambreather”
05 – “Roots Remain”
06 – “Word To The Wise”
07 – “Ancient Kingdom”
08 – “Clandestiny”
09 – “Andromeda”
10 – “Scorpion Breath”
11 – “Jaguar God”

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

"This Whole Thing Smacks Of Gender," i holler as i overturn my uncle's barbeque grill and turn the 4th of July into the 4th of Shit

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Death Pool Winner
  • Epic Reine
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2017, 06:19:49 AM »
So the singer from As I Lay Dying allegedly tried to hire an undercover cop to murder his wife:

As I Lay Dying singer Tim Lambesis was arrested Tuesday (May 7) after allegedly soliciting an undercover police officer to have his estranged wife killed.

According to Reuters, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department learned that Lambesis sought an accomplice to kill his wife, and he was taken into custody in Oceanside, California, after reaching out to the detective.

"The information came to us late last week," San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell told Reuters. "We acted quickly on it. I believe that we averted a great tragedy."

Lambesis has said he considers himself to be a Christian and acknowledges that he finds inspiration for lyrical content from biblical texts. He is incredibly prolific, having released eight albums with As I Lay Dying between 2001 and 2012, as well as five releases via his solo side project Austrian Death Machine, where he sings and performs on all instruments. He also produced 11 albums for other artists and is part owner of Lambesis Studios.

Representatives from Metal Blade, the record label for As I Lay Dying, were not available for comment. There is no word on whether Lambesis already has an attorney.

In 2008, As I Lay Dying were nominated for the Best Metal Performance Grammy for their song "Nothing Left." As I Lay Dying's 2012 album Awakened peaked at #11 on the Billboard albums chart, while 2010's The Powerless Rise hit #10, and 2007's An Ocean Between Us debuted at #8.

Back in '07, Lambesis talked to MTV News about Ocean and how, lyrically, it deals with the idea that "we no longer have the same dreams as the rest of the world, that all of the qualities of life that it seems we're taught we should focus on, whether it be money or a certain type of education or a certain type of job — the dreams that are handed down to us — it's about how we have nothing in common with those dreams anymore. It's about the whole idea of fulfillment — if you do these things and take these steps, you will be happy — and how really, wealth, the prestige of being in a band, all that stuff is ultimately meaningless."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1706977/as-i-lay-dying-tim-lambesis-murder-plot-arrest.jhtml

http://lambgoat.com/news/20444/Tim-Lambesis-bail-lowered;-steroids-blamed

"Roid Rage" is being blamed for the whole incident.

So this piece of shit is out of prison after only serving two years out of his six year sentence. He's also set to be married again. Who the fuck would wanna marry this lunatic?

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #352 on: February 19, 2017, 02:53:53 AM »
Money can cure/make people ignore a lot of things.

Offline CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 26, 2017, 07:37:10 AM »
So, the new Artificial Brain album

THIS IS SO GOOD YOU GUYS! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Also really digging the new Power Trip.

I AM THE CHEESE! I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!! I AM BETTER THAN BOTH THE SALAMI AND THE BOLOGNA COMBINED!!

"This Whole Thing Smacks Of Gender," i holler as i overturn my uncle's barbeque grill and turn the 4th of July into the 4th of Shit

Offline CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2017, 04:36:42 AM »

turned 15 yesterday

Offline Epic Reine

• Reine of Terror
  • Death Pool Winner
  • Epic Reine
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2017, 05:18:36 AM »

turned 15 yesterday

My friend just saw them live, he's a huge fan. I've seen them twice and they're pretty good.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2017, 09:16:40 AM »
For fucks sake. Adrenaline Mob's RV was struck by an 18 wheeler today. There are 3 people in good condition, 3 critical, 2 who declined medical attention, and 1 fatality. No names have been released.

http://www.gainesville.com/news/20170714/truck-slams-into-adrenaline-mobs-rv-on-i-75

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »
For fucks sake. Adrenaline Mob's RV was struck by an 18 wheeler today. There are 3 people in good condition, 3 critical, 2 who declined medical attention, and 1 fatality. No names have been released.

http://www.gainesville.com/news/20170714/truck-slams-into-adrenaline-mobs-rv-on-i-75

Bassist Dave Z confirmed dead.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Harley Quinn

• Admin
  • Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
    • View Profile
    • Culture Crossfire
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2017, 08:04:40 AM »
Cannibal Corpse dropped Red Before Black today.

