Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sports / Re: Later Ya'll (This Eternity in Baseball)
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 08:38:01 AM »
JT Realmuto wants out too

I totally understand trading Stanton because the club is deeply in debt, but that should have been about it as far as salary dumping goes.  Now they're going to trade young, arb eligible controllable players?  They have arguably the worst fanbase in MLB already

It really is amazing that the Marlins have only been around for about 25 years, won 2 world series in that short time period (only other teams in that time to win multiple IIRC are NYY, Bos, STL and SF.  Did I forget anyone?).....killed their fanbase's enthusiasm TWICE with the massive firesales right after winning them.....then some the fuck how got a taxpayer funded stadium out of it.  Like what in the fuck.  This is legit the worst of pro sports right there.

The only thing funny/sad about that is that teams like the Mets, Dodgers, Tigers, Rangers etc. have way more passionate fans and play in much better markets and have gotten this close and never gotten over the hump in that time.  And the F'n Marlins did it twice

I wonder if the long-term plan for this new ownership group is to move the team, but I can't see MLB allowing that any time soon considering they just built a brand new fucking ballpark

The fact that Loria fucked Montreal and MLB with the Expos, then fucked them again with the Marlins infuriates me to no end
Sports / Re: NFL Week 14: A Game the NFL Should Be Ashamed Of
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 08:24:58 AM »
That will never happen.  He can't afford it (NFL rules state that the lead owner must buy at least 30% of the team) and even if he could they would never approve him.  The team will probably go for $2.5-$3 billion.  Diddy's only worth like $820 million.  He has as much chance as Bon Jovi had of buying the Bills.

Yeah, but he could be the frontman for it if not majority owner.  He's connected with lots of filthy rich wall street mogul types.

That said, the NFL would never approve sale to an ownership group involving Kap, lol
Wrestling / Re: XFL to Return?!??!
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 08:19:39 AM »
I remember a huge turnout for the first game (HE HATE ME!) in my Freshman dorms and then nobody gave a shit.  It literally was a one week curiosity.  A lot of these dudes were wrestling fans at the time too.

I don't know, I thought it fucking sucked for a variety of reasons, the main one being quality of play.  Like, if I'm going to watch D league football Arena Football is way more fun
« Last post by Kahran Ramsus on Today at 08:17:50 AM »
That will never happen.  He can't afford it (NFL rules state that the lead owner must buy at least 30% of the team) and even if he could they would never approve him.  The team will probably go for $2.5-$3 billion.  Diddy's only worth like $820 million.  He has as much chance as Bon Jovi had of buying the Bills.
Food & Cooking Folder / Re: Beer Thread
« Last post by Old school tough guy on Today at 08:16:58 AM »
ew
Wrestling / Re: Puro Love & Resources V2
« Last post by Slayer on Today at 08:08:58 AM »
Wait, why does Misu have to put his hair on the line?  I thought the whole point of these types of matches was the hair vs the title, but if the champ loses they only lose the belt and not the hair/mask/whatever as well.  Regardless, even if Misu does have to get a haircut it hardly seems like a big deal, kinda like when Cima lost a DOA match a couple years ago and had his flattop shaved off that he could regrow back in a couple months.  Not quite the same as if a Tanahashi or Yamato (or yes, Goto) lost their hair. 

Really though even with the stip I'm not intrigued by this at all.  Either MiSu's awful reign continues with a bald Goto, or we're right back where we were a year ago with Goto having (another) uninspiring reign.  I was hoping for MiSu vs Ishii instead, and, shit, Ishii's not even on the main card, probably relegated to the preshow Rumble, wtf?
Wrestling / Re: XFL to Return?!??!
« Last post by Slayer on Today at 07:55:02 AM »
I'm skeptical that this is anything beyond signalling or otherwise just putting in a largely pointless placeholder

As far as the original XFL went, I never cared about the lower quality football.  Since it was in the spring and not in direct competition with the NFL I found it was just good enough as something to throw on the TV Saturday nights even as side noise if I wasn't paying attention.  Where it went downhill was when Vince started injecting awful shit like trying to force a feud between Jesse Ventura and one of the coaches (who humorously no sold it as he wasn't in on the "joke" and wanted nothing to do with it) or the Cheerleader Locker Room Dream Sequence Halftime Show, after which I turned it off completely with the exception of the title game

If a 70 y/o even more crazy and more out-of-it Vince tries more shit like that I can only see the train crashing right out of the station
Apparently another Paige NSFW phone hack leak is impending. :(
Food & Cooking Folder / Re: Beer Thread
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 07:32:19 AM »
Did anybody else know that they now have 40oz in plastic bottles now?!!?

WELL THEY DO!  AND IT GETS EVEN BETTER!  THEY'RE 42 OZ!!!!!!!

I picked up a couple of OE 800's.  I haven't had OE in a long ass time.  I wish the store had had Mickey's, that and Colt 45 are probably my fave cheap malt liquors that I drank in college
« Last post by Amy pats fan on Today at 07:25:35 AM »
Supposedly DIDDY wants to lead an ownership group to buy the Panthers, and Colin Kaepernick and Steph Curry want in

PLEASE GOD IN HEAVEN ALMIGHTY MAKE THIS FUCKING HAPPEN
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10