Offline Nymyzys

• TRTSM's Color Commentator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 08, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
Symphonic Metal band Epica is releasing a concept EP about Attack on Titan.

Offline CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 09, 2017, 03:03:05 AM »
The new Converge is great, which comes to no surprise IMO. Other stuff I've enjoyed from this year:

-I discovered Artificial Brain, and posted about them before. Their new album is exactly the kind I'm looking for when it comes to Tech Death

-Speaking of Tech Death, Archspire's new album is pretty great. I didn't care for their prior albums (which I felt focused too much on Technical riffs and not enough on writing interesting songs) but they finally seem to have found out how to make interesting music.

-The new Enslaved is their best in years. Full on Progressive Metal that actually knows how to mix harsh and clean vocals. It's what I've wanted Opeth to be since "Harvest"

-Also among their best work-Ruins of Beverast and Fen. Hell, the new RoB album might be their best yet-and exactly what I want a more atmospheric Black Metal album to sound like in 2017, while Fen are embracing elements of prog without sacrificing their core sound and what makes them so special (see: Opeth and Cynic)

-If you don't mind the idea of an album that's one song that's over 80 minutes of Funeral Doom, then you might love the new Bell Witch. I dug it, but I'm not sure if it's their absolute best yet ("Four Phantoms" was incredible) so it might take another listen to fully embrace it

-Slam Death Metal normally isn't my kind of thing...at all. That being said, the new Analepsy album is really damn good, and it's nice to hear a band in this sub genre that isn't afraid to sometimes embrace things such as guitar solos. It's nothing mind blowing, but it's better than it has any right to be.

Offline WWE IS RICH AGAIN

• brock lock
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2017, 05:00:04 AM »
The lead singer of Nevermore, Warrel Dane died at 48. Huge shock as I thought Nevermore were a pretty great band and his vocals were fantastic.

RIP

Offline Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß

• Live Tax Free or Die
  • everyone gets laid
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2017, 06:45:21 AM »
Came here to say that. Nevermore was a hugely important band to me when I was growing up and was one of nearly favorites beyond the biggies of Metallica/Maiden/etc. Saw them live a few times and fucking loved each show.
occasionally streaming sexy things, click below for details

It gets insane, and really speaks to how dumded down we are

Offline CENA ❤️ ORTON

• I WILL NEVER "PIMP"
  • CXF Writer
  • Gary
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »
"Dreaming Neon Black" is one of those albums that, whenever I listen to it, I get something new out of it. RIP to a great vocalist.

Offline Detective Ventriloquist

• My name's not fucking Warren
  • Canadian Destroyer213
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2017, 11:26:47 AM »
Huge Nevermore fan. I got to meet him and them on the first Gigantor tour. Sanctuary was great, and his solo album was fantastic. He was working on his new solo album when he died. I'm so heartbroken over this one.
2012 TRTSM Fantasy Hockey Champion

Offline Slayer

• I have no lies or truth in what I say
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 13, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
Nevermore was one of my fav metal bands (obligatory link to my gush article about them way back when Agent and I did the metal alphabet) with DHIADW and TGE high on my favorite metal albums list.  I had been hoping that Nevermore would release a bounce-back album after the very underwhelming Obsidian Conspiracy, but alas.  The Sanctuary revival album from a couple years ago was alright but not quite the same.

Also today is the 16th anniversary of Chuck Schuldiner's passing, which I still remember where I was when I read about that.  Two of my favorites on the same day, how bout